Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VOIP on built in "Phone" app

• 24-11-2020 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a OnePlus 7T Pro on Oxygen OS 10.0.12HD01BA and use the built in "Phone" app to make both mobile network and VOIP calls. I tried other softphone apps for VOIP but none have the quality of the default app.

What really annoys me about the Phone app is how there isn't a way to selectively choose to make an outbound call via VOIP rather than the default mobile network mode. If you have VOIP enabled then every single time you go to dial a number, including speed dials, a pop up asks whether you want the call to be made via the mobile network or VOIP.

Is anyone aware of a toggle or widget for turning VOIP on/off within the default Phone app or for setting mobile network as the default if the pop up isn't responded to within X seconds?

About 10% of my outbound calls are VOIP so having the extra step of choosing between mobile network and VOIP on every single outbound call is really annoying me.

Advertisement