Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

If anyone spots any Black Friday deals can they post them here.

I've an itch to upgrade my Mi9T , only have it a year :/

Poco X3 NFC is looking nice for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's the screen protector. You can remove it or change to a glass one.

FFS.

Can't believe that I didn't spot that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

What are the main differences between
    Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G and POCO X3 NFC
    The information changes depending on what comparison or review website I look at.
    Obviously one has 5g, which I don't care about yet.

• /\/ollog wrote: »
    What are the main differences between
    Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G and POCO X3 NFC
    The information changes depending on what comparison or review website I look at.
    Obviously one has 5g, which I don't care about yet.

The Mi 10T has a better processor and GPU (732 Vs 750) the poco X3 has higher megapixel cameras.

Also the mi 10 t has slightly faster storage, and it might be cheaper than the poco X3 if opting for the 128gb version.

If it were my decision I would choose the xiaomi mi 10T

The Mi 10T has a better processor and GPU (732 Vs 750) the poco X3 has higher megapixel cameras.

Also the mi 10 t has slightly faster storage, and it might be cheaper than the poco X3 if opting for the 128gb version.

If it were my decision I would choose the xiaomi mi 10T

Mi10t lite has same 64mp camera and is 30gbp more expensive for the 128gb version
    Battery in poco x3 is bigger too

I don't really care for 5g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

McMurphy wrote: »
    FFS.

Can't believe that I didn't spot that. :pac:
    Have an LG V20 after nearly 3 years of owning it thought the screen was scuffed beyond redemption couple of weeks later the screen protector peeled off:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

dinorebel wrote: »
    Have an LG V20 after nearly 3 years of owning it thought the screen was scuffed beyond redemption couple of weeks later the screen protector peeled off:o

Can't believe that and now I know why the screen was attracting an unusual amount of static fluff/dirt etc (and still is), and I'm supposed to be the tech savvy one in this house. :pac:

The guy in the shop where I bought mine asked if I wanted a screen protector. I was like eh it's got one already. I'd say half the city is going around double bagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Looking to buy a phone for the father budget about 250 probably. Was looking at the Mi10t Lite. Anyone have any other opinions?

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Looking to buy a phone for the father budget about 250 probably. Was looking at the Mi10t Lite. Anyone have any other opinions?

Just pulled trigger on poco x3 nfc last night. Was on fence between two.
    199gbp on amazon for 128 gb. On par with the mi 10 t lite but better value and bigger battery

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just pulled trigger on poco x3 nfc last night. Was on fence between two.
    199gbp on amazon for 128 gb. On par with the mi 10 t lite but better value and bigger battery

Only thing is the lack of 5g support on the poco, otherwise I'd jump on it. It's just my dad is the kinda guy who'll make a phone last 5/6 years so it'd be no harm to have 5g for him I'm thinking when then price difference is so small to get 5g yano

I ended up getting the mi10t
    My reasoning was that I was going for the 128gb version of one of them since I have a 64gb phone ATM and it's getting full.
    Ill keep this phone now for 4 or 5 years, so the tiny bit faster ram (the Snapdragon 750G in the mi10t allows for faster speeds) will in theory keep it able to run any bloat they add to apps in the future.
    The battery difference had me a bit worried but it's not a huge difference, and the 750G is also supposed to be more battery efficient so might not matter.
    5g, sure why not? Doubt I'll use it but I can in 3 years if I do.

That was worth the 30 {it was 10} or so pounds to me. Might help?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11301833031
    5 Pounds for putting 80 Pounds in your account, if you're eligible.
    It took hours to go from pending to applied, but the free fiver was in at the same time for me.
    ~tesco slogan~

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Only thing is the lack of 5g support on the poco, otherwise I'd jump on it. It's just my dad is the kinda guy who'll make a phone last 5/6 years so it'd be no harm to have 5g for him I'm thinking when then price difference is so small to get 5g yano

I hear ya. Both great phones and sure the way I see it, 5/6 years ago would've thought nothing of paying few hundred for a flagship AND have to sign up to 50e bill for 18/24 months. Crazy.

I'm on gomo so can't see them giving the 10e a month gang 5g.

