Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buymie - €25 off €50 first LIDL shop

• 22-09-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just got an email with the code LIDL25 to get €25 off your first €50 LIDL shop with Buymie (shopping delivery app). Said it's unique but it doesn't look it

Prices seem the same as in store and delivery is €4 so not sure how they're able to do this. Might add on a bunch a the end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I'm having problems inserting postcode when signing up on website
    I insert D02 AF30 and it says invalid. :mad:
    Edit: Insert Dublin 2 works.

Sounds like a fantastic offer if genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

erm... probably not a good idea to stick up your exact postcode on a public website forum??

mrcheez wrote: »
    erm... probably not a good idea to stick up your exact postcode on a public website forum??
    Contact me:
    Dublin City Council,
    Lord Mayor’s Office,
    Mansion House,
    Dawson Street,
    Dublin 2.
    D02 AF30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah, the poster will be very easy to track down in such a remote place as D2, especially without knowing their real name and what they look like and their fecking gender

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Some poor sap I take it collects shopping for four quid a shout?

Maybe they have a deal with the store for the first be order?

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Yeah, the poster will be very easy to track down in such a remote place as D2, especially without knowing their real name and what they look like and their fecking gender

The postcode leads directly to a single small building.

Not exactly difficult to track down.

The postcode leads directly to a single small building.

Not exactly difficult to track down.

It's the Mansion House.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Has anyone used the service before? I haven't heard of it before.

Moving2017 wrote: »

Backed by Enterprise Ireland it says in the app.

Sounds like a bit of a bum deal for the delivery folk if you ask me. Also how long would my chicken be sitting in the back of someone's car?

A guaranteed hourly rate of €8 + €3.99 per delivery + keep all tips!
    http://www.dcusu.ie/blog/entry/job-opportunity-buymie

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »

Who's paying them the 8 Euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

How far will they deliver from the nearest Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    How far will they deliver from the nearest Lidl?

I think it’s Dublin only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Old article so don't know if prices correct:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/innovation/buymie-gets-your-groceries-to-you-when-you-need-them-1.3023528

For a premium fee of €6.99, a customer can have groceries within an hour. This drops to €4.99 for two hours and to €3.99 for three hours. On top of the delivery charge, shoppers pay a commission of 14.75 per cent on the value of their basket.

Seems rather steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/innovation/buymie-gets-your-groceries-to-you-when-you-need-them-1.3023528?mode=amp

'On top of the delivery charge, shoppers pay a commission of 14.75 per cent on the value of their basket'

No reference to this on their website, but it did only list 'delivery fees'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Might have some success in the uk (but who knows with brexit) but will fall flat on its face here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Moving2017 wrote: »

I have used them a couple of times when I was stuck and needed something quickly.

They are good, they call you if they can't find what you ordered because it's out of stock etc.

The prices are higher than in-store (due to the mark up discussed above) and than there is an additional fee depending on how quick you want it.

It' not for regular shopping but good if you are stuck and don't want or can leave the house.

If you can get 25€ of a 50€ shop than it's a good bargain even with the markup.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You can look up anyone’s postcode on the eircode website so it’s not a secret

You can look up anyone's phone number in the phone book (or at least used to), but I'm not going to put mine up for all to see.

Anyway if the postcode was for a general building it's not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dixon

Pushed the button and my basket was €58, which jumped to €73 after delivery and processing! .. the €25 worked and brought it down to €48 .. so €10 off I guess, was pretty miffed at the markup so didn't tip .. now I feel bad

Very prompt with the delivery times and they did ring to say one of the items wasn't available, I said to leave it but it doesn't look like it was taken off the bill. Might be handled through app credit, I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

zell12 wrote: »

Thanks for this link, it's an interesting proposition for job seekers. I see that it's guaranteed hourly rate, so what happens if no-one orders, do you get your 8 euro doing nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 RiceCrispy

It's delivered from a normal joe soap's vehicle though right? I don't really like the idea of frozen / chilled food sitting in the boot or backseat of someone else's car for what could be hours.
    How would hygiene or cleanliness be guaranteed? Doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

RiceCrispy wrote: »
    It's delivered from a normal joe soap's vehicle though right? I don't really like the idea of frozen / chilled food sitting in the boot or backseat of someone else's car for what could be hours.
    Well they give an option for delivery times, including within the hour, but I don't think it's designed for fish fingers really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dixon

RiceCrispy wrote: »

When he arrived he had a zipped up cooler box with all the refrigerated stuff in it, looked like it was issued to him. Plus they also seem to go straight from the store to you so much like a grocery run you'd do yourself

It's the not knowing how much is about to be added on at the end that annoys me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tried there, am near city centre, two lidl's within 10/15 minutes walk and they don't show up for delivery but Tesco does.

I was also just in Tesco so I looked up products I bought, it's actually 18.2% dearer on there which is huge.
    I also got a special offer, 3 for 2, and it's not on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

What about the car insurance for the shoppers, they would need to add commercial use or they won't be covered on the deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

A little off topic but I am wondering if anyone that uses tesco give a tip upon delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

No here either - it'd feel weird. They have to be the soundest delivery fellas too - out our way at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

A little off topic but I am wondering if anyone that uses tesco give a tip upon delivery?

Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Always.

Apt username :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Why would you tip the tesco delivery driver? Don’t mind the likes of takeaway drivers as most work for tips, but Tesco drivers are paid a wage to deliver your groceries.While they are all sound I wouldn’t even think about tipping them.

Advertisement