Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yet Another Label to Add to the Ever Increasing List of Sexual Orientations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Candie wrote: »
    It's up there with people telling you they're members of Mensa or how well read they are and how all their friends think they're the most intelligent person they've ever met. At least it warns people in advance what you're about and that's a good thing.

You are dead right Candie, and I should know, I read a book a week.

dirtyden wrote: »
    You are dead right Candie, and I should know, I read a book a week.

Is it fiction? It only counts if it's non-fiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Never heard of it till now. But I can see why a*sholes would use it as it makes them sound like their educated.
    People do like to blow themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

What's courageous about it? I identify as a wardrobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I identify as a wardrobe.
    So you've had a lion and a witch inside you at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Also do you want to know what I identify as? Well I won't say because it's Narnia your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Aslan as you're happy who cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I just think, like many words, it’s a handy shortcut.

Absolutely. But I don’t think that has anything to do with the word itself but rather the precious and highly politicised times we live in.

Handier than “Intelligence is attractive”?

“I’m sapiosexual” - probably needs explaining.

“Intelligence is attractive to me.” - doesn’t need explaining.

I think anyone putting it down on a dating profile is likely to put off a lot of the people they want to attract. Lots of interesting and engaging people might find it hard to respond to a suggestion, however slight, that they have to be especially intelligent or capable of lots of high-brow discussion.

Luckily my nicer half has low standards and poor eyesight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Candie wrote: »
    I think anyone putting it down on a dating profile is likely to put off a lot of the people they want to attract. Lots of interesting and engaging people might find it hard to respond to a suggestion, however slight, that they have to be especially intelligent or capable of lots of high-brow discussion.

Luckily my nicer half has low standards and poor eyesight. :D

I suspect your other half wanted a person to share their life with not, just be in the same book club with :D

I think most normal people would look as it as a kink. :D ( Its not a sexual orientation) And lets face facts it would be as beneficial as putting "bodybuilder" or "me, me, me" down when trying to encourage interest with a dating profile. But there is always someone out there for everyone, so I am sure that it would meet the aspirations of a special type of snowflake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

How about who gives a damn about who or what your called.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Most of them are a "Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT MEEEEE! Sexual"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Popeye knows the score

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Until the word enters common parlance, I agree.

Don’t see what the fuss is over really, it’s just a word. I don’t use it myself but I have seen people on OKCupid! using it.

I wouldn’t rule them out because of it. Some of us can’t afford to be that picky. ;)

Advertisement