Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Mother's day present

• 01-04-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Spotted an excellant deal on a No 7 manicure set in the boots catalogue, was reduced from 20 euro to 10 euro.

Went online just to double check (thought it was too good to be true :p) and of course it was. According to the site it was reduced from 44 euro to 22 euro. Now I was willing to pay the 22 but I went in store to see if it might have been further reduced.

Instore it was priced the same as the site but I decided to point it out to one of the staff (had the catalogue with me). She said 22 euro was the correct price but that she'd ask anyway. Came back after a few minutes and said they'd honour the price but I could only buy one.

I was delighted, saved me spending an extra 12 euro. It might not seem much but as a student every penny counts :D.

So I say fair play to boots!!

And if any of ye happened to pick up a catalogue and still need a mother's day present then I was 100% recommend this manicure kit.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Rechargeable-Manicure-Set_1160107/

44614023.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

..... or you could try Irish Times Beauty editor Phyl Clarke's, "why didn't they think of it before", great ideas for Mother's Day, a bottle of washing-up liquid :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

OP is the catalogues instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Well I got mine from the OH but I'm guessing they must be avaliable instore. Usually catalogues are by the main door in some sort of display.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Hey all,

Spotted an excellant deal on a No 7 manicure set in the boots catalogue, was reduced from 20 euro to 10 euro.

Went online just to double check (thought it was too good to be true :p) and of course it was. According to the site it was reduced from 44 euro to 22 euro. Now I was willing to pay the 22 but I went in store to see if it might have been further reduced.

Instore it was priced the same as the site but I decided to point it out to one of the staff (had the catalogue with me). She said 22 euro was the correct price but that she'd ask anyway. Came back after a few minutes and said they'd honour the price but I could only buy one.

I was delighted, saved me spending an extra 12 euro. It might not seem much but as a student every penny counts :D.

So I say fair play to boots!!

And if any of ye happened to pick up a catalogue and still need a mother's day present then I was 100% recommend this manicure kit.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Rechargeable-Manicure-Set_1160107/

44614023.jpg

got it for 10, added lipstick and a nail polish to bring it up to just over 30, then get a free no 7 gift set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Oh sh*t, mothers day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement