Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games? (Part II)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭droidman123

corkie wrote: »
    Chameleon Run Progress?

How the heck is someone tapping so fast with two fingers to be able to change colours and jump at the same time.

I'm currently at level 1-11 (all marbles collected) prior levels all completed except for speed runs.

My speed for level 1-3 is at 0:12.734 need to get to 0:10.800 to complete speed challenge.

How is everyone else doing that is playing?

I deleted this game after a few goes,lol my fingers arnt as fast as they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The game looks good and I went on the Play Store to look at it, only to see I already have it installed! I must have installed it from looking at this thread and totally forgot about it!
    I've still yet to play it, obviously!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭droidman123

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ezydev.phonecompare

This is a great app for anyone thinking of getting a new phone,just type in the model and it gives all the specs,release date,price etc.theres even a function to compare specs of 2 different phones at a glance.simple and quick to use and clutter free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I finished the stages in Chameleon Run out of stubbornness but I hated it as a game. It is challenging and hard but completely devoid of fun in a later levels. It has a great feel to it early on but once you need to start changing colors it becomes a case of having run the level enough times to more or less know the path. It becomes completely devoid of fun and sucks any joy right out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Chameleon Run Progress?

How the heck is someone tapping so fast with two fingers to be able to change colours and jump at the same time.

Edit: - Just noticed level 1-13 is called "AUTO SWITCH", so you need to complete that level to be able to complete the earlier speed runs!
    Edit 2: - Above doesn't effect the game as I thought!

I'm currently at level 1-11 (all marbles collected) prior levels all completed except for speed runs.

My speed for level 1-3 is at 0:12.734 need to get to 0:10.800 to complete speed challenge.

How is everyone else doing that is playing?

It's a very challenging game. I completed phase 1 but the last level took some major effort.

Haven't tried phase 2 properly yet but imagine it will be impossible!

lassykk wrote: »

Currently stuck trying to get through level 1-14!

Edit: Managed to get to the End of that level, but still need to repeat for Marbles etc!

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Currently stuck trying to get through level 1-14!

Edit: Managed to get to the End of that level, but still need to repeat for Marbles etc!

Have fun with 1-15 so.... That took me a long time to clear!

Stuck on 2-2 now but haven't spent too much time at it (yet!)

Very good game, just about on the cusp of being too hard (for me)

A productive lunch time has seen me finish the levels.

Not sure if I have the motivation to collect all the marbles, etc on each level though
    The last level is a huge let down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Oddworld Inhabitants Inc

oddsw.gif

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oddworld.Stranger

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee Oddworld Inhabitants Inc

oddmo.gif

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oddworld.Munch

---

Both the above are €1.09 for the next week.. Worth noting, both apps are in excess of 500MB.

Check the minimum phone specs before purchase, the games do not support certain chipsets.

** PLEASE NOTE: Rockchip, Broadcom and Amlogic devices NOT SUPPORTED! Requires at least a 1.2 GHz dual core CPU, 1 GB RAM with Adreno 220, Nvidia Tegra 3, ARM Mali 400-MP, PowerVR SGX 543MP, Intel HD Graphics or Vivante GC1000 GPU. Runs at variable resolution based on device capabilities. Performance settings available in app.

If you're of the 'Playstation 1' generation, you'll be right at home. ;)

Except for the Speed Challenge (which probably impossible), I have been completing all the challenges (Marbles, Crystals and not changing color), for each level before starting the next! Just completed 1-14! That way the path through the level is still fresh, even with the changes to route needed for each challenge!

Amalgam wrote: »
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Oddworld Inhabitants Inc

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oddworld.Stranger

Great game thoroughly enjoyed playing it!

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee Oddworld Inhabitants Inc

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oddworld.Munch

Another good game but I never completed it!

Just completed 1-15 level (all marbles), your correct it is a tricky level. But once you get the right rhythm of it, you can fly through it. Back to it to get crystals etc!

Edit: - Completed the challenges for that level (except speed)! Level 2-1 looks to be a though level!

Just completed 1-15 level (all marbles), your correct it is a tricky level. But once you get the right rhythm of it, you can fly through it. Back to it to get crystals etc!

I played the game a different way to you so... I only went back or get marbles when I couldn't start the next level without having enough chameleons (that's a weird sentence!)

I've no hope of doing the speed ones but that video you linked to - I can't reproduce that speed on any level so not sure if I'm missing something.

I'll settle for all marbles and no colour switch on all levels to keep me engaged with the game but I'm only up to 1-15 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭jeffk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

jeffk wrote: »

Trying it now
    The full app is an absolute mess of a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

jeffk wrote: »

I can't uninstall Facebook on my S7, tried to install above but won't, says file corrupt. Anyway of uninstalling Facebook or do I have to root?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭jeffk

R11 wrote:
    I can't uninstall Facebook on my S7, tried to install above but won't, says file corrupt. Anyway of uninstalling Facebook or do I have to root?

Unfortunately to ununstall built-in apps you'd need to root

Lara Croft GO -- Updated -- ++ 80% Off -- Euro 0.99!

What's New:
    - The new chapter, Mirror of Spirits, is finally available! Take Lara through a whole new journey in an alternate reality.
    - Play through 25 new puzzles introducing 3 new mechanics
    - New free Lara Croft GO Sticker Pack for iMessage
    - Various bug fixes and improvements

Downloaded the update, but yet to play the new chapter!

Did the other "GO" games get updated levels recently?

Hitman Go, Deus Ex Go and Hitman Sniper are also advertised as 80% off in the store!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

Downloaded Weather Live off that. Really nice looking app and plenty info but the location tracking is rubbish. I'm in West Clare not Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Don't the weather apps eat the battery?

Testament1 wrote: »
    Downloaded Weather Live off that. Really nice looking app and plenty info but the location tracking is rubbish. I'm in West Clare not Dublin!

Did you allow it location permissions, and do you have location turned on on your device? No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

Yeah had all that on from the start. It's picking up my proper location, don't know what caused it to glitch out earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

Looks like Google Assistant has rolled out here as it's showing for me with English UK language on the keyboard.

So you can switch language back and get rid of those dodgy US spellings!

Going to miss the handy feature of being able to select text in Google Now from images or on apps that didn't let you copy. I had stuck with Google Now after testing GA for a bit.

Did Gboard stop auto capitalising 'i' for every one else a while ago?

Not sure if it all started when i tested the GA app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good Android Humble Bundle of Adventure Games.

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/great-adventures-mobile-bundle

Pay $1 for: Grim Fandango Remastered, Kathy Rain, Machinarium + Grim Fandango soundtrack.
    Pay $4 for above, plus: Her Story, Sorcery! 4, Burly Men at Sea
    Pay $6 for above, plus: Lumino City, Samorost 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That Lustre icon pack is nice.
    Thanks!

Advertisement