Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

this is 100% the single sim version too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

ianob7 wrote: »

Regarding Three will it be locked to 3 sims only or unlocked to all network?

EDIT: Looks like the answer is there u need to spend a minimum amount to have it unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I see Vodafone have increased the offer to the first 100 customers now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So is it 100% that the three ready to go price of 750 include the headphones ?.

As it's the girlfirends birthday is soon and this l9oks like the perfect phone for her

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Got my hands on one earlier for half and hour ,it's a lovely device ,love the screen and the images are class without having to change any settings ,

Looking forward to the pre-order arriving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Most UK retailers shipping today for delivery tomorrow. Dont know why Irish retailers are a week behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

dan786 wrote: »
    Most UK retailers shipping today for delivery tomorrow. Dont know why Irish retailers are a week behind.

I had this confusion also but I think that...

The P20 is released tomorrow
    The P20 Pro is the 13th

So is it only the p20 shipping tomorrow in uk?

ForestFire wrote: »
    I had this confusion also but I think that...

The P20 is released tomorrow
    The P20 Pro is the 13th

So is it only the p20 shipping tomorrow in uk?

Nope, P20 Pro also being shipped tomorrow in UK (seen few guys got dispatch email on HUKD). My order status with Vodafone says due for dispatch.

But some also saying they got emails saying theirs is delayed till 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Nope, P20 Pro also being shipped tomorrow in UK (seen few guys got dispatch email on HUKD). My order status with Vodafone says due for dispatch.

But some also saying they got emails saying theirs is delayed till 20th.

Interesting, maybe they are jumping the gun with the pro.

My order is also due for dispatch, but I have a funny feeling it was like this since order, do you remember if yours has changed since order date?

My order is also due for dispatch, but I have a funny feeling it was like this since order, do you remember if yours has changed since order date?

No idea never check before today.

• Advertisement

Amazon France are offering a 100£ Giftcard to use on Amazon UK with this. 899e for the Factory Unlocked P20 Pro and they have the Twilight Version:

https://www.amazon.fr/Huawei-Carte-cadeau-offerte-amazon-fr/dp/B07BQ353MR/ref=sr_tr_sr_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1522953288&sr=1-4&keywords=p20+pro&dpID=41Edvag3FnL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Mine says the same but I never checked it till now.
    I reckon it'll be the 13th for us. It's going to be a looooooong week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Amazon France are offering a 100£ Giftcard to use on Amazon UK with this. 899e for the Factory Unlocked P20 Pro and they have the Twilight Version:

https://www.amazon.fr/Huawei-Carte-cadeau-offerte-amazon-fr/dp/B07BQ353MR/ref=sr_tr_sr_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1522953288&sr=1-4&keywords=p20+pro&dpID=41Edvag3FnL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

i think you are using translate as thats a 100 EUR for use on amazon.fr. they are a totally different entity to co.uk so you will be be charged delivery

i think you are using translate as thats a 100 EUR for use on amazon.fr. they are a totally different entity to co.uk so you will be be charged delivery

Nope, they are definitely doing 100£ for Amazon UK as posted on HUKD earlier. I think using an Irish IP it doesnt show same offer.

Nope, they are definitely doing 100£ for Amazon UK as posted on HUKD earlier. I think using an Irish IP it doesnt show same offer.

i would be very surprised. they wouldnt offer a voucher for a different entity company. case in point three.co.uk vs three.ie differences

i would be very surprised. they wouldnt offer a voucher for a different entity company. case in point three.co.uk vs three.ie differences

:)

:)

look closely at the text thats not been translated

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

My P20 Pro arrived this morning from Vodafone UK. I wont be able to have a look until later. The wife said no headphones came with the phone depsite them assuring me it would :(

Looks like I'll have to wait until the 20th now to make the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Anybody bought a case for it yet? I'm trying to get one in advance. Can find the official flip case in stock anywhere.

What about other brands of case. Anybody recommend a manufacturer?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

iHungry wrote: »
    Anybody bought a case for it yet? I'm trying to get one in advance. Can find the official flip case in stock anywhere.

Cheers

Spigen do good covers: https://ie.mobilefun.com/spigen-rugged-armor-huawei-p20-pro-tough-case-black-67544

• Advertisement

rednoggin wrote: »
    My P20 Pro arrived this morning from Vodafone UK. I wont be able to have a look until later. The wife said no headphones came with the phone depsite them assuring me it would :(

Looks like I'll have to wait until the 20th now to make the claim.

Dont think any UK retailer was sending them with phones, they have to be claimed via Huawei site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

P20 and P20 Lite now available from today (on Vodafone site anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

Got a chance to play around with the phone during lunch. Initial thoughts are good. The low light shots are impressive, and the Bokeh seems to work really well.

The fingerprint scanner is very fast, as is the face unlock. I didn't expect it to be as good. I was surprised to find the fingerprint scanner isn't an physical button, it doesn't move but it does still act as the home button.

I'm not really impressed by the screen, the S8 looks much better. Its not a bad screen, it just doesn't stand out imo.

Personally the first negative thing I found is the notch. It's so distracting, I switched if off almost immediately. If it didn't have this feature I probably wouldn't have bought the phone.

FYI there is a clear phone case protector that came in the bock for those worried if they get the phone and haven't sorted a case out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭brevity

The Verge have given it an excellent review. Wasn't expecting that.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/6/17198708/huawei-p20-pro-review

iHungry wrote: »

Cheers

aamzon have 1.99 casdes buy 3 get 2pounds off,
    Also have spiegen ones for 10er

rednoggin wrote: »
    Got a chance to play around with the phone during lunch. Initial thoughts are good. The low light shots are impressive, and the Bokeh seems to work really well.

FYI there is a clear phone case protector that came in the bock for those worried if they get the phone and haven't sorted a case out.

Dual or single sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭micks_address

Looking at the p20 Pro from three.. It comes with free bose wireless headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭micks_address

Looking at the p20 Pro from three.. It comes with free bose wireless headphones?

Put through an order on bill pay but no idea if I'll get headphones or not.. Should the email confirmation say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Put through an order on bill pay but no idea if I'll get headphones or not.. Should the email confirmation say?

I believe the offer was while stocks last ,
    You Might have to wait and see.

Actually see here

Bose Headphones T&C's:

1. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Huawei P20 Pro (“Eligible Preorder”). Customers with the first 120 Eligible Preorders strictly from 9am on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 shall each receive a pair of Bose headphones (RRP €379.95)

2. For Eligible Preorders Bose headphones will be received by customers separately from device within 30 days.

3. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or regulatory provisions, you agree to return the Bose headphones to Three with your device. Where the Bose Headphones experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the Bose Headphones.

Advertisement