Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zenfone 6 - 855 cpu, 5000mah battery, $499

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Is that the one with Sept 1 security patch, showed up for me late last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

opus wrote: »
    Is that the one with Sept 1 security patch, showed up for me late last week.

Yep, that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

How is the Zenfone 6?

I've very happy with it, just a tiny bit bigger than the Zenfone 5 I has previously. Should be seeing Android 10 on it before the end of the year.

Have to say I'm very happy with it. Battery life is really good. No stuttering in daily use. As cool as the full megapixel selfie cam sounds, the actual camera itself is 'good' probably not the best out there but most of the time it's fine. I suppose the HDR plus could process a little quicker but I've absolutely no complaints anywhere else in the phone. It sounds amazing with a built-in headphone jack! It's also well up there for driving good quality cans.
    Like how it's very 'stock' looking but has loads of extras.
    If could change one thing I would be that it was plastic on the back and not glass, it's nice to look at but fingerprints are shocking...

Suppose heres a good 3 month review:

• Advertisement

Another update pushed out today.

And now this!

494365.jpg

And now this!

494365.jpg

Did you have to do anything to get that pushed?
    Not showing up here.

god's toy wrote: »
    Did you have to do anything to get that pushed?
    Not showing up here.

Maybe depends where it came from as they normally roll out in batches, my one was bought in Germany. There's a link to download it in the article below.

Android 10 is rolling out to the ASUS Zenfone 6

Thanks. Gonna VPN into there and see if it works like the old one plus of old.

• Advertisement

How're you finding Android 10? Only small things for me, Smart Lock doesn't seem to keep the phone unlocked when I'm at home any more & a few apps haven't been updated for 10 so don't work.

How're you finding Android 10? Only small things for me, Smart Lock doesn't seem to keep the phone unlocked when I'm at home any more & a few apps haven't been updated for 10 so don't work.

Yea now that you say it, all my smart lock places are not working and the Bluetooth auto load are out too (car starts up, maps loads on connection)

It was giving me warnings about my pebble watch app not working but a day after it came back to life on its own.

Have to keep an eye out for more bugs.

Big enough looking update just came through, from reading online looks like it might help with support for the Google camera.

498053.jpg

Have the ZF 6 around 9 months now & very happy with it. Asus seem to be keeping it up to date as the May security update came through a few days back & expect it to get at least Android 11 with a sporting chance of 12. Support for the Google Phone app appeared recently & the GCAM app continues to improve.

No complaints really, can't see myself wanting to change it for anything for another year or two.

Have the ZF 6 around 9 months now & very happy with it. Asus seem to be keeping it up to date as the May security update came through a few days back & expect it to get at least Android 11 with a sporting chance of 12. Support for the Google Phone app appeared recently & the GCAM app continues to improve.

No complaints really, can't see myself wanting to change it for anything for another year or two.

Yea got the last update fine but after a few days it boot looped for about 45mins with just the Asus logo then restarted and was wiped clean. All good now after I reloaded everything... That was it's first ever glitch too.

Like yourself, I am very happy with this underrated device.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

god's toy wrote: »
    Yea got the last update fine but after a few days it boot looped for about 45mins with just the Asus logo then restarted and was wiped clean. All good now after I reloaded everything... That was it's first ever glitch too.

Like yourself, I am very happy with this underrated device.

Hey guys. Just wondering if ye know where I could pick this up at a good price?

I got it via the online Asus site in Germany but not available at the moment. The ZF 7 is rumoured to be launching any day now so you might get deals if it's available anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Thanks opus - much appreciated.

Zenfone 7 is launching on Aug 26th. Will be interested to see it but the ZF 6 does everything I need so probably won't be changing.

ASUS ZenFone 7 series launch set for August 26

Tempted but as I've only got one phone think I'll wait for the stable release.

Asus begins Android 11 beta recruitment for Zenfone 6 users

• Advertisement

Zenfone 7 is launching on Aug 26th. Will be interested to see it but the ZF 6 does everything I need so probably won't be changing.

ASUS ZenFone 7 series launch set for August 26

So many are going to be pissed over the 60Hz LCD screen. Not me tho, 60Hz is fine as its not like the phone is choppy or lags.. but would still like the option, and am happy about LCD as to many AMOLED screens have burned on me over the years but I know not many agree.

The new version is AMOLED for both the normal & pro models.

The Asus Zenfone 7 comes with a 3-lense flip camera and a 5,000mAh battery

Can't really comment on the screen but looks like a solid upgrade to me. Too bad looks like there will be a price bump as well though.

and no headphone jack... that's me probably out

The beta release of Android 11 for the ZF 6 has arrived for people who signed up for the program (not me!).

asus_zenfone_6_android_11_beta.jpg

ASUS ZenFone 6 receives its first Android 11 beta update

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I got it via the online Asus site in Germany but not available at the moment. The ZF 7 is rumoured to be launching any day now so you might get deals if it's available anywhere.

Was thinking of buying the ZF7 Pro, its on did.ie but is 899, whereas it is 799 on asus german store, how did you get it to Ireland, i tried both German and French stores and neither ship out of their country.

I go to Germany a lot (or rather I used to pre-CV19) so just had it delivered to a friend's place. It was mentioned somewhere that it would be for sale in Ireland so maybe ASUS will sell it here themselves? The ZF6 was €529 I think for the 128Gb version last year.

Seems Asus have opened the beta of Android 11 to anyone who wants to install it going by this post on XDA.

https%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D5132355%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1604919253

Looks like Android 11 might well show up on the ZF6 before the end of the year going by this. I think it was sometime in Jan last year when it got 10.

ASUS starts rolling out the Android 11 update to the ZenFone 6 in Taiwan

Probably the last major Android update it will get.

My handset just got OTA android 11.
    After a few hours use, I'm very impressed with the extra battery life and faster performance I'm seeing/feeling

• Advertisement

See the Zenfone 8 is launching later on today. Much as I like my new gadgets I can't really come up with a reason to shift from the ZF6.

Advertisement