Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POCO X3 NFC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Stereosound have you had any issues with the phone overheating at all?

I've seen a few mentions online about that, and as I'm STILL WAITING for the phone I do have a chance to buy something else but I do really want it!

Thanks

Edit: Just seen that my phone has actually been handed over to the courier in the Netherlands.
    I may actually get it......I can hardly believe it.......

With the screen on 120hz and doing some intensive tasks I did notice the phone heating up and throttling. I have always kept it on 60hz since then without any such issues. Maybe this has been fixed on recent system updates I don't know. I always keep 120hz off as I think it's not necessary and maybe abit gimmick. Supposedly it effects battery life to.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

So finally got the phone 3 weeks (!!!) after having ordered it (from EGlobal Central) and boy it is fantastic on first look and set up was really easy.
    Screen is really big but it doesn't feel too big and is lovely to use.

I have removed all the ads from it and unticked every box which says "send recommendations" it's well worth doing this but as far as I know when you install any new app it shows you an ad halfway through......

BUT it is an amazing bit of kit for €240 - I got the 128gb version.

Have reduced the screen refresh rate to 60hz to save battery life and stop any potential overheating.

Soo all in all very pleased with phone - will never order from E Global again - too long and stressful wondering if it will ever arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Is anyone having problems with missing calls, started using the dual SIM function last week, SIM 1 for data and SIM 2 for calls but people have been telling me they were ringing me and either getting my message minder or a dialing tone but I'm not hearing it?
    Very strange.
    Had to put my SIM for calls back on to my other phone.

ooter wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems with missing calls, started using the dual SIM function last week, SIM 1 for data and SIM 2 for calls but people have been telling me they were ringing me and either getting my message minder or a dialing tone but I'm not hearing it?
    Very strange.
    Had to put my SIM for calls back on to my other phone.

No issues but I'm only using one SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

My Google pay was working this morning then later when I went to pay a notification came up to say Google Pay wasnt supported. I left it and paid with my bank card.
    Did a reboot and tried it again a while ago and it got the tick mark on the screen to say accepted but the terminal said 'No!' Checked my revolut acc there and then and plenty in it.
    Whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Wombatman wrote: »

Pulled the trigger on this on Friday morning and its arriving today.

I actually bought one as a gift two / three weeks ago for 208!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

BKWDR wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on this on Friday morning and its arriving today.

I actually bought one as a gift two / three weeks ago for 208!

I just pulled the trigger on it now. Apparently it will be here on Wednesday. I'll be over the moon if that's the case.
    I saw it at the lower price a few weeks ago, so thought that maybe it would drop slightly on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Bought the Poco X3 a few weeks ago, but it doesn't/won't connect to my smartwatch.
    The smartwatch is a Honor Magic and I've downloaded the Huawei Health App but the app doesn't recognise the watch.
    The watch still works through the my old phone Mi A2 lite and connects to the Huawei health app on it, I'm thinking the issue is with the Poco.

Any ideas anyone??

BTW the Poco is a great phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

good one wrote: »
    Bought the Poco X3 a few weeks ago, but it doesn't/won't connect to my smartwatch.
    The smartwatch is a Honor Magic and I've downloaded the Huawei Health App but the app doesn't recognise the watch.
    The watch still works through the my old phone Mi A2 lite and connects to the Huawei health app on it, I'm thinking the issue is with the Poco.

Any ideas anyone??

BTW the Poco is a great phone...

I had similar issues with my Poco X3 and my Garmin Vivoactive 4....i eventually fixed it, it was some settings in the notification settings (smart notifications) and settings buried in the Garmin Connect App.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

budhabob wrote: »
    I had similar issues with my Poco X3 and my Garmin Vivoactive 4....i eventually fixed it, it was some settings in the notification settings (smart notifications) and settings buried in the Garmin Connect App.

Vivoactive 3... Same. It told me I had to reallow permissions. Went into the settings it directed me to and it was already ticked. So I just unchecked and checked again. Works grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Thanks .
    Went into notification's and allowed permissions, also cleared cache and reset watch and got connected.
    Thought I had already done this.....
    Not sure which action worked or it was a combination of actions

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

I am having issues with my Galaxy Smartwatch too. Have to go into the Wear app every day to reconnect to phone and even then I don't always get message notifications. Very frustrating.

