Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Applegreen - Friday 24th €2.47

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

fletch wrote: »
    Why? There are 193 Applegreen stations in Ireland...what's so special about Ballinteer?

Would have been closest one to me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Any of the Mayo outlets have the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It should have been in all today

How bad it was in the random ones they chose, it would have been ten times worse if they had have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Wheety wrote: »
    There has to be another way of doing it. Maybe select a number of random people through the app and give them the offer with a week to use it.

For those of a certain age, 5 Star supermarkets gave green shield stamps. Mondays and Tuesdays you got double stamps, but on Wednesday they gave ten customers, ten times the stamps.
    It was done by a bell ringing sporadically on the different tills. Always left a great feeling if you got it and it attracted customers.

AG missed an opportunity - I'd have gone for 24 customers randomly selected at every station would pay €2.47 for whatever fuel they had put into the car and a display showing how many were left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Traffic mayhem in Galway today because of this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

I didn’t get petrol in the end, Swords was mayhem. I’m sure someone in AG expected some traffic chaos. No problem with randomly picking locations but some of them were always going to be traffic nightmares (Swords Main St, Inchicore etc).

However I got car washes, lunch, keep cups, and Stocked up on drinks and chocolate for 20 quid that would have Cost a fortune somewhere else. So can’t complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

is the offer still on for the drinks and sweets?

How do people find out about the petrol price? Is it just on Facebook? Or did they change the price on the big roadside signs, too?

They would have been better off asking people to sign up to their app (Im sure they have one) and the prices will be revealed in the app only. Roadside signage will still show 'normal' prices, but price at the pump will be 24.7. This way the odd randomer who's opting for applegreen to fill up wins, just for using them in the first place. It would encourage sign ups to their app, and roadside chaos wouldn't occur as those who didnt need fuel or who wouldn't normally use applegreen just sail on past the normally-priced signage.

Win win for all involved?

gussieg wrote: »
    is the offer still on for the drinks and sweets?

Yeah, what’s left of them anyway. I’d say they’re running low

How do people find out about the petrol price? Is it just on Facebook? Or did they change the price on the big roadside signs, too?

They would have been better off asking people to sign up to their app (Im sure they have one) and the prices will be revealed in the app only. Roadside signage will still show 'normal' prices, but price at the pump will be 24.7. This way the odd randomer who's opting for applegreen to fill up wins, just for using them in the first place. It would encourage sign ups to their app, and roadside chaos wouldn't occur as those who didnt need fuel or who wouldn't normally use applegreen just sail on past the normally-priced signage.

Win win for all involved?

The signs changed afaik. Also publicised on RTE radio and most of the news websites had a story about it. Tbh it seemed like a lot of people knew where to wait before the announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Kh1993 wrote: »
    Tbh it seemed like a lot of people knew where to wait before the announcements.

That is certainly true based on some of the queues immediately after announcing where they were doing them.
    Heard there were loads of cars waiting in the car park in certain stations.
    Lot of staff would have had to be told beforehand and a simple text message to one goes to another 2 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

Pretty terrible idea - there was gridlock in many towns yesterday because of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any Cork have fuel at the special price?

North Ring Rd did. Crazy traffic from every direction. I left the queue & went home when I saw how busy it was.

Surprised how quickly people got there. Wonder did employees already know and word spread through family and friends?

I did hear that some people queued at a different station that weren’t even doing the promotion. How annoying would that be when you realised :-)

Advertisement