Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin media free TV with new bundles

Options
  • 15-11-2018 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a good black Friday offer at the moment with Virgin, for internet / phone / tv bundles coming with a free TV.

240mb broadband + home phone = €588 over 12 months.
    240mb broadband + home phone + 50 TV channels + free TV = €708 (€120 extra)

Model: LG 32" LK610B Smart Full HD which seems to retail online for around €250 - €300. So given the above costs without the TV package and the free TV, it seems reasonable.

Some caveats I've found - applies to new customers only; you don't get it until you pay your first bill in full and 28 days after installation.

T&C here: https://www.virginmedia.ie/pdf/terms/Terms-and-Conditions-Free-TV-Offer-full.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Virgin are the most expensive providers at the moment so unless you really want the tv I think there are much better deals to be had on Vodafone and eir etc

True, but they still have 350k + customers so appeals to a lot of people that use Virgin. Appeals to me as my phone line is broken somewhere between the junction box and my house, eir won't repair, so Virgin is my only option!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Im with virgin for over a year and never had connectivity issues. Was with eir for 3 months and had 4 issues within the 3 months. The free tv bundle looks good, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sky are offering a similar TV with their new packages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

sternn wrote: »
    True, but they still have 350k + customers so appeals to a lot of people that use Virgin. Appeals to me as my phone line is broken somewhere between the junction box and my house, eir won't repair, so Virgin is my only option!

I called eir yesterday because the broadband kept on dropping every 15 minutes. They seen a problem on the exchange and fixed it today. Surprised they won't fix it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I’m surprised too
    Any problems I’ve had over the years with Vodafone have been fixed by eir engineers very quickly

Yeah I've had a poor experience. Engineers called out, couldn't install my order as the cable going into my house was snapped somewhere. It happened last year and I gave up after having an engineer call out twice. They have a pretty good deal on broadband to be fair, but I'm not in a very good phone line based internet area so Virgin are working out best for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Be extremely wary of these offers from Virgin. I signed up to one of these a few months back and when I was 30 days into the contract and tried to claim the TV they said I wasnt eligible for it as I didnt sign up online, when in fact I did. Had to make an official complaint to the Company eventually to get the TV but it took around 7 calls and I wasted a few hours on the phone being bounced from department to department having to explain the situation so many times. Eventually got told by a senior manager "tough luck" so I made the complaint.

I would advise confirming on the recorded sales call that you are only signing up as part of the deal where you get the free TV.

Once my contract is up I am running so far away from Virgin Media. They're a horrendous company for Customer Support. Absolutely horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Virgin are the most expensive providers at the moment so unless you really want the tv I think there are much better deals to be had on Vodafone and eir etc

This is the debate about getting a better product for a higher price. Something can be more expensive and still be better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

So virgin is better than eir and Vodafone, aren’t all the providers using the same line provided by eir ?

Here is a thread already started and it lists all the good deals on at the moment

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057926099

No they are not. Virgin offers speeds particularly in bigger cities far in excess what is available from an air phone line. They invested heavily in their own infrastructure and as such can charge more for the premium service they provide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

No good for us culchies then
    Big city folk get all the good stuff

Ah you'll be well looked after by SIRO in the coming years :)

Virgin are not the cheapest but I would say Sky are the most expensive provider

• Advertisement
Advertisement