Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I got a kitten and I LOVE HIM!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Magenta wrote: »
    I love kittens, could sit watching them play for hours!!!
    You never realise how much you tap your foot or fidget with your hands til you get a kitten... you're sitting there watching TV and next thing kitty pounces!!! Ha ha ha! If only they stayed kittens forever... though the curtains would never last if they did :)

I so know what you mean.

I hand reared 5 of them once and it was better than any cartoon, watching all the antics they got up too.
    Including running up each leg of my jeans when I finally got them onto solid food and they copped the clink of the saucers meant food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

It's remarkable how kittens can make even the most solemn people light-hearted. All your gravitas goes out the window. Unless you're a real cat-hater, there's a part of you that a kitten reaches that nothing else can! Toddlers are just the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Toddlers are just the same.

I disagree they're not fluffy so no comparrison imo! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Ruthie-Roux

Awwwwww. I wish I had a cat. Been on the verge of getting a kitten myself actually but there are four huge barriers:

1--I have asthma and cat hair gets me coughing like nothing else.

2--I live in a tiny bedsit (its temporary I swear....)so no room for a cat

3--The landlord would have a fit.

4--I hate housework of any sort, so cleaning up cat poop would be a job that would need to be passed on to somebody else--anybody but me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Magenta wrote: »
    If only they stayed kittens forever... though the curtains would never last if they did :)
    I love the fact that a part of them does stay 'kitten'. My 13 year old lazy lump of a cat can hardly make it up the stairs some days. I run around after a wind-up mouse while he watches disinterestedly. Then he'll find a button or some arbitrary object and chase it around like a maniac, batting it and skating across the laminate floor, turning somersaults as he goes.

(then he'll get tired and need a fourteen hour nap to recover- oh to be a cat!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My cat made me laugh so much yesterday. He has a toy mousie that he loves. He brings it to bed with him and carries it around the house wanting you to play with him all the time. Mousie has been missing for quite some time and I found him under the bed. He was overjoyed to be reunited with his mousie and spend the whole evening throwing him up in the air. Then he slept with his paw around it!

He makes me laugh and smile more than anything else. Cats really are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

watna wrote: »
    My cat made me laugh so much yesterday. He has a toy mousie that he loves. He brings it to bed with him and carries it around the house wanting you to play with him all the time. Mousie has been missing for quite some time and I found him under the bed. He was overjoyed to be reunited with his mousie and spend the whole evening throwing him up in the air. Then he slept with his paw around it!

He makes me laugh and smile more than anything else. Cats really are the best!
    So cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Awe your kitten is so cute!!!
    Kittens are awesome, you could watch them for hours and not get bored lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Check out my little kitten sprinkles:) He was found on a beach with his brothers and sisters in a box unfortunatley one didnt survive but the rest did and are in good homes :) He is the cutest thing EVER!!

sprinklesss.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Oh, he is SO cute!
    I'm having loads of problems training Bear at the minute- he's a little maggot, but I love him all the same......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

basquille wrote: »
    Best of luck with him Lillylilly.

I grew up with cats... they are fecking great..!

Girlfriend's not a big fan of cats though so we had to settle with a dog... but he's a little legend though!

Fudge (when we got him):
    n51942971010438164029.jpg

Fudge (last weekend, a year later):
    16442209953789710519429.jpg

Awww he is sooo cute and Fudge is such a cute name:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Awww he is sooo cute and Fudge is such a cute name:)
    Cheers.. and he's barely grown since that.

Here's 2 photos of him taken last week (after being groomed) on my MacBook (the tilted head in the first photo is him responding to the noise the MacBook makes when it takes a photo):

photo44u.jpg

photo46g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I got a kitten with my girlfriend just after christmas.
    Here he is22541_104407476251567_100000469442860_112127_1245642_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Awe so cute!!!!!

Advertisement