Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SAMSUNG ML-M2026 Compact Laser Printer - Black & White / Wired

• 18-09-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

bNtgseW.png

Amazon

Best price in a while - wired but could connect to router for wireless

• 20 Pages Per Minute
    • Ships with 500 pages Starter Toner Cartridge
    • 35x33x17.8 cm / 3.95kg
    • 400 MHz processor
    • 8 MB

Print speed black
    Normal: Up to 20 ppm
    First page out (ready)
    Black: As fast as 8.5 sec
    First page out (sleep)
    Black: As fast as 15 sec
    Print quality black (best)
    Up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi

Media sizes supported
    A4, A5, B5 (ISO), B5 (JIS), Oficio, Envelope (DL, C5)
    Media sizes, custom
    76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
    Media types
    Plain, Thick, Thin, Cotton, Color, Preprinted, Recycled, Lables, CardStock, Bond, Archive,Envelope
    Media weight, supported
    60 to 163 g/m²

CamelCamelCamel Price History:

nvGuImv.png

Compatible toner is cheap, top one 15euro with parcel motel
    jvF1BXe.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I have one of these. Bought it a few years ago on special. Good little machine, never had any problems. Spurious toner works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭kuro_man

No wifi on that model, if you need it get the M2026W version (W = wifi)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

kuro_man wrote: »
    No wifi on that model, if you need it get the M2026W version (W = wifi)

That's £20 dearer but there is a £20 cashback offer also. It's UK only but with a PM address and a Revolut bank a/c number it might work.

I went for it and got a 30 day free Prime offer as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Spurious toner works fine.

Which toners are you using?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Which toners are you using?

Yellow Yeti MLT-D101S (1,500 Pages) Compatible Toner Cartridge for Samsung ML-2160 ML-2165 ML-2168 SCX-3400 SCX-3405 SCX-3405FW SCX-3405F SCX-3405W ML-2164W ML-2165W SF-760P [3 Years Warranty]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yellow Yeti MLT-D101S (1,500 Pages) Compatible Toner Cartridge for Samsung ML-2160 ML-2165 ML-2168 SCX-3400 SCX-3405 SCX-3405FW SCX-3405F SCX-3405W ML-2164W ML-2165W SF-760P [3 Years Warranty]

Thanks, ordered along with the wireless model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Getting mine tomorrow, thanks OP.
    Just what I was looking for at a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭lau1247

For my own clarity, is your printer M2026 or M2026W?

Just happen to note that D111S is the one for M2026 or M2026W. So wondering if the D101S is also compatible.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    For my own clarity, is your printer M2026 or M2026W?

Just happen to note that D111S is the one for M2026 or M2026W. So wondering if the D101S is also compatible.

M2026

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

That's £20 dearer but there is a £20 cashback offer also. It's UK only but with a PM address and a Revolut bank a/c number it might work.

That £20 cashback offer might be an error. I clicked on the "more" information on this offer in the M2026W listing, and it brought me to terms and conditions for the £20 offer - from HP printers!

• Advertisement

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    That £20 cashback offer might be an error. I clicked on the "more" information on this offer in the M2026W listing, and it brought me to terms and conditions for the £20 offer - from HP printers!

Yeah - that's a bit weird alright but it's not an error!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the document you can see the Samsung models are all listed there.

I got mine last week and even though it is a fully Samsung branded printer, it comes with a HP warranty document with the statement "Support for this product is provided by HP Inc." So there does seem to be some licensing agreement between HP Inc and Samsung...

Anyway....I submitted the cashback request last night and today I got confirmation that it has been approved.....although it will take up to 25 (!) days for the payment.

So if you have a UK bank account number (e.g. Revolut) and ship to Parcel Motel, you can get the Wi-Fi version for £39.99. Of course €3.95 more for PM but that is partially offset by only paying the UK VAT.

And it's an absolutely smashing little printer. It spits out paper at a rate of knots from any PC or phone....beautiful quality. And much cheaper to run.

Also the NFC feature is really cool....if a bit pointless. Still you can impress children with it (for about 10 seconds).

The old HP (!) inkjet is going to the recycle center on Saturday.....
    Best BA waste of money for me so far this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,960 ✭✭✭✭event

Ordered the wireless one last week, still hadn't been dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

event wrote: »
    Ordered the wireless one last week, still hadn't been dispatched

Got this today, having trouble finding a suitable iOS app. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

As a testament to Samsung printers, for what its worth I have a CLP-320 which seems to have been a larger, older, but similar entry level model. Got it in 2011.

Pleased to say it's still going (I don't print much) and still on the original 1500-page toners which have surely produced more than that by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Have mine, delighted with it.
    Super fast, small footprint and no more bloody ink cartridges.

I was going for the wireless model with cashback but that cashback link fooled me with it being HP.
    Lo and behold, HP look after Samsung printers for warranties etc

Hooked it up to my router and working now as networked printer so thanks OP
    Saved me about 50e as I was looking at the cheapest Brother laser printers

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

Could you post link to cash back please, if offer still on?

Cheers

Ray

razor12345 wrote: »
    Could you post link to cash back please, if offer still on?

Cheers

Ray

Just go to the Amazon page. You'll see the link for Samsung Promotion half way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Did you manage to get the £20 cashback, any difficulty in claiming? Would be going PM and Revolut also.
    Thinking of going for this also, thanks OP.

Did you manage to get the £20 cashback, any difficulty in claiming? Would be going PM and Revolut also.
    Thinking of going for this also, thanks OP.

I'm still waiting for the payment but they told me it was approved.

The cashback offer is there until Oct 31st but I see the wireless version has gone back up to £79.99 now.

Wired at £39.99 is still a great deal.

how do you find your revolut bank account number?

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    how do you find your revolut bank account number?

On the Revolut app, go to Accounts, roll to GBP and hit Details.
    Use the Local rather than the Swift as this will be domestic transfer.

Anyway, today £20 landed in my Revolut account!
    So the cashback does work with Revolut and it is still running until Oct 31st.
    Unfortunately, the price of the M2026W has increased to £79.99 now so you might be better off looking at the M2070W for the same price.

Advertisement