Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kodi: nfs failed

• 23-12-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

For the last couple of weeks, I've been struggling with an issue on my laptop-acting-as-a-HTPC. While streaming from my NAS upstairs, sometimes Kodi just stops playing, freezes and completely locks up. On CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, usually it's just marked as 'stopped working', so I kill it and restart, and all seems well.

The logs show an error around that time saying that the nfs has failed. It was quite bad a few weeks ago, so I changed the ethernet cable, which helped some, but I had 2 lock ups yesterday.

I've got a laptop (Win7) connected (wired) to a powerline adaptor which is then connected to my router which the NAS is also connected to, both upstairs. I'm guess any of these could be a point of failure, and I even have a new powerline adaptor in my amazon basket, but I'd quite like to narrow it down a bit more.

I've been googling the error for a while, but most of the responses I've found have been around issues with actually mounting, which doesn't really apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

New devices being plugged into the mains - such as Christmas tree lights etc may be interfering. Before going buying any new kit I'd try playing one of those files directly connected to the NAS via crossover cable/local switch/router etc or whatever is most convenient first to see if thats the problem or not.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd also power down and plug out everything in your chain for 5 minutes.
    Reinstallation of Kodi does not take long and you can create a file within Kodi for your library backup which will save time scraping all the series info/thumbs etc

Advertisement