Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Order - Closing Date 24th November

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Bring back the Velotec Pink jerseys and I'm all over it. Otherwise nah, the latest design is horrible looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It's a bit effeminate and YouTube-y IMO.

Time for a grown up design?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

By all means suggest something different but we need examples etc so it can be put to a vote? Also be aware of the pit falls of design by committee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

bingo. nice and simple. i like it too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm very happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

It's a thumbs up from me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Not bad. I think the collar might be better as 410.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ive decided to stop wearing black jerseys/jackets on the bike as much as i can so a no from me (i have loads of verge club kit anyway !)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

yeah seems fine to me..

410 or "Four ten" ??? am i slow today ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Its a bit too black and simple. Could the stripes on the sleeves be incorporated into the bottom of the jersey body and back too just to break up some of the black?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

devonp wrote: »
    yeah seems fine to me..

410 or "Four ten" ??? am i slow today ??
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410

godtabh wrote: »

That's a lot more elegant, simple, and neutral.

Thumbs up from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what are the origins of the colours, btw?

what are the origins of the colours, btw?

They are the colors of the verge designs we have done to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MojoMaker wrote: »
    That's a lot more elegant, simple, and neutral.

Thumbs up from me.
    Why on earth would you want it to be 'neutral'. Cycling shops are full of 'neutral' jerseys if that what you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

statto25 wrote: »
    Its a bit too black and simple. Could the stripes on the sleeves be incorporated into the bottom of the jersey body and back too just to break up some of the black?
    Agree with this. It's too plain. A bit more colour on the front or even shoulders would break it up a bit.

Why on earth would you want it to be 'neutral'. Cycling shops are full of 'neutral' jerseys if that what you prefer.

It's a bit more gender neutral, suitable for all. Maybe balanced is a better word.

Is there an alternative?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Don't like it either personally. Plain black jerseys with minimal trim are available from everyone.

Like, it's nice and neat, but the last design was fairly minimal too. Would prefer a splash of colour again.

Personally I'd be 38132 SS Jersey or 38006. Combination of past colours with a little less black.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Weepsie wrote: »
    Don't like it either personally. Plain black jerseys with minimal trim are available from everyone.

Like, it's nice and neat, but the last design was fairly minimal too. Would prefer a splash of colour again.

Personally I'd be 38132 SS Jersey or 38006. Combination of past colours with a little less black.
    38132 is very nice. I quite like the body design of ART38001 style but with grey or black shoulders/arms

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'd prefer 38132 too, tbh. Black main body with the boards colours as the stripes?

I actually don't have too many plain jerseys (retro pro jerseys are my goto when not in club gear) and would still be in, but I wouldn't think that 38215 design as above would increase the number of jerseys spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Prefer the black. Less is more.

I’ll ask John to look at the other codes mentioned and then put it to the vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

godtabh wrote: »
    I’ll ask John to look at the other codes mentioned and then put it to the vote?
    Sounds like a good plan, but just remember, if it's 52-48, it'll be far from over!

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan, but just remember, if it's 52-48, it'll be far from over!

This isnt a democracy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Macy0161 wrote: »

Would be for me, I'd never get up the hill in that! 50-34 all the way :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Get Daragh_ in for some design consultancy - the pink jersey is still the best ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

sopranos.png

Advertisement