Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for this! Just gave it a go and now have US netflix on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Can anyone who is familiar with using it tell me why selecting a country, e.g. the USA doesn't work for Netflix, yet if I use the link for Netflix it auto assigns to the US and works? The same for UK and BBC iPlayer.

This is great but...

I'm just wondering if I want to change to other countries to see their Netflix options, or even purchase cheaper via Turkey then I want to know if there is something I'm doing wrong when selecting a server?

Master of the Universe

I currently have a Turkish Netflix account and have been bopping around different countries netflix regions on my phone for the last hour checking exclusive content, works grand.

Changed the server to another country, restart netflix and away you go.

Haven't tried it on my computer at home though yet so will have to see this evening.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I currently have a Turkish Netflix account and have been bopping around different countries netflix regions on my phone for the last hour checking exclusive content, works grand.

Changed the server to another country, restart netflix and away you go.

That hasn't worked for me. Only clicking the recommended link that has the Netflix logo (doesn't say which country but was USA).

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I bought this - tried the Channel 4 app and no luck... Has it worked for anyone else? Any tips?

I'm using a Samsung s8.

Will try on the Firestick later but expected it to work on my phone too!

• Advertisement

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I bought this - tried the Channel 4 app and no luck... Has it worked for anyone else? Any tips?

I use 4oD, or All 4 as it is now known for years without need for VPN. I can't remember entirely but I think you can just give a UK address in setting up if it doesn't work with whatever address you put in. I've never had a problem accessing any show or film I wanted to watch without need for VPN.

From their FAQ:

Can I watch All 4 in another country?
    Rights agreements mean that our All 4 service is only available in the UK. Even if you are a citizen of the UK you cannot access the service from abroad, except to watch previously downloaded shows (applicable to iOS and Android devices only). Some of our programmes are available in the Republic of Ireland, subject to rights.

Master of the Universe

That hasn't worked for me. Only clicking the recommended link that has the Netflix logo (doesn't say which country but was USA).

I just used the VPN unlimited app on my phone to change my location to the US.

I then opened the Netflix app on my phone directly as normal and it shows all the US content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Joels

I've been using Windscribe for quite some time and they have a lot of different Netflix IPs (US/CA/JP and UK), but it's a bit expensive. I think I'm paying aprox 10 dollars a month. I've also looked towards NordVPN.

Do you really get a lifelong subscription for €36?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Joels wrote: »
    I've been using Windscribe for quite some time and they have a lot of different Netflix IPs (US/CA/JP and UK), but it's a bit expensive. I think I'm paying aprox 10 dollars a month. I've also looked towards NordVPN.

Do you really get a lifelong subscription for €36?

Lifetime subscription refers to the lifetime of the software.

Suckit wrote: »
    Lifetime subscription refers to the lifetime of the software.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

It says "KeepSolid VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription", does that mean I pay $39/€36 ones or is it a recurring fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

It says "KeepSolid VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription", does that mean I pay $39/€36 ones or is it a recurring fee?

It's a one-time fee of €14 once you enter the code VPNDEAL.

The software may be taken offline in a few years (or rebranded as something new) so the "lifetime" of the software has ended, and the subscription ends then too.

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's a one-time fee of €14 once you enter the code VPNDEAL.

The software may be taken offline in a few years (or rebranded as something new) so the "lifetime" of the software has ended, and the subscription ends then too.

Only €14??

Ah, yes. Ofcourse that might happen. Still sounds like a good deal since that's less than I currently pay for two months!

Thank you for clarifying!

Only €14??

Ah, yes. Ofcourse that might happen. Still sounds like a good deal since that's less than I currently pay for two months!

Indeed, it's a crazy deal. I was considering NordVPN for €12.99 a month and was about to subscribe later this week until I decided to check out Bargain Alerts

Pure coincidence as I haven't been on Bargain Alerts for several weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mrcheez wrote: »
    Indeed, it's a crazy deal. I was considering NordVPN for €12.99 a month and was about to subscribe later this week until I decided to check out Bargain Alerts

Pure coincidence as I haven't been on Bargain Alerts for several weeks

NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark and others are a completely different animal. You pay more but far more secure, private, speeds, service and servers etc.

Suckit wrote: »
    NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark and others are a completely different animal. You pay more but far more secure, private, speeds, service and servers etc.

yeah it's probably more than I needed (only wanted to get US Shudder)

o1s1n wrote: »
    I just used the VPN unlimited app on my phone to change my location to the US.

I then opened the Netflix app on my phone directly as normal and it shows all the US content.

I used Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse as the test every time I used USA random servers and then successfully in the Netflix logo’d server recommendation. When using the other servers it showed me content from US but wouldn’t let me view as it said I was on a proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Installed the VPN on Mi box, have iPlayer working, but when I click on a programme, I get the message "This content is not currently available".
    I'm using UK South connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

how long from purchasing to getting your licence on average, purchased this morning and still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Check your emails

EDIT: Sorry I meant spam folder, just in case. You should get an email from Stack Social with a redeem link / code first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

kenny111 wrote: »
    how long from purchasing to getting your licence on average, purchased this morning and still waiting.

Should be minutes. Contact support on chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

i did a direct purchase without creating an account, if i click on the link for a receipt it fails to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I have this a while and struggle to get BBC I player app to play.

Also when logged into player via chrome same issues

Have it set to BBC streaming no joy and other UK locations no joy either

Going to look into other vpns

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

Thanks. Based on this feedback, going to pass on this.

I had trouble earlier, but it's working fine now, I turned off location services in settings on mi box. Watching Seven world's, One planet now ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Set this up on my Netgear router and works though speeds are only 8mb.
    However Netflix is identifying it as a proxy so can't watch anything

Edit: chatted to Netflix streaming endpoint and works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Got this but I don't know what version of software to download for chrome book and firestick
    Also how are ye getting netflix us on it I have this on tablet but getting using proxy issue

mean gene wrote: »
    Got this but I don't know what version of software to download for chrome book and firestick
    Also how are ye getting netflix us on it I have this on tablet but getting using proxy issue

Here's the firestick one,as linked by Aquos76 for me couple of days ago.
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I hooked It up to my firestick - works fine. BBC I player/ITV Hub work on the BBC setting. Oddly, the All4 app does not work on UK location but does work on my default Irish IP!

Not yet tried it on US TV. Any suggestions of sites/apps to use there as a test? What Netflix shows are US only?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

On the Firestick are people using the ITV App or Silk Browser ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

mooreman09 wrote: »
    What Netflix shows are US only?

Season 5 of Peaky Blinders?

Advertisement