Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any used the SAMSUNG Galaxy A7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Yes, a really decent phone. I recommend. Has everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Yes, a really decent phone. I recommend. Has everything you need.

Thanks can I ask how was speed? Does it lag much? My current phone lags and it drives me mad.
    Also how is storage and phone camera?

Thanks can I ask how was speed? Does it lag much? My current phone lags and it drives me mad.
    Also how is storage and phone camera?

Camera is absolutely brilliant.

No noticeable lag using the phone with 4gb ram and an Octa-core processor giving it a good punch.

Storage is 64gb or 128gb with optional expansion to 500gb with a memory card.

Check out some youtube reviews for a good look.

Thanks so much, thats great help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Micro USB, huge turn off.

Nothing wrong with Micro USB.
    This is the same charge port every android phone has used until very recently.
    I wouldn't follow the above advice if I was you OP unless your really into your tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What phone have you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nothing wrong with Micro USB.
    This is the same charge port every android phone has used until very recently.
    I wouldn't follow the above advice if I was you OP unless your really into your tech.

I never said there was, in my own view, I wouldn't buy a phone without USB C, it's a dealbreaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

got one about 6 weeks ago great phone no lag for anything I do. apparently the graphics chip isn't great if your gaming. extra wide angle camera is a bit of a gimmick.
    screen is fantastic.
    don't find micro usb an issue but never had a usb c phone.

• Advertisement

My phone is about 5 years old and was an old model when I bought it. Im not very techy, I just want a good quality phone that will last me a few years, has enough space for apps, photos and music a decent camera and takes an sd card and headphone slot. Im not bothered about gaming or USB C, I dont even know what that is.
    Thanks for the help, I might just go with this phone unless anyone can suggest anything better than it, within the same price range give or take a hundred or two.

My phone is about 5 years old and was an old model when I bought it. Im not very techy, I just want a good quality phone that will last me a few years, has enough space for apps, photos and music a decent camera and takes an sd card and headphone slot. Im not bothered about gaming or USB C, I dont even know what that is.
    Thanks for the help, I might just go with this phone unless anyone can suggest anything better than it, within the same price range give or take a hundred or two.

This phone wont set you wrong if your not picky over the likes of gaming and charge ports etc. I got my friend this phone a few weeks ago and he loves it.
    We started issuing these in work as business phones and people seem to love them. They are also a really nice looking phone IMO.
    USB-C is the new charger port which requires a USB-C charger so at the moment micro usb is probably still favourable in your case as most people have this charger in their house should you need to borrow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Personally I wouldn't let a micro usb put me off buying a good phone. If a phone has type-c then we'll and good it has advantages.

We've a mixture of micro and type-c in our house and all are fine.

Unless you're transferring a plethora of data via cable on a regular basis, or you are near sighted (to see cable) then there's not much advantage one over the other. 99% of the time I plug the charging cable in right first time...maybe somehow it's muscle memory. And charging via micro-usb is still very fast for Qualcomm QC 3 and 4.

My personal viewpoint anyhow.

Advertisement