Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android phone

• 20-03-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi.my phone fell into water last night.wouldnt come on.but this morning it came back on.however google cards wouldnt show up so I turned phone off thinking that could solve that problem but it wont come back on now.the internet was working ok except for google cards.. I'll just have to hope it comes back on. Any info welcome..

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Generally speaking, when you drop phones into water the worst thing you can do is turn them on before they are completely dry(or cleaned!). I would think that the chances it is goosed now are high and your issue with google cards was likely completely unrelated to the water drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭fantastic98

Generally speaking, when you drop phones into water the worst thing you can do is turn them on before they are completely dry(or cleaned!). I would think that the chances it is goosed now are high and your issue with google cards was likely completely unrelated to the water drop.

If thats the case how come that it came on this morning and internet was working no problem.doesnt mean it wont come on again..

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭fantastic98

Also the charging light is on so there must be some life left in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If thats the case how come that it came on this morning and internet was working no problem.doesnt mean it wont come on again..

Water

Can

Move

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ED E wrote: »
    Water

Can

Move
    Also corrosion and circuit shorts, both of which may not present immediately. OP, there could be about two hundred possible issues with it, and the only way to find out is by an expert doing a forensic teardown and examination of it. Which would be substantially more expensive than getting a new phone.

For future reference, if you get your phone wet, make sure it's turned off, take out the battery (if you can), put it somewhere dry and warm (not hot), and don't touch it for at least 24 hours (the longer you leave it, the better).

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
Advertisement