Aside from that I am happy with the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else had issues sharing your screen on chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Any feedback from those that bought this phone on the following:
    -Casting Audio
    -Smarts Home Connection - Heating Controls etc
    Android Auto

??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

What are people's opinions of this? I'm deciding between the POCO X3 and the Mi 10T Lite which is a bit more expensive but i'm not sure it's worth it...

Any feedback from those that bought this phone on the following:
    -Casting Audio
    -Smarts Home Connection - Heating Controls etc
    Android Auto

??

No problems at all I'm using a smart heating control app (Netamo) which just copied over from my previous phone.
    I cast from YouTube to our TV regularly and no issues.
    I don't know what Android Auto is, sorry!

• Advertisement

N.96 wrote: »
    What are people's opinions of this? I'm deciding between the POCO X3 and the Mi 10T Lite which is a bit more expensive but i'm not sure it's worth it...

it depends on what you're using it for I guess.
    I'm really happy with this POCO X3 phone it's super intuitive and has options for almost everything I can think of.
    Camera is superb - so many options to choose from
    Audio is amazing - I'm in a choir and so regularly play music from Dropbox and even those MP3 files sound good!
    The speakers on the phone are great one at either end of the phone makes the sound almost a stereo experience.
    I don't game at all so can't speak about that but I do keep the recycle rate at 60 rather than 120 to preserve battery.

Battery is the HIGHLIGHT! I'm not a heavy user (email, whatsapp, music) so easily get 1.5 to 2 days out of one charge.

Really enjoying it. Plus the bigger screen is great although if you're scrolling for a long time it can feel heavy after an hour cos it's bigger.
    I have found no downsides yet after almost a month of using.

One thing if you're looking for a flip/wallet style case for it these are almost impossible to get in real leather. I'm probably only talking to 2 people, but anyway just thought I'd let yez know!

No problems at all I'm using a smart heating control app (Netamo) which just copied over from my previous phone.
    I cast from YouTube to our TV regularly and no issues.
    I don't know what Android Auto is, sorry!

Sounds promising..... Thanks for your update.

Thank you!
    it depends on what you're using it for I guess.
    I'm really happy with this POCO X3 phone it's super intuitive and has options for almost everything I can think of.
    Camera is superb - so many options to choose from
    Audio is amazing - I'm in a choir and so regularly play music from Dropbox and even those MP3 files sound good!
    The speakers on the phone are great one at either end of the phone makes the sound almost a stereo experience.
    I don't game at all so can't speak about that but I do keep the recycle rate at 60 rather than 120 to preserve battery.

Battery is the HIGHLIGHT! I'm not a heavy user (email, whatsapp, music) so easily get 1.5 to 2 days out of one charge.

Really enjoying it. Plus the bigger screen is great although if you're scrolling for a long time it can feel heavy after an hour cos it's bigger.
    I have found no downsides yet after almost a month of using.

One thing if you're looking for a flip/wallet style case for it these are almost impossible to get in real leather. I'm probably only talking to 2 people, but anyway just thought I'd let yez know!

N.96 wrote: »

In the same position... And having looked at reviews people seem to think the camera on POCO is better than the 10T so I'm swaying towards the POCO at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

This is available for 189 pounds sterling for the 6/128 version on the mi.co.uk site but you can't seem to input an Irish address. Is it exclusive to UK customers does anyone know?

Yes but I believe Parcel Motel would do the trick, i've decided to go with the Poco and am just ordering using Parcel Motel!

Also just a note if you are ordering you should add in a charging cable or something cheap to bring it over the 200 GBP mark and then you get 20 GBP off (rather than the 10 GBP you get without).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

Any issues with 4g? Want to pull the trigger on the POCO X3, but wanna make sure it'll work with 4g on GOMO.
    Been searching around, but can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭wilser

glenq wrote: »
    Any issues with 4g? Want to pull the trigger on the POCO X3, but wanna make sure it'll work with 4g on GOMO.
    Been searching around, but can't find anything.

I'm with eir and 4g works perfect. I think gomo piggy back/use the eir network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

wilser wrote: »
    I'm with eir and 4g works perfect. I think gomo piggy back/use the eir network

Yeah, same network AFAIK. Thanks!

Advertisement