Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your setup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

:)Have done a bit more today.

If you look over to the right you will see a CM 1.2m dish which I will place on top:)
    picture.php?albumid=1849&pictureid=10871

picture.php?albumid=1849&pictureid=10872

and

picture.php?albumid=1849&pictureid=10873

So far so good :).

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

Hi!
    I more or less finished this year's SAT-antenna's adjustments. Winter time is not so pleasant to touch havy metall. :)
    That 180cm primefocus will be motorised, plan to get 30*W-90*E (maybe even 96*E). Have got C/Ku LNB and also V-Box for linear motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

@ Greenman and Rima

Bloody unbelievable work. As a very keen novice, I'm feckin amazed at the sheer amount of LNBs you folks have squeezed in and the quality of the finishing. Im in awe of you both :)

I suppose we all have to start somewhere ! Keep posting the pics - i'll steal plenty of your ideas over the coming mths/years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭droicead

hi
    ive been looking through this thread and am amazed at the satellite set ups some people have here..full on!....i remember years ago before sky took a stronghold on the tv set up in ireland there was lots of european stations like dsf and watching westerns im deutsch!...could anybody tell me where i could find out what channels i could get with a dreambox 800hd setbox?do i need a motorised dish to hit on the different satellites or would the dreambox work plugged into my existing sky dish?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Newtown90

droicead wrote: »
    hi
    ive been looking through this thread and am amazed at the satellite set ups some people have here..full on!....i remember years ago before sky took a stronghold on the tv set up in ireland there was lots of european stations like dsf and watching westerns im deutsch!...could anybody tell me where i could find out what channels i could get with a dreambox 800hd setbox?do i need a motorised dish to hit on the different satellites or would the dreambox work plugged into my existing sky dish?
    thanks

A dreambox is a fta box essentially but it can do other things if you know what to do...

Google is your friend as it cant be discussed here..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

droicead wrote: »
    hi
    thanks
    Depends on the channels you're after. Many German mainstream channels are free to air. For these, you'd need a dish on Astra 1 constellation at 19.2°East (Currently, you'd be getting Sky from the Astra 2/Eurobird1 constellation at 28.2/5°East). There are more FTA channels on Hotbird 13°E, both of these could be got with a multi-LNB on one dish (80cm+), and a DiSEqC switch to feed your DM800.

Hi, for my future set-ups I just got this 150cm antique dish. After little refurbishing work that will probably take place somewhere (do not know where exactly) near my house. Got it for 50 bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well I thought I'd best update this thread on my current set as barring a new dish and 10/1 switches I've hit my limit on my TD88...
    til summer arrives anyway ;)

I was experimenting with an adjustable aluminium multi lnb setup that whilst allowing great adjustment and signal peaking....was a PITA in wind :(
    Needed constant readjusting unlike my rock solid Triax multiblock.

So I've reverted to the multiblock and with some time ;)
    I now have 7lnbs set up on it receiving 4.8',9/10', 13', 16', 19.2', 23.5', and 28.2.

I was having an issue with 23.5 where i wasn't receiving Sat BG and a few other TPs but after modding an lnb holder to sit @4mm higher on the bar(extra height while keeping the slope for the rest) and swapping for a narrow lnb at that position I'm now receiving @394 services from that bird :) I'm even outperforming a mates 1mtr motor there at the mo :)

I will add some pics of the current setup later.
    I just want to say thanks to all who proffered help and advice to me while I was getting to grips with my satellite addiction :P
    And to let ye all know I hope I can return the favour sometime.
    Thanks folks.

EDIT: I added the pics to follow up, and included pics of the (very simplistic) mod I made to get me peaked on 23.5e.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would I be right in thinking you spend more time messing with your setup than actually watching anything? If so, welcome to the club :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kacaksireland

28.2E sky digital
    19.2E canaldigital
    13E Russian channels,cyfra+,polsat.
    9E Russian Hd channels,platforma HD
    4.8E Ukrainian channels

Head Dreambox 800 and opticum HD X4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Hi all, will hopefully be dipping my toe in the world of foreign satellite in the next month or so and still not 100% sure on what makes and models to get.

I'm pretty set on getting a Blade 7000s but would appreciate any help on the parts I should get for the rest of my system - (dish, motor, lnb mainly).

I'm hoping to install a motorised set up to get the full use of the system and was planning on using the following;

Want a motor with metal parts
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technomate-TM-2600-Super-DiSEqC-Satellite-Motor-/330672235782?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item4cfd99e506

Triax Td110 dish

LNB - does the model really matter with such a large dish?

Finally, the dish has to be fitted on the north facing side of the building as it's above a shop. I have read that I could fit it on a pole above the gutter line. The pitch of the rough looks pretty average and the there is nothing higher than the shop in front of it facing south.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hi all, will hopefully be dipping my toe in the world of foreign satellite in the next month or so and still not 100% sure on what makes and models to get.

I'm pretty set on getting a Blade 7000s but would appreciate any help on the parts I should get for the rest of my system - (dish, motor, lnb mainly).