BKWDR wrote: »
    I hear ya. Both great phones and sure the way I see it, 5/6 years ago would've thought nothing of paying few hundred for a flagship AND have to sign up to 50e bill for 18/24 months. Crazy.

I'm on gomo so can't see them giving the 10e a month gang 5g.

Ya three here so some chance of 5G. Ordered the mi 10t lite there for 230 pound and a few screen protectors as well so we'll see how we go

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

So with deals on at the mo I'm looking at replacing my Redmi note 4 which I've had since 2017. Its been great, no real issues since I bought it despite plenty of neglectful care by its owner. recently dropped out of my pocket and got caught in the car door as I was closing it, despite the phone being a bit bent, its still working fine which is Nokia 3310 levels of robustness for a smart phone.

Anyway the durability of this phone has earned Xiaomi some loyalty from me so I'm gonna go with them again i think. Looking at the mo it seems to be between a a 128gb Note 9 Pro at 200 sterling or a 128gb Mi Lite 10 at 230 sterling on amazon. Is the main difference for the more expensive option, the better camera and 5G capability? Not sure theyre deal breakers for me. Weirdly the lack of an LED notification may be (I think 9 pro does and 10 lite doesn't?) Anyone else have any pros or cons between the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

best site to buy off folks.honorbuy seem sold out on alot of phones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

best site to buy off folks.honorbuy seem sold out on alot of phones

Have a look on Amazon - hagglezon will compare the different country prices.
    What phone you looking for ?

GBX wrote: »
    Have a look on Amazon - hagglezon will compare the different country prices.
    What phone you looking for ?

Redmi Note 9 Global Version x2

Redmi Note 9 Global Version x2

Vodafone doing it - https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-9.html?gallery=payg

€100 if you switch. Get 2 Eir sim cards and port them.

GBX wrote: »
    Vodafone doing it - https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-9.html?gallery=payg

€100 if you switch. Get 2 Eir sim cards and port them.

nah sticking with 3.thanks tho

• Advertisement

nah sticking with 3.thanks tho

So am I. Get sims free from Eir. Use them numbers to port, phones will be unlocked and you can throw the Three sim in and bin the Eir sim.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058031922&page=76

amazon is cheaper for it so will look there thanks

So where is best site to buy a phone from these days that takes about 5-7 days delivery.

• So where is best site to buy a phone from these days that takes about 5-7 days delivery.

Probably Amazon.co.uk

I got my Mi 10T Lite 5G today. Is nice.

What kind of adware, spyware and bloat does it come with?
    And how to remove them?

Cheers any recommendations for a good phone around €200 margin.

• /\/ollog wrote: »

And how to remove them?

This tool should do the job

https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

/\/ollog wrote: »

And how to remove them?
    I was looking at this on Amazon Mi 10t LITE (£229) for my young fella for Xmas. Whats the craic with Alexa built into it, is it a gimmick or what. Seems very cheap for a decent enough phone, any thoughts or other recommendations welcome before I purchase.....:D
    I also see the Mi 10 lite on Honorbuy but it's more expensive than the Mi 10T lite on Amazon, is there much difference between these 2 phones?

Paulmc. wrote: »
    I was looking at this on Amazon Mi 10t LITE (£229) for my young fella for Xmas. Whats the craic with Alexa built into it, is it a gimmick or what. Seems very cheap for a decent enough phone, any thoughts or other recommendations welcome before I purchase.....:D
    I also see the Mi 10 lite on Honorbuy but it's more expensive than the Mi 10T lite on Amazon, is there much difference between these 2 phones?
    If you install Alexa it asks you if you want to set it as default and stuff. Just lets you use either assistant, one of your choosing, not sure why the hubbabulub on the item listing.

Google works with my screen off so I just use that for turning off plugs :pac:

The phone itself is pretty nice.
    I'm coming from a Mi A1 and there's some nice mui features Im liking, and the fast charge is fast. 19% to 91% last night while i poured water into a jug and the coffee machine.

My only problem so far is that Dark mode on every app has some bad looking spots or confused colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My Xiaomi mi 10 is showing an available update for download. It says it's for mi pilot testers and that the download might take longer and the phone may overheat etc. Anyone ever see this before? Should I ignore it? I never signed up to be a tester etc

Advertisement