Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S20 FE

• 01-10-2020 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

My work phone is an S10 and its time for an upgrade
    I was going to go S20 because I'm used to Samsung and like them
    However I see there's a new version out called S20 FE and its a couple of hundred euro cheaper
    Apart from the usual apps my phone is mainly used for phone calls and photo's
    Has anyone else ordered one of these yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

I just ordered one of these today. Three.ie have it now available on their website and I was eligible for an upgrade so went for it. I had to order over the phone to get the 5G version as they were only advertising the 4G one on the site (i think the 4G version doesn't use the snapdragon chipset).
    I was actually waiting to get the Google Pixel 5 but they've been out of stock all week and my patience got the better of me. On the plus side though the S20 FE does look seem to pack some nice features so don't feel to bad.

Hopefully will have the phone by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Hi Elwood.
    Just curious, does the S20 FE 4G have a dual sim slot? Or is it single sim only?

Still haven't gotten the phone and seems I won't get it now until November. But from what I've read it's a dual sim but only if you don't want to use a memory card as it will take up the same slot. Not sure how that's going to work.

Last mail received from Three. Get the feeling they sold me the phone when they shouldn't of as they don't have it in stock.

Thank you for your recent Order

We are in the process of re-stocking an item you requested and unfortunately this will result in a delay to your order.

The expected new delivery date for your order is 2020-11-09. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

At Three your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us so we will keep you updated via email in relation to the progress of your order.

If you have any further queries then do not hesitate to contact us at www.three.ie/web/contact-us

Regards
    Three Shop Team

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Does anyone know if I buy from Vodafone will the phone be locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

lenoude wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I buy from Vodafone will the phone be locked?

Its dual sim so it would have to be surely
    Try the Samsung website too as they are doing a decent trade in offer

This reviewer loves it

https://youtu.be/RbFaevZgfIQ

• Advertisement

Finally got the phone yesterday. Can confirm it's definitely a dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Anyone having any issues with the c-type to 3.5mm headphone jack not working?

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues with the c-type to 3.5mm headphone jack not working?

Yeah I've been having some trouble. The adaptor from my last Huawei phone won't work with it. Apparently the USB C adaptor standards are different across manufacturers so that's why some of them won't work.

I do have this USB C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter that allows me to charge my phone and listen to my earphones at the same time.
    But even with that I've found some issues. I can charge or listen to the earphones but not at the same time.
    The workaround I've found is that I need to plug out the earphones from the adaptor, plug in the adaptor into the phone, go to the USB settings, plug the earphones back in and switch the "USB Controlled by" option from This Device to Phone and then back to This Device to get it to work. My battery does seem to drain though using this adaptor even though I have the charge device option set to no. Didn't have that issue with my last phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I got the S20+ .... stupid impulse buy, and seems im stuck with it, can't bring it back, change of mind policy doesn't apply ... should have gotten it on amazon ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Anyone know how to get notifications to show on lock screen ?
    I get a message from whatsapp from teams, the phone just beeps and vibrates but lock screen shows nothing, I need to unlock and swipe to the apps to see .... very annoying..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

I got the S20+ .... stupid impulse buy, and seems im stuck with it, can't bring it back, change of mind policy doesn't apply ... should have gotten it on amazon ..

Flog it on Adverts.ie as the bloody prices haven’t dropped a cent in yonks for s20 plus or note 10 plus, looking at both for weeks on it and expected some reduction for Black Friday etc; nada

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Flog it on Adverts.ie as the bloody prices haven’t dropped a cent in yonks for s20 plus or note 10 plus, looking at both for weeks on it and expected some reduction for Black Friday etc; nada

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

How are users finding the battery life on the phone? Mine doesn't seem great for some reason

At the start I wasn't impressed with the battery either but I changed the battery to 'Medium power saving' and it seems to be better. I was told it takes a week or two for the battery optimization to take effect. Not sure how much I believe that but I am getting about a day and a half with out charging. I watch a lot of YouTube and listen to Spotify and play the odd game. I also switched to 60hz instead of 120.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Resurrecting this thread in hope of some feedback re s20 fe. Are people happy? Would it make more sense to get the s20 and pay the few hundred extra? Going from the s7 so i reckon the FE model will be a massive leap anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

seefin wrote: »
    Resurrecting this thread in hope of some feedback re s20 fe. Are people happy? Would it make more sense to get the s20 and pay the few hundred extra? Going from the s7 so i reckon the FE model will be a massive leap anyway

I'm very happy with it
    Ditto with 2 others that have it
    One came from an S9 and the other from a note
    Very fast
    I've the 5G version but got it from samsung direct with the trade in
    Battery life is exceptional IMO

Advertisement