I'm hoping to install a motorised set up to get the full use of the system and was planning on using the following;

Want a motor with metal parts
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technomate-TM-2600-Super-DiSEqC-Satellite-Motor-/330672235782?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item4cfd99e506

Triax Td110 dish

LNB - does the model really matter with such a large dish?

Finally, the dish has to be fitted on the north facing side of the building as it's above a shop. I have read that I could fit it on a pole above the gutter line. The pitch of the rough looks pretty average and the there is nothing higher than the shop in front of it facing south.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give

Brian

This Sticky thread is for people to show their existing systems, you might get more replies if you posted a new thread on the main page.

I have that dish and the TM 2100 motor an earlier version of the 2600 and both are very good. Get an Inverto Dark Ultra LNB it will definitely help.

What do you want/expect to receive? There are FTA film channels in English on 26 East (one of the weaker satellites) but there is not too much else FTA in English otherwise. If you want to get football, films etc you will have to pay foreign providers. Do you want to watch feeds? A lot them are in 4:2:2 which the Blade receiver will not be able to decode. The only receiver doing that at the moment is the AzBox (or streaming video from a receiver card in your computer). Lots are also encrypted and not viewable. Real time list of feeds here, Central European time.

http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

Are you going to install the system yourself? It will have to be facing South and over the roofline which could expose it to movement in high winds. Mine is well sheltered on the back wall of my house. I got it installed a few years ago by a professional which was an expensive but in the long run a very sensible option.

You are probably familiar with the different satellites you can expect to receive, if not google Lyngsat, Flysat and Kingofsat they have all the frequencies and footprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Thanks for the help will start a new thread as well. I'm planning on seeing what FTA channels I can get and other things that can't really be talked about here I believe.

One final thing I've heard of 442 feeds before but don't fully understand them. What exactly are they and what channels would I not be able to view without a box capable of using them?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Thanks for the help will start a new thread as well. I'm planning on seeing what FTA channels I can get and other things that can't really be talked about here I believe.

One final thing I've heard of 442 feeds before but don't fully understand them. What exactly are they and what channels would I not be able to view without a box capable of using them?

Thanks again.

If you look on the Satelliweb site you will see either 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 as the transmission type. You can tune in a 4:2:2 signal but you will only get the audio with most receivers. Feeds are temporary transmissions for satellite news gathering and sports events mostly. A lot of them are encrypted these days and not viewable on any normal receiver. You will notice feeds are busiest in the afternoon/evening but not much late at night.

:)Placed my CM 1.2m dish today.

This is for Nilesat which is very strong these days.

Regards JD.

picture.php?albumid=1849&pictureid=12343

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dicey2

80cm Triax Mesh Dish
    Pointing to Astra 28, Astra 19 and Hotbird 13
    Disqeq switches located in the shed behind the dish. Twin feed cable ran to 3 receviers - 1 Technomate 6902 and 2 Opticum X7's

2012-02-26-178.jpg
    2012-02-26-179.jpg
    2012-02-26-180.jpg
    2012-02-26-182.jpg

Here is a shot from another angle, the weather was more cheerful too.:)

Off out to place my other CM 1.2, this one will be used as a feed seeker along with the AZbox.

More pics to follow.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=12535

Hello,
    Placed the CM 1.2m with actuator last monday. Very happy with result. The install went very smooth. When I had taken it down from its previous location I had it looking at Arabsat, when I placed it in its new home I found Arabsat, tightened up everything and the arc needed no adjustment :):):).

Now all is good in my satellite farm with some tweaking and adding to follow. Enclosed a few pics.

picture.php?albumid=1849&pictureid=12587

picture.php?albumid=1849&pictureid=12588

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KasparsS

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Ghostleader

How the non $ky fan boys roll in my house!!:

PICT0015.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Superb m8!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

PICT0015.jpg

Looking at your arm there. it looks stable. Can you explain what youve used? My multilnb arm will soon need updating (Ive got 13, 19, 23, 28 east) currently on a Gilbertini 1.1m with a fragile Gilbertini multi lnb arm. It works fine but i want to add more lnbs and its not strong enough to hold any more i feel.

If your talking about mine & your actual LNB rail then yes, mine is very solid, its seen a good few 90 and 100 miles a hour high winds. The dish is a 80cm perforated ISS and the metal rail system is a Orbital two which does a spread 24 degrees, I use it regular for multi LNB installs of 13E & 28E. Im surprised you say the Gilbertini dish matched rail is flimsy, how so? Do you think the rail is thin and will sag or what? With a dish of your size here I would go for 5E,9E,13E,16Ecentre,19E,23E,28E and 39E.

Im surprised you say the Gilbertini dish matched rail is flimsy, how so? Do you think the rail is thin and will sag or what?

Yes its thin and not the most robust of lnb rails ive seen. Its lasted a few good years though, but i fear any more weight on it and it'll be good night nurse.

snaps wrote: »
    Yes its thin and not the most robust of lnb rails ive seen. Its lasted a few good years though, but i fear any more weight on it and it'll be good night nurse.

