Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wet and Windy Friday-Saturday(14th-15th), Potential Flooding.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Weather Warning

Issued at 14 January 2011 - 21:54
    Weather Warning
    Widespread rain during Saturday 15th January, with 15 to 30mm accumulating widely. In western parts of Connaught and Munster 30 to 50mm of rain is expected, with up to 80mm possible in the Cork and Kerry mountains

Is there still a band of rain on the way to produce these rainfall totals from ME

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Was pretty bad in Galway City last night and still is this afternoon.It started off with little twigs and other debris hitting the skylight last night.Then it seemed to be bigger bits,possibily small branches of nearby trees hitting it.Was waiting for the whole tree to uproot.I like a good storm like that:).

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Wind is still quite strong here in Tipp but the rain has eased off a lot.
    10.4C, mild enough but nothing exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Really bad last night in kerry and still going strong, lot of flooding too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Not too bad here in Waterford. Only 9mm of rain since midnight but wind is strong in gusts. Unfortunately my station is semi blocked to SW winds so not get accurate readings on wind speeds today. Wind is strong though.

Rain readings taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Is there any form of weather left that can impress you?

:rolleyes:

i would love a lightning fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lots of rain and strong winds, pretty standard winter storm though considering I grew up on the west coast

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

Very wet and windy day in Kerry. Its rained all night and for most of the day. Its lashing down now. The mountain roads are impassible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Timistry wrote: »
    Very wet and windy day in Kerry. Its rained all night and for most of the day. Its lashing down now. The mountain roads are impassible

Yea I agree, its been a very bad day in Kerry, serious flooding at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

whats up with buoy m1 and M2, they haven't reported in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A few decent gusts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tipping it down for the last three hours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Some severe gusts here in Waterford City in the last 15 mins, really picking up speed now. Temp a really mild 10.8c

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed! I can hear the sofits creak!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

mike65 wrote: »
    Indeed! I can hear the sofits creak!

At first I was like :confused:
    And then google asked me: Did you mean: soffit
    And then I was like :cool:

(I always knew them as "eaves" :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And today is absolutely beautiful - sunny, calm and still. Could not be more different to the quite nuts weather from Friday evening to late last night.

Advertisement