Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They sell add ons...
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/add-ons/

20e for 15GB
    15e for 7.5GB
    10e for 1GB
    5e for 500MB

Not great value really.

How slow are the speeds? Reports from gomo thread say they were throttled to 256kbps.

Yep went from speed tests of 15-20 mb, to 0.2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I do see new masts popping up the last while, wonder which network is upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I do see new masts popping up the last while, wonder which network is upgrading.

Where?

GIMP wrote: »
    Where?

Around Longford area, new pole erected at Slashers, Tarmonbarry, new mast in Keenagh.

Another new monopole in Drumlish has appeared, Vodafones best 4g coverage could be a thing of the past at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

Hi all,
    Is there any other way to get in touch with Vodafone customer support?
    Dialing 1907 does not help, only if you book a call, which I did but nobody could be bothered to call me back.
    Then I went on Vodafone website to chat with them but for the past 4 days "no agent is available" regardles on the time I try to get in touch.
    I also contacted Vodafone on Facebook messenger for the past week to no avail, didn't even read the messages.
    Did Vodafone completely ditched customer support?
    Is Vodafone that broke that they can't afford to offer support to their customers? Or are they just ignorant as they are "market leaders"?

Any input regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.

P.S the reason I'm looking to get in touch with Vodafone is because I can't register with them to be able to use my Vodafone or my Vodafone app. If anyone wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

General question on three contracts. My contract is up 20 April 2020. When can i end the contract? I've seen some reference that I can upgrade from Jan 2020 on my account. I don't want to upgrade, id like to go sim free on a different provider. Do i have to wait till end of March to switch out of 3?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

hi folks,

General question on three contracts. My contract is up 20 April 2020. When can i end the contract? I've seen some reference that I can upgrade from Jan 2020 on my account. I don't want to upgrade, id like to go sim free on a different provider. Do i have to wait till end of March to switch out of 3?

Thanks,
    Michael

As far as I know is no way in getting out before the contract ends unless you pay upfront for what's left of your contact.
    Make sure you contact them 30 days prior contract end to let them know as the contract won't terminate by itself.
    On the agreed day they will move you on pay as you go and then you can port your number to any provider.
    As far as I know this rule applies for all providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

ironnike wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is there any other way to get in touch with Vodafone customer support?
    Dialing 1907 does not help, only if you book a call, which I did but nobody could be bothered to call me back.
    Then I went on Vodafone website to chat with them but for the past 4 days "no agent is available" regardles on the time I try to get in touch.
    I also contacted Vodafone on Facebook messenger for the past week to no avail, didn't even read the messages.
    Did Vodafone completely ditched customer support?
    Is Vodafone that broke that they can't afford to offer support to their customers? Or are they just ignorant as they are "market leaders"?

Any input regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.

P.S the reason I'm looking to get in touch with Vodafone is because I can't register with them to be able to use my Vodafone or my Vodafone app. If anyone wonders

Vodafone app is completely useless if your number is one of those that was moved to some new system a couple of months back. Mine is one of those, while my OH's is still on the old system and the app works for him. There are a lot of online complaints about the app not working properly. I get that chat error message when I try to connect from my phone, but have had some limited 'success' using a desktop PC.

However, the 'success' is being able to get to an agent (after a long wait) but problems are definitely not resolved, despite many false promises. I think Vodafone 'customer service' is non-existent right now. They solve nothing from anywhere, as far as I can see. It's a shame they left Boards Talk To, but I can see why - You have to actually want to help your customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The usual Vodafone free calls text data on Christmas day is back
    Free National and International Calls and Texts plus 20GB of data promotion for Vodafone Mobile customers in the Republic of Ireland on December 25th 2019
    https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

In previous years everyone got the offer but this year...
    This Promotion is open to eligible Vodafone Bill Pay or Pay as You Go Mobile and Business Mobile customers only. Mobile Broadband customers are not included

Not sure whether the allowances are shown in the portal and/or 50233. If not shown it's a bit of a leap of faith as to whether it's actually free until you start using it and check your credit balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

In previous years everyone got the offer but this year...

Not sure whether the allowances are shown in the portal and/or 50233. If not shown it's a bit of a leap of faith as to whether it's actually free until you start using it and check your credit balance.

Does anyone actually use much mobile data on Xmas day? Most people are at home (on wifi) I would imagine, so it's a cheap enough 'gift' from Vodafone.

I'd prefer if they actually invested something into customer service, which has become all but non-existent with Vodafone lately. Or fix their faulty app maybe. I am unable to rely on their wildly inaccurate data counter and cannot access any of their offers via my phone. I can only top up online now. I know I'm not the only one with that problem but it's utterly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Quick quest about vodafone's pay as you go plans. If I top up for their chat extra plan, would I get to keep my credit, or is it taken to activate the plan? I've never been on vodafone before.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭fman

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Quick quest about vodafone's pay as you go plans. If I top up for their chat extra plan, would I get to keep my credit, or is it taken to activate the plan? I've never been on vodafone before.
    As far as I know, most of the payg plans now work like light versions of bills. In your example, they take all the credit. Beware too of topping up while in the middle of a plan, often causes everything to reset so takes some planning. Eg top up by 5 or 10 before your plan top up. I would say to contact voda for more info but that's not exactly an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

3 mobile have a phone on their website in the prepay shop, it seems I am entitled to an upgrade, but although I'm due an upgrade it's only available to new customers. I've spent about half an hour on to someone in India to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

I was out of a data plan for this - and I was using the free data throughout the day without being charged the 1.99 out of plan daily price.
    Made a note of switching off the mobile data at 11.30pm.