Im pretty sure I have seen the Gilbertini bracket, its LNB holders almost look like washing machine drainage pipe clamps, thin and have a nut and bolt locking mech at the top?

snaps wrote: »

Im pretty sure I have seen the Gilbertini bracket, its LNB holders almost look like washing machine drainage pipe clamps, thin and have a nut and bolt locking mech at the top?
    that's them yes!

Well after the better part of three years the quad that was trained on 28E failed on Saturday so I took down the whole rig and quickly fired up a kit I use for installs but I only had two Black Ultras sitting in the store and a couple of odd single LNB's I had in my odds n sods box, so I made the best of what I had and fired up the kit, two Black Ultras, One on 13E, One offset on 19E and a wee three pound Lidl LNB on 28E. It will do until I get bum in gear and shop up something a bit more hardcore.

2012-08-13171622.jpg

Hi everybody!
    I've got some updates on SAT-setup. Firstly, installed 120cm Kathrein polar-mounted prime-focus dish. It is almost 20 years old but still in ship shape, real German quality. Plan to tune it fixed on 90*E Ku band. Secondly there is plastic offset 118cm in diagonal dish. On that by now I put 75*E and 85*E on multifeed. I also have same square-shaped dish in wood shed, that has 160cm diagonal. Unfortunately, it seems that I run out of free space for installing antennas, should think how to make additional fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭sob1467

Have been meaning to post in this thread for a long time so here I go.

scaled.php?server=528&filename=imag0713z.jpg&res=landing

This is what I watch almost every Saturday evening at 3pm (Unless United are playing and only watch one screen then:D)

Anyway the big screen is coming from a projector onto a 96" screen. On the left is a 42" TV showing BBC final score via Freeview.

The small screen on the left is a Laptop (not connected to the satellite) and the small screen to the left is connected to a receiver usually an old Dreambox 500 but today it was connected to an old Digitalb receiver.

scaled.php?server=407&filename=imag0718n.jpg&res=landing

This is the projector that I use think its a Optoma 600x.

scaled.php?server=145&filename=imag0719.jpg&res=landing

The projector is connected to this Opticum receiver. This is conax embedded and it is this receiver that I use to read my Cyfra+ card. Also reads my JSC card but its currently expired.

scaled.php?server=4&filename=imag0727o.jpg&res=landing

The small screen to the left is just a laptop connected to a match that is being screened online whilst the screen to the right is connected to an old paired Digitalb receiver to a fixed dish that was luckily pointed to 10east today where there was a FTA Premiership match on today. Found out on liveonsat forum.

scaled.php?server=402&filename=imag0730x.jpg&res=landing

This is my setup from the outside a fixed old Freesat dish and a motorised dish with a Technomate 2600 I think motor.

I sometimes use the big TV to keep an eye on another match if need be but usually have it on BBC for final score to tell me what to watch. Usually have BBC radio 5 live on in the background its gives you a good idea about what is going on and what game to watch. Also have another old laptop lying around for radio delay as well as a DAB radio.

Many people who see it thinks your crazy or that you've spent a fortune on it but thats not really the case because the set up has been built up over the years.

Most of the ideas on what to get receiver and cardwise came from this forum so lets keep it going.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

sob1467 wrote: »
    Have been meaning to post in this thread for a long time so here I go.

scaled.php?server=528&filename=imag0713z.jpg&res=landing

This is what I watch almost every Saturday evening at 3pm (Unless United are playing and only watch one screen then:D)

Anyway the big screen is coming from a projector onto a 96" screen. On the left is a 42" TV showing BBC final score via Freeview.

The small screen on the left is a Laptop (not connected to the satellite) and the small screen to the left is connected to a receiver usually an old Dreambox 500 but today it was connected to an old Digitalb receiver.

scaled.php?server=407&filename=imag0718n.jpg&res=landing

This is the projector that I use think its a Optoma 600x.

scaled.php?server=145&filename=imag0719.jpg&res=landing

The projector is connected to this Opticum receiver. This is conax embedded and it is this receiver that I use to read my Cyfra+ card. Also reads my JSC card but its currently expired.

scaled.php?server=4&filename=imag0727o.jpg&res=landing

The small screen to the left is just a laptop connected to a match that is being screened online whilst the screen to the right is connected to an old paired Digitalb receiver to a fixed dish that was luckily pointed to 10east today where there was a FTA Premiership match on today. Found out on liveonsat forum.

scaled.php?server=402&filename=imag0730x.jpg&res=landing

This is my setup from the outside a fixed old Freesat dish and a motorised dish with a Technomate 2600 I think motor.

I sometimes use the big TV to keep an eye on another match if need be but usually have it on BBC for final score to tell me what to watch. Usually have BBC radio 5 live on in the background its gives you a good idea about what is going on and what game to watch. Also have another old laptop lying around for radio delay as well as a DAB radio.

Many people who see it thinks your crazy or that you've spent a fortune on it but thats not really the case because the set up has been built up over the years.

Most of the ideas on what to get receiver and cardwise came from this forum so lets keep it going.:)

its a bit ex-stream but a good set up

two questions if you do not mind how do you use the radio delay, what kind of set up.
    and
    what sit do you use to stream the second match ?

thanks

Advertisement