Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation 4 PRO 1TB, 2 controllers, Death Stranding, Fortnite Neo Versa, Spiderman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

sugarman wrote: »
    Already posted a few days ago.

...and it's out of stock everywhere.

335 a few days ago
    325 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

Can confirm it wasn't out of stock everywhere (but it probably is now). Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

335 a few days ago
    325 now

Available in tallaght right now... Great shout OP

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Available in tallaght right now... Great shout OP

Missed it - the PS4 console is out of stock there :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

I have a console ordered for mahon for monday and also reserved the 3 items seperately- do you think i can avail of the bundle if bought, returned, then buy again as bundle.
    Reservations are seperate as stock wouldnt allow me to do altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I have a console ordered for mahon for monday and also reserved the 3 items seperately- do you think i can avail of the bundle if bought, returned, then buy again as bundle.

You can just combine the two reservations at the till. Shouldnt be issue. I do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

dan786 wrote: »
    You can just combine the two reservations at the till. Shouldnt be issue. I do it all the time.

The ps4 reservation is for monday - wednesday... i wonder how long the offer is running.
    Would harvey norman pricematch it?

The ps4 reservation is for monday - wednesday... i wonder how long the offer is running.
    Would harvey norman pricematch it?

Well wait till tomorrow when the console is also in store. Your reservation for the other 3 items should expire tomorrow if you reserved it yesterday or today.

So just wait and you will get it. Tomorrow is Cyber Monday so all deals will end of day tomorrow.

Dont think HN will price match this.

Missed it - the PS4 console is out of stock there :-(

Ps4 pro 1tb without fortnite is the same price: https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6185936/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm 1 available in Jervis

When they rung up my reservation it was 380. I had to show the lad the reservation mail with the 325 to get the deal price. If you don't have the deal price locked down you might have a bit of work getting them to honour it with a combination like this but worth a try.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    When they rung up my reservation it was 380. I had to show the lad the reservation mail with the 325 to get the deal price. If you don't have the deal price locked down you might have a bit of work getting them to honour it with a combination like this but worth a try.

The deal is active on their site so the staff can just check it there. He will get it for this price 324.99 even if the items are in multiple reservations. The till should automatically drop it to the lower price or he can just show the offer on the site.

All offers are valid until EOD tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

One available there now in Rathfarnham. Some in Tallaght and Swords too (for collection in a few days time) if anybody missed out.

One available there now in Rathfarnham. Some in Tallaght and Swords too (for collection in a few days time) if anybody missed out.

Offer ends today.

Offer ends today.

The often extend offers like this if they are doing well. Wouldn’t let it stop you. Good few places it’s available for reservation.

The often extend offers like this if they are doing well. Wouldn’t let it stop you. Good few places it’s available for reservation.

They dont extend offers. The offers are by Sony, not by Argos. The console was reduced with almost every single retailer around Europe.

The offers were only for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The item page states price only valid until today.

They dont extend offers. The offers are by Sony, not by Argos. The console was reduced with almost every single retailer around Europe.

The offers were only for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The item page states price only valid until today.

Take a Chill Pill Dan - your a bit up tight! - few hours on your PS4 should do it!

Ok so your telling me that Sony decided that Argos should sell these four items for €325 instead of €405? Give me a break would ya! Sony might regulate the reduced price of the console but not Argos’ package prices! And they have extended deals like this in the past - just saying - because I bought one before when the deal was extended!

Offer has ended as expected.

Ah look sure at least you’ve calmed down a bit!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No it hasn't, They dont extend offers...………..

Ohh wait :D

Just a bit of fun :)

Guys, the young kceire wants the VR off Santa.

I got this VR worlds Starter Pack in Argos the other day for €199, but just wondering if I there were any better deals out there before these offers end.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Guys, the young kceire wants the VR off Santa.

I got this VR worlds Starter Pack in Argos the other day for €199, but just wondering if I there were any better deals out there before these offers end.

There waa Megaback with 5 games. Think it was around 229 in most places online.

There waa Megaback with 5 games. Think it was around 229 in most places online.

Yeah I seen that. I wasn't sure what it was as the VR is alien to me.
    In hindsight, I should have got it as you got an additional 4 games for €30.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

I'd just like to say thanks the OP.

Picked up the standard PS4 Pro (without Fortnite code), new controller, Death Stranding & a Bluray for €324.99 on Sunday. I already had Death Stranding. I traded my 4 year old 1TB (boxed & mint condition) base PS4 with an extra (old version) controller and Death Stranding into CEX today for €259 cash, meaning the upgrade cost me €66 all in.

Not bad for the cost of a brand new game and a Starbucks.

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    I'd just like to say thanks the OP.

Picked up the standard PS4 Pro (without Fortnite code), new controller, Death Stranding & a Bluray for €324.99 on Sunday. I already had Death Stranding. I traded my 4 year old 1TB (boxed & mint condition) base PS4 with an extra (old version) controller and Death Stranding into CEX today for €259 cash, meaning the upgrade cost me €66 all in.

Not bad for the cost of a brand new game and a Starbucks.

Yay :) enjoy!

Few new bundles added console reduced from €399 to €320 with

One Free Game or
    2 Free Games or
    One free Game and One Blu-Ray or
    PS4 Controller for €35

Loads of stock. Not as good as the last deal with the second controller missing but still very good for €320 with two of the newer games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Few new bundles added console reduced from €399 to €320 with

One Free Game or
    2 Free Games or
    One free Game and One Blu-Ray or
    PS4 Controller for €35

Loads of stock. Not as good as the last deal with the second controller missing but still very good for €320 with two of the newer games

For some reason adding two of the games from the selection doesn’t work for me. It puts the price of the second game onto the overall total. Adding one game works fine though.

DubDJ wrote: »
    For some reason adding two of the games from the selection doesn’t work for me. It puts the price of the second game onto the overall total. Adding one game works fine though.

If you manage to reserve them all separately they’ll honour the price in store

The two game offer is wrong. Second game can only be one of the cheaper games.

is the Fortnight code worth anything somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

Toast wrote: »
    is the Fortnight code worth anything somewhere?

Probably five euro on adverts. Offer is buggy on Argos, but some games do work with the 2 free games. Death Stranding and Rage 2 works, yesterday so did God of War but now it isn't.

Advertisement