Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S20 Plus Battery Life

Options
  • 18-11-2020 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Bought a brand new s20 + last week, coming from a p30 pro. Was just wondering what battery life people are getting or should I be getting? The 30 Pro I would get probably over a day and a half.

On the Samsung I'm definitely losing about 10% battery an hour. Would definitely have to charge at night time. Screen brightness is turned down, I even have it on dark mode and most I'm doing would be light Facebook use and some messaging, no games/ videos etc.

Was I just spoiled with p30 pro or is there something up?

Comments

The screen on time of the P30 Pro is about twice that of the S20+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Hi folks,
    Bought a brand new s20 + last week, coming from a p30 pro. Was just wondering what battery life people are getting or should I be getting? The 30 Pro I would get probably over a day and a half.

On the Samsung I'm definitely losing about 10% battery an hour. Would definitely have to charge at night time. Screen brightness is turned down, I even have it on dark mode and most I'm doing would be light Facebook use and some messaging, no games/ videos etc.

Was I just spoiled with p30 pro or is there something up?

I came from a Mate 20 Pro to an S20 Plus and find a similar downgrade in battery life. The battery management definitely isn't as agressive with Samsung phones as it is in Huawei. It probably hasn't turned off some of your background apps the way Huawei would and if your screen is set to 120mhz it'll chew the battery up. Having said that it will settle after a while. I think it learns your habits. It also suggests a power saving mode at nighttime at some point.

Advertisement