Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's if the cash ever makes it to the bank. I live in a town I once heard a Garda sergeant refer to as 'the wild ****ing west'... ...at about 4am in a lock in...

Lots of local businesses have been slow to move to digital transactions. Cash and 'no need for a receipt' are way more common.

Well, if you can't pre-select a different fill mode, you could always give a refund. For example if you were paying by card and selected €50, your card would be pre-authorised before you start filling, but if you only use €45.31, that's what you would be charged. If paying with cash in a shop it's a little more complicated but not impossible. And how often do you need to fill a car anyway?
    I had to work to overcome an aversion to filling my tank. I don't know what it was, because objectively, it didn't make sense to be doing multiple trips to the garage, and in the end it's not like I was saving money putting in thirty quid here or forty there. I figure it must have been a throwback to when I was paid weekly (and weakly!). So even though now I'm paid well, I still have to force myself to fill it up:D

Antares35 wrote: »
    I had to work to overcome an aversion to filling my tank. I don't know what it was, because objectively, it didn't make sense to be doing multiple trips to the garage, and in the end it's not like I was saving money putting in thirty quid here or forty there. I figure it must have been a throwback to when I was paid weekly (and weakly!). So even though now I'm paid well, I still have to force myself to fill it up:D

That was a pragmatic aversion. The more juice, the more weight, and the more juice burned to haul that extra weight; or so they say.

TA at the paranoia involved in filling the tank - those AA roadwatchers, and the like saying even a mobile phone or summit could potentially be a hazard at the pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh and "price on application" usually for big feck off houses for sale. Do they think they're something special, like they can't tell all the riff raff what price it is, only the elite few can know.

If you need to ask the price, you can't afford this type thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Antares35 wrote:
    Oh and "price on application" usually for big feck off houses for sale. Do they think they're something special, like they can't tell all the riff raff what price it is, only the elite few can know.

I've seen this with houses in s***hole areas also.

I've seen this with houses in s***hole areas also.

What's the deal with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Antares35 wrote:
    What's the deal with it?

Can't post links but wiki has an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA at "Posts Zero"

I just can't fathom it, are they tech whizzeses or something? One who comes to mind posts in the "lyrics" thread in AH.

Can't think of their name, but they've posted several times, and the last time I saw a post of theirs the post count under their name was zero, or more likely 0, if I remember correctly.

A T annoying headscratcher :confused:

There is a few forums that don't add to your post count when you post there.

Puzzles & Quizzes is one of them I believe.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    There is a few forums that don't add to your post count when you post there.

Puzzles & Quizzes is one of them I believe.

Thanks Ted :)

I thought it was only Personal forums, relationship issues, and the like that weren't included in the tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When they forget the garlic dip, unbelievable!

When they forget the garlic dip, unbelievable!

Inconceivable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I thought it was only Personal forums, relationship issues, and the like that weren't included in the tally.

It’s a scam, l. They’re running a cozy little “cartel” over there in ‘Puzzles & Quizzes’.

Hoovering up all your “unclaimed” posts and passing them off as their own. Scandalous carry on.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

...and perhaps Cuckoos Nest too (not sure anymore though)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    ...and perhaps Cuckoos Nest too (not sure anymore though)

or maybe it was flirtar ....ah I dunno, ta that I cant remember anymore.

TA at 'Goodfellas' "Takeaway" pizzas. Don't know when it happened, but they no longer have the little tub of
    microwaveable sauce in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

There’s a bird who every day without fail ****s all over the door and mirror on my car . I think it’s a pied wagtail from google images. Seemingly what it does , according to the wee fella is alight on my door and mistaking his reflection in the mirror for another bird stays there and shytes all over it .
    My own fault for putt the feeder there I suppose !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

cj maxx wrote: »
    There’s a bird who every day without fail ****s all over the door and mirror on my car . I think it’s a pied wagtail from google images. Seemingly what it does , according to the wee fella is alight on my door and mistaking his reflection in the mirror for another bird stays there and shytes all over it .

Ta nothing a cat won't fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Caught and rehomed one mouse which is a TH, my TA is his co-hort has caught wise to the traps. That scrambling noise on tile gives me the creepies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Same thing happens to me. Can little fecker checking himself out in the mirror.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I’m away for a couple of days and I miss my dog - his sitter is fostering a girl Rottweiler so I doubt he’s missing me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Guess what...noisy neighbours again. I think what really irritates me is how their voices get louder and louder as they start talking over each other....it's such a horrible and ignorant trait to do that anywhere...let alone at night with neighbours trying to sleep. It really bothers me when people talk over each other like that. What's the point? Do they just love the sound of their own voices? Because it isn't a conversation.

God, I even hate the way the man yawns. It's SO loud and obnoxious. 'YAH-YAH-YAH'. What is the need to draw attention to yourself at all times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Guess what...noisy neighbours again. I think what really irritates me is how their voices get louder and louder as they start talking over each other....it's such a horrible and ignorant trait to do that anywhere...let alone at night with neighbours trying to sleep. It really bothers me when people talk over each other like that. What's the point? Do they just love the sound of their own voices? Because it isn't a conversation.

God, I even hate the way the man yawns. It's SO loud and obnoxious. 'YAH-YAH-YAH'. What is the need to draw attention to yourself at all times?

Why don't you just join in on their conversations?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have to complete my End of Year review assessment of myself... Ugh... I fekin hate these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm ready to kill my neighbours. They are incredibly selfish. Lack of sleep can really do crazy things to you.

TA selfish fck off neighbours.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Same thing happens to me. Can little fecker checking himself out in the mirror.

For such a small bird there is an odjus amount of shyte. I’m going to cover the wing mirror at night :(

I feel for you, lainey - I have an inconsiderate, loud neighbour, whose cackling laugh is abrasive. :mad:

OH making it subtley clear that I need to lose the baby weight. But he's so nice (and subtle!) about it I cant say anything! He's left a bowel of grapes on my beside locker ffs. Last night he asked if I'd like "a nice big glass of water with ice" and I said, "no, but since you're going to the kitchen I'll have a large Chardonnay". Dinner - "I made you some nice steamed tenderstem broccoli". Ah f*ck off now, I birthed your child, will you pass the nachos and cheese please.

Caught and rehomed one mouse which is a TH, my TA is his co-hort has caught wise to the traps. That scrambling noise on tile gives me the creepies.

Where does one rehome a mouse ?

The ad for nationwide building society.

I was wondering this too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Visit a friends house and let the mouse free when they are not looking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement