Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

eeeee wrote: »
    What the wha?
    What is this now? How do you see if it's been working for you?
    I have everything unsynched and GPS off,

Maps -> timeline

Unlikely to have anything if your settings are as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Idleater wrote: »
    Maps -> timeline

Or https://www.google.ie/maps/timeline

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Idleater wrote: »
    Maps -> timeline

Checked, and nothing there.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

eeeee wrote: »
    Checked, and nothing there.

Phew!

What are you hiding? :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Nothing in mine in about 2 years too. I disabled it some time ago and cleared it.

• Advertisement

I used to be really careful about this stuff then I got fed up, if Google want to know I've been to the Rolling Donut 4 times this week they're welcome to that info

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The fact that he obviously sent it straight away by the time stamp on AlanBs Cycliq and that he overshoots the turn (only slightly) because he is clearly still tweeting. Glorious is right

Ha stung rapid, look at the time stamp of the video and then the time of the taxi drivers tweet :D

Alan had a series of videos featured on stickybottle the other day

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/dublin-cyclist-video-drivers-overtaking/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anybody who goes on the N11 between foxrock church to whitecross will see the ludicrous amounts of cars in the bus lane these days. They used to have gardai just before whites cross pulling them in.

They can be as far back as here https://goo.gl/maps/YBDzimdBedFNBpz8A

Today an ambulance went by, then a several minutes later a second tried so people would have been aware of the previous one yet were still pulling into the bus lane! I could hear the sirens getting louder and louder and still the scumbags were pulling in.

I got off the cycletrack as I knew some might mount it. Total sh!tshow, the ambulance must have had 30 cars in front of it and was beeping like crazy, cars & vans all mounting the kerb all arseways all over the road.

Will be interesting to see if gardai are on duty tomorrow or later today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

CramCycle wrote: »
    The fact that he obviously sent it straight away by the time stamp on AlanBs Cycliq and that he overshoots the turn (only slightly) because he is clearly still tweeting. Glorious is right

I think TaxiMatt is correct in what he is saying...
    Now if only there was somewhere safe for this cyclist to cycle
    TaxiMatt is making the obvious point that he is making the road more dangerous for the cyclist in his pisspoor driving (his use of the phone presumably explains why he can't steer for crap) and that cyclists are entitled to cycle on safe roads!

rubadub wrote: »
    Anybody who goes on the N11 between foxrock church to whitecross will see the ludicrous amounts of cars in the bus lane these days. They used to have gardai just before whites cross pulling them in.

They can be as far back as here https://goo.gl/maps/YBDzimdBedFNBpz8A

Today an ambulance went by, then a several minutes later a second tried so people would have been aware of the previous one yet were still pulling into the bus lane! I could hear the sirens getting louder and louder and still the scumbags were pulling in.

I got off the cycletrack as I knew some might mount it. Total sh!tshow, the ambulance must have had 30 cars in front of it and was beeping like crazy, cars & vans all mounting the kerb all arseways all over the road.

Will be interesting to see if gardai are on duty tomorrow or later today.

Twice a year they do a check on it, and occasionally have a roving car or bike, who often ignore clear infractions. If they accepted camera footage, I'd have 60 cars a day for fines on a typical commute. I'd say shooting fish in a barrel but the fish knew what they were getting into, the only issue is the gardai don't want to shoot the fish.

The other day a 145 driver lost it and when his light went green just moved off. He was in the wrong and he had to break to let the 4 other cars finish crossing who entered the junction on red. He laid on the horn, he was wrong but his point was well made. That road is a mess in regards enforcement from town as far as Loughlinstown, ie all of it.

They need to bring back traffic wardens if the Gardai aren't going to enforce these things.

My water bottle is an abomination today. No exaggeration I reckon I've lost €100 of water bottles this year. Usually left in the gym

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've found the best thing to clean my hands after getting them dirty and greasy washing the bike, is baby oil.
    got me thinking - should i just wash the bike with baby oil instead? might be good for the leather saddle too...

Saw this in the funny gifs thread...
    0146_622a.gif

Catching up on the CX on Eurosport.... yeah need not have bothered ffs he went from the back to the front with in the first lap and stayed there for 8 laps. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

car drivers getting stopped by motorbike cop this morning in the bus lane by Glasnevin Cemetery.

De Bhál wrote: »
    car drivers getting stopped by motorbike cop this morning in the bus lane by Glasnevin Cemetery.
    Saw one waiting for bus lane motorists on the N4 outside Woodies.

Apologies to the Boardsie I cut off this morning on the N11 (fixed gear at Fosters Avenue), I made a bad judgement call, probably wasn't too close but I still crossed in front so apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

Saw one waiting for bus lane motorists on the N4 outside Woodies.

also last friday, :)

use this a couple of times a week on the commute and its always the private motorists making a dash who get irrate with bicycles on the small section btw newcastle junction and woodies

• Advertisement

devonp wrote: »
    also last friday, :)

use this a couple of times a week on the commute and its always the private motorists making a dash who get irrate with bicycles on the small section btw newcastle junction and woodies

yep, it's almost never the taxi's or buses that I find are the problem but the private car driver that knows they're breaking the law by being in the bus lane so put the foot down to try and get past this situation as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Won't get any attention with so many motorists losing their minds over extra penalties if found to be 30km/hr over the speed the limit...

I was in Howth yesterday for the first time in weeks and going over the head I way less close passes than I'm used to, was I just lucky or are people taking heed of the 1.5m rule?

I was in Howth yesterday for the first time in weeks and going over the head I way less close passes than I'm used to, was I just lucky or are people taking heed of the 1.5m rule?

Just lucky, the 1.5m rule that never came in got more air time, most people I know hadn't even heard about it. I also don't think it makes a difference generally, they were breaking the rules before, this won't change anything without enforcement.

another wet evening

Just lucky, the 1.5m rule that never came in got more air time, most people I know hadn't even heard about it. I also don't think it makes a difference generally, they were breaking the rules before, this won't change anything without enforcement.
    Up over howth today, only issue was a woman pulling out from a school pickup without centering her mirrors. Seemed both surprised and annoyed when I brought her attention to her not looking by doing a comedy mime of someone trying to find something with imaginary binoculars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Some of the very recently pedestrialised streets in Dublin 2 are an absolute joy to cycle and walk around this morning.

I wonder is anyone doing an air quality check on the streets in Dublin that have been blocked off. I remember reading that certain cities see a huge jump in air quality when they have marathons running.

• Advertisement

I wonder is anyone doing an air quality check on the streets in Dublin that have been blocked off. I remember reading that certain cities see a huge jump in air quality when they have marathons running.

I just walked through the tractors, a lot of them are running but there is only about 25 of them

Advertisement