Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

timmy2772 wrote: »
    I cant see an interview happening. It seems like it's going to be purely a role play scenario and onto stage 4 which is a physical fitness test. My reading of the email we received was that it's going to be done differently this year due to covid. It was clear that theres no interview

Any thoughts in exactly what a role play scenario would look like on zoom I cant grasp the relevance at all I only skimmed the email because I didnt make it inside the 198 so I am guessing I have time I just have no idea what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P.O. 1

There was always a group exercise and interview. no way they are going to change it. i heard from a very reliable source that there will 100% be a embargo on promotions in the service and i would say on recruitment next year. Forget about people telling you they need staff because of retirements. it was the same in 2010-2016 and we just had to manage with the staff we had. best of luck to you all. its a great job with in the most part very good staff

P.O. 1 wrote: »
    There was always a group exercise and interview. no way they are going to change it. i heard from a very reliable source that there will 100% be a embargo on promotions in the service and i would say on recruitment next year. Forget about people telling you they need staff because of retirements. it was the same in 2010-2016 and we just had to manage with the staff we had. best of luck to you all. its a great job with in the most part very good staff

What do you mean? you dont think are going to hire anyone from this campaign or what? because there is still lads from the last campaign waiting why would they do another recruitment drive if this was the case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AndrewTW

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    What do you mean? you dont think are going to hire anyone from this campaign or what? because there is still lads from the last campaign waiting why would they do another recruitment drive if this was the case ?

2008 saw the last major recruitment drive for Prison Officers with panel members been taken till 2010 from that panel. 2014 saw some support staff been taken on and then again another recruitment drive in 2016, From 2010 to 2016 the prison service lost roughly 300 staff and 2016 to present those numbers are still down so i would imagine that this 2020 panel will be used for some time and numbers been drawn when required. There will be an interview with some roleplay situations done over zoom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Buzzing for the interview lads, best of luck to everyone going forward.

• Advertisement

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Buzzing for the interview lads, best of luck to everyone going forward.

Did you get called for interview already?

Did you get called for interview already?

No, I just got the email saying that the dates should be from the end of the month to the start of next month. I'm assuming I would be in that round as my OOM is currently in the 30's - hopefully it stays that way after the interview!

No, I just got the email saying that the dates should be from the end of the month to the start of next month. I'm assuming I would be in that round as my OOM is currently in the 30's - hopefully it stays that way after the interview!

Oh good score. I gonna be second round unless they get a lash of no shows

no i dont think they will be many more groups of recruits taken in for the foreseeable future. maybe 2/3 mOre groups before the end of the year but id be surprised if there will be anymore after that with a moratorium on recruitment expected. as i said it was the same in 2012-2016/17 no classes of recruits despite a lot of retirements. id expect the same to happen again. the prisons will again just have to manage with the staff they have. i hope im wrong but from discussions ive had i think im not. They will plow ahead with the recruitment for as long as they can until told different and continue the test/interviews but i suspect people will be waiting a long time for a start date.

P.O. 1 wrote: »
    no i dont think they will be many more groups of recruits taken in for the foreseeable future. maybe 2/3 mOre groups before the end of the year but id be surprised if there will be anymore after that with a moratorium on recruitment expected. as i said it was the same in 2012-2016/17 no classes of recruits despite a lot of retirements. id expect the same to happen again. the prisons will again just have to manage with the staff they have. i hope im wrong but from discussions ive had i think im not. They will plow ahead with the recruitment for as long as they can until told different and continue the test/interviews but i suspect people will be waiting a long time for a start date.

Hi PO,

Are you saying you think the current campaign i.e. people interviewing in a couple of weeks will be waiting a long time on a start date, or further recruitment campaigns next year?

• Advertisement

i dont believe there will be another recruitment campaign in the foreseeable future. I believe anyone going through the process at the min have to prepare themselves for a long wait to be called. Whatever classes they recruit this year i believe will be the last classes for quite a while. Hoping im wrong as it is great when new recruits start in the jails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sm1992

Anyone any idea what the role play exercise is going to be like? Going to be awkward doing it through zoom i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timmy2772

Hey how are ye getting on preparing for the Role Play...starting this week ��...Do you just have to become an actor for 15 minutes and deal with an awkward situation...Is there anything you can really do to prepare for this other than getting into acting mode and trying to stay cool and professional in dealing with an angry individual or intimidating situation?

Do you have a slot booked and all ? I was hoping there would be enough drop outs to sneak me into the first batch bit obviously not.

Hey everyone...was just wondering how the Zoom Role play went for ye?...Do ye reckon interviews will be anytime soon and whether ye think they will be on zoom

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Hey everyone...was just wondering how the Zoom Role play went for ye?...Do ye reckon interviews will be anytime soon and whether ye think they will be on zoom

It went fine for me, bit unusual for me, but I hadn't an interview in over 15yrs. So it was all new to me. Great info given to me about the process beforehand and makes you feel at ease. Result received already. Just in case anyone asks I won't comment on what happened within the interview process or the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

no need to read to much into what anyone posts on here, he said, she said, or i heard from a reliable source that recruitment will stop. Its all talk at the moment, best to wait on official word and not by some stranger no one knows.

Hope this helps.

:)

Peace out.

Well everyone . How are ye getting on with preparations for the interviews coming up in mid to late September ?. Gonna be done through Zoom.

Well everyone . How are ye getting on with preparations for the interviews coming up in mid to late September ?. Gonna be done through Zoom.

It says the venue is the PAS building?

Think that's changed now to Zoom

• Advertisement

Think that's changed now to Zoom

You’re right, it has changed to zoom.

Is this Written exercise on monday the 7th lads ?...I have received nothing about it as of yet . My understanding was it was due to take place this monday coming....SOVA

Is this Written exercise on monday the 7th lads ?...I have received nothing about it as of yet . My understanding was it was due to take place this monday coming....SOVA
    I was contacted and told mine can be done any time between tomorrow and Wednesday I’d presume everyone’s the same but not 100%

Interviews starting today...how are ye finding them

For jaysis sake, I wish they would get back to me after that interview. Been over two weeks now. Though, this is as to be expected.

For jaysis sake, I wish they would get back to me after that interview. Been over two weeks now. Though, this is as to be expected.

I haven't been called at all for I review I'm not even sure they are gonna do second round oom interviews

I haven't been called at all for I review I'm not even sure they are gonna do second round oom interviews

Sorry to hear that Tom, hopefully you’ll get a call soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borrow

Guys it's a very long process.even if your successful in your interviews.it takes time to get through the next hurdles

Borrow wrote: »
    Guys it's a very long process.even if your successful in your interviews.it takes time to get through the next hurdles

Been hearing from a couple of sources withint IPS that this intake could be in training by the end of December

• Advertisement

Borrow wrote: »

Heard from a couple of sources within IPS that this intake could be beginning training by the end of December

Advertisement