Checked my balance yesterday and I had been deducted the 1.99.
    Checked my usage and allegedly I used data at 2.00am (I was long asleep by then) on the 26th but didn't use any MBs.

I used the online chat yesterday to query it and all I was told according to their records I used mobile data - end of!

Chancers!!

Hi folks,
    If you port out of eir 30 day rolling contract should it automatically cancel? Do I need to contact eir to cancel?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi folks,
    If you port out of eir 30 day rolling contract should it automatically cancel? Do I need to contact eir to cancel?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Afaik it will cancel your eir account. At least that's what happened when I switched from Vodafone. Give eir a shout just to be on the safe side.

Afaik it will cancel your eir account. At least that's what happened when I switched from Vodafone. Give eir a shout just to be on the safe side.

Just onto them now. On hold..yawn

Just onto them now. On hold..yawn

They cancelled automatically but it messed up my bundle. They fixed it up over the phone. Had broadband and phone and 3 mobiles..

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

_Godot_ wrote: »

Did anybody sign up to this plan, I'm thinking of porting from Three and also wondering if you keep your credit? Think they Vodafone have an offer with 100 bonus credit over 10 months at the moment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Does anyone know how the FCAT_MI offer works? I didn't deliberately sign up to it but put credit on yesterday on a spare phone and it now says this has been activated.
    What does the offer entail, anyone know please? I'll be well pissed off if my credit has been used up on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does anyone know how the FCAT_MI offer works? I didn't deliberately sign up to it but put credit on yesterday on a spare phone and it now says this has been activated.
    What does the offer entail, anyone know please?

AFAIK it's the default plan for SIMs that aren't opted in to any of the plans from the last few years.

Think it's an abbreviation of "Free Calls And Texts, Mobile Internet" and includes calls and texts to Vodafone mobiles and 250 MB. It's not really of much use as it's almost impossible to know if the number called/texted is also Vodafone unless they're family/friends. The 250MB is better than nothing but not by much. Those benefits expire after 28 days.

Anyway, it shouldn't take your credit, whatever you topped up by should be there as credit. The credit remains beyond the 28 days.

Text BAL to 50233 to check credit balance. It should also be shown on my Vodafone portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭skytop

Hi , I am having a problem using the Vodafone online store! For the last few day I have been trying to switch from PAYG to bill phone , I choose my phone and when it asks me if I want to keep my number I choose yes , but on the drop down beside it the option to choose Vodafone as my current network is not there, all other networks are there except Vodafone , Has anyone seen this before

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭skytop

Hi , I am having a problem using the Vodafone online store! For the last few day I have been trying to switch from PAYG to bill phone , I choose my phone and when it asks me if I want to keep my number I choose yes , but on the drop down beside it the option to choose Vodafone as my current network is not there, all other networks are there except Vodafone , Has anyone seen this before

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Impossible to get hold of any three representative . Hours on hold, no chat person available on their site.
    Phone broke over the weekend, need to get hold of someone. Aargh !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Barnsley

Im trying to buy a phone on the Vodafone website and switch from eir to Vodafone. The €100 discount is applied when I first go to my basket but when i have to review and confirm my order the discount is not applied and I'm charged the full price. Is this wrong or will the discount be taken off if I confirm my order? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DOC40

Hi all,
    Wee question if someone can tell me re Vodafone. My wife is on a 12-month simo Red contract-€35 a month.
    She is over the 12 month now and wants to leave to go to another provider.

She has just paid the €35 for the month ahead but wants to buy a sim-free phone and move.
    What is her best way to contact Vodafone (it seems impossible going by the website) and tell them she wants to leave?
    Or if she moves to another provider on pay-as-you-go plan and keeps her number will the new provider just be able to terminate the 'contract' with Vodafone?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

DOC40 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Wee question if someone can tell me re Vodafone. My wife is on a 12-month simo Red contract-€35 a month.
    She is over the 12 month now and wants to leave to go to another provider.

She has just paid the €35 for the month ahead but wants to buy a sim-free phone and move.
    What is her best way to contact Vodafone (it seems impossible going by the website) and tell them she wants to leave?
    Or if she moves to another provider on pay-as-you-go plan and keeps her number will the new provider just be able to terminate the 'contract' with Vodafone?

Thanks for any help.

I always find a public post to twitter gets anyone's attention.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Once she is out of contract all she needs to do is change network. Once the port is complete this should cancel the account. To be on the safe side I would ring them also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone know what the minimum top up required to keep a number active?
    I always assumed it was €10 every six months but I noticed they allow €5 top ups on the Vodafone website.

Will a €5 top up keep the number active for another six months?

Advertisement