Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DivX Player €95

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Do Maplins deliver ? I'll be ringing them in the morning to find out anyway. Sweet deal.

They state VGA output. Uhm, does that mean to a computer monitor/projector ?

The Medion DVD/DivX player on Amazon comes to €87 inc delivery to your door. I ordered it. Will let y'all know what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

buy a secondhand xbox and chip it, its gonna work out dearer, but u'll have an xbox, a dvd player(dont need the remote), divx/xvid player, mp3 player, internet browser and a lot more. Much better than buying a divx player i think. Check out www.xbox-scene.com or the h/w tweaking/modding part of the sci/tech section of this fourm if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Got one of these today. Initial impressions are very impressive. I'll play with it for a few hours and let you know if I have any issues. So far however I've tried three Divx TV shows (all an hour long) running from a single CD and they run great. You just burn right to disk, no directory structure or nothing, Sweet!

This is a great stop gap to chipping your Xbox. etc.

Here’s the full spec

http://www.tangent-audio.com/products/prod_d400.pdf

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by kaisersose77
    buy a secondhand xbox and chip it, its gonna work out dearer, but u'll have an xbox, a dvd player(dont need the remote), divx/xvid player, mp3 player, internet browser and a lot more. Much better than buying a divx player i think. Check out www.xbox-scene.com or the h/w tweaking/modding part of the sci/tech section of this fourm if your interested
    Yeah, put in a 120 gb hd and have a huge divx library!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Is it possible and are there any DivX players with a USB input in it? Say, for hooking a USB HDD up, and playing off that?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by conZ
    Is it possible and are there any DivX players with a USB input in it? Say, for hooking a USB HDD up, and playing off that?

Erm, kinda. The SigmaTek PVR800 has a USB port on the back so you can hook it up to a PC, where it shows up as another drive in Windows Explorer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

But that one already has a hard disk ..... doesent it.

My Medion DVD/DivX player arrived and it's a sweet little thing. Watched one divX which was on a scratched and dirty cd and it was a bit jumpy. The next cd I stuck in was perfect. Plays well and the sound is pretty damned good.

I'm very happy.

Advertisement