Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free delivery @ the sweet shop.ie

• 06-03-2011 6:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

swizzels-matlow-gift-jar.jpg

Order here

Works on any size order, and both standard and registered post are an option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

In addition to the above LIdl are doing this tommorrow

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20115390.index

I myself will be getting some Macaroon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ta Davy..

2 packs of Eat A Yolks, a bag of Fruit Pips, a bag of Kola Kubes & a bag of Flying Saucers have been ordered.

Niiice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

no paypal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Very limited choice of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

love the idea of this shop being online and all the old sweets but went to make a few purchases this evening and got as far as this one:

http://thesweetshop.ie/~theswee4/25-walkers-eat-a-yolk-.html

same bag of 10 is €1 in my local shop. €2.50 on the above site.
    prices of other sweets (macaroons, mint crisps etc) much more expensive than my local shop too.

maybe the free delivery might make this worthy of being a bargain alert, but i'm not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Is this really a bargain alert?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Bulls eyes..... YESSSS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

On...sugar free...diet....must resisssssst....:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

wixfjord wrote: »
    Is this really a bargain alert?!

A bag of cola cubes delivered to you for €2 is alright imo. It would cost me more in time and petrol to go get them. As i said you dont have spend a certain amount, normally spend over €30 etc to get free shipping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Those prices are a bit of a joke aren't they? Free delivery! Ha.

• Advertisement

Yea, as a "sweet shop" it kinda sucks. It's bloody expensive and has feck all choice. People, go to your locla sweet shops and support your local businesses. You might even get to chat with the shop keeper for a minute...imagine that!

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Hmmm not the cheapest online Sweet Shop I've seen.
    I'm lucky that I've got an old corner shop beside me that does loads of these things, and a Lidl to stock up with too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A lot of them are €2 per 100g bag, which is €20 per kilo, at christmas you would get heroes, quality street etc at about 6.50 per kilo. Most €2 shops have massive selection of sweets, and usually 5 bars for €2 which would weigh about 250g.
    Davy wrote: »
    A bag of cola cubes delivered to you for €2 is alright imo.
    It is cheap with delivery, if you really cannot get your favourite sweets in your local shop. Tesco have 200g of cola cubes for €1.09, the online shop bag is 100g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

M&S are also really good for 'vintage' sweets, there slightly more expensive than tesco but much much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dnme wrote: »
    Yea, as a "sweet shop" it kinda sucks. It's bloody expensive and has feck all choice. People, go to your locla sweet shops and support your local businesses. You might even get to chat with the shop keeper for a minute...imagine that!

Oh joy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

http://thesweetshop.ie/~theswee4/28-wilton-macaroon-bars-.html

Crock of Bull Cookies

these were 8p when i was growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

For those of you who say they have a limited selection, Just contact them about any sweet which you may like and they will try to source it for you.
    Well that is what I did as suggested on their site. Next day got mail back telling me they have sourced them :)
    As for price, I don't mind if it's a little bit more than you would expect, I'm paying for something that is not freely available to me.
    I agree though, palpal would make it easier for me, but I will just have to get family to put the order in for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

inflation :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭queenm

I just tried to place an order and it is showing postage costs right through to the payments page. Is there a code or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Dont think its free anymore :(

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    For those of you who say they have a limited selection, Just contact them about any sweet which you may like and they will try to source it for you.
    Well that is what I did as suggested on their site. Next day got mail back telling me they have sourced them :)

You know, I can do that too ;)
    Right, who wants what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/TOFFEEWORLD/FIZZY_TONGUES.jpg

i want these, but only the black/white ones.. think they were cola. can only ever find the fruity ones online

I'll use my connections to make you secretary general of the UN if you find me a place to buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

http://thesweetshop.ie/~theswee4/28-wilton-macaroon-bars-.html

Crock of Bull Cookies

these were 8p when i was growing up

If you haven't seen the other thread, 9 for €2.99 with 3 mint crisps and 2 Klipsos (~22c/bar) @ Lidl .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056197343

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Noticed that the Euro2 store in Donegal town had a load of this stuff - white and milk choc Jazzles, Fruit Salad, Black Jacks, Dip Dabs, the bags of variety sweets that were in Lidl (refreshers and stuff - 2 for €3)

My order arrived last Wednsday and guess what they packed sticky sweets in paper bags:eek: so everyone of my sherbert lemons were stuck to the bag. The other sweets luckily enough didn't stick, checked a couple of similar sites and all of them sent their sticky sweets wrapped in plastic.

Also it appears that the free delivery wasn't exactly free because a €2 bag is now €1.75, maybe I'm wrong and it is a price cut or maybe they upped their prices to counteract the 'free' delivery.

I sent them an e-mail pointing out the stupidity of sending sticky sweets in paper bags and also I asked them about the difference in price. In fairness to them I said I would wait for a reply (paper bag might have been a mistake, might be a price cut) before posting here but 2 days later still no answer from them.

Needless to say they won't be getting repeat business from me, even an apology re the paper covered sweets would have been nice. I will be posting about this on the rip off thread, as it is a rip off when you pay for a product and it arrives unusableedible and you get no reply to your complaint.

Well done Reg'stoy. That's the power of the web and online communities. You were very fair to them in complaining. We should all complain more, especially us Irish who tend to put up with all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

They sure do send a lot of emails when you order.
    I must have gotten 10 or more.

Also got a coupon stuck on my invoice "2011", for 10% off I think it was.

Just to let you folks know that companies do read boards.ie as I have just got a reply from the sweetshop.ie in response to my above post . He did say that they had not got/found my e-mail (sent through their contact us link) so I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I feel now having got an apology that it wouldn't be fair on a young Irish business to run them down on boards, I will take them at their word that they will review the policy of posting certain sweets in paper bags.

Businesses should be cognisant of the power of 'word of mouth' that forums such as boards can generate and I'm delighted to see one realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Finally got my order this week after much mucking about with the post office after i missed the parcel. Had the same issue with the paper bags sweets are fairly stuck on! On the plus side delivery would have quick had i been there to answer the poxy door to the postie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Non of the links on this thread work anymore. The first one brings me into a website called presta & the other 2 come up with an error 404. Is the website gone now?

Advertisement