Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I have an LG smart tv. Can i use this on the tv settings to access content thats region locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Disney+ has now stopped working for me. Error code 83 which means Disney have blocked my virtual IP address. Hoping KeepSolid tech support can sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Weyhey wrote: »
    Haven't been able to get BBC iplayer working for about a week now on windows 10 pc.

I normally use Edge ( Chrome and Firefox never worked for me ) and have deleted my cache settings then rebooted. Tried the Bbc server and UK south but still get the 'only works in UK' error.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Had same problem. If your using keepsolid then try any post code from here

https://www.doogal.co.uk/Counties.php?county=E10000014

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

T-Bird wrote: »
    Had same problem. If your using keepsolid then try any post code from here

https://www.doogal.co.uk/Counties.php?county=E10000014

Thanks T-Bird. Where would I need to enter the postcode on keepsolid?

Thanks T-Bird. Where would I need to enter the postcode on keepsolid?

Sorry my fault, brain in limbo lol. Change the post code in your bbc registration.

This might be helpful

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-watch-bbc-iplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Disney+ has now stopped working for me. Error code 83 which means Disney have blocked my virtual IP address. Hoping KeepSolid tech support can sort it.

I'd be interested in how you get on with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

T-Bird wrote: »
    Sorry my fault, brain in limbo lol. Change the post code in your bbc registration.

This might be helpful

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-watch-bbc-iplayer

I had NI region and postcode using Edge which had been working for me until last few weeks ( slow but I downloaded shows to watch which was fine).
    Changed to England region and postcode still no luck. Then tried Firefox and browser add on along with main standalone app and bingo but very slow to watch. Not sure if it was the combination of things.
    However when I go to download a show the download app gives a 'not in UK' error.

I had NI region and postcode using Edge which had been working for me until last few weeks ( slow but I downloaded shows to watch which was fine).
    Changed to England region and postcode still no luck. Then tried Firefox and browser add on along with main standalone app and bingo but very slow to watch. Not sure if it was the combination of things.
    However when I go to download a show the download app gives a 'not in UK' error.

Strange. It seems like a similar problem the one I had. I do get an error when downloading but it streams ok. The post code im now using is BH23 7AG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm watching it now, flawless.

IMG-20191231-185542.jpg

IMG-20191231-185609.jpg

IMG-20191231-185619.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

TheDriver wrote: »
    I use mine on firestick 4k for Netflix and crackle (US) and BBC, itv, uktv play, c5 and c4 players (UK) although I think c4 works without vpn.

Can get itvhub, uktv play, c4 etc but cannot get BBC iplayer on Firestick 4K. I am only using VPN on firestick so perhaps BBC detect non-UK IP address when signing up for an account with them?
    Anyone got any suggestions for a workaround?
    TIA

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'd be interested in how you get on with this.

Back working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm watching it now, flawless.
    Can I all how you got the Disney+ app on Firestick please?

jkbah wrote: »
    Can I all how you got the Disney+ app on Firestick please?

Use a downloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dec4 wrote: »
    Can get itvhub, uktv play, c4 etc but cannot get BBC iplayer on Firestick 4K. I am only using VPN on firestick so perhaps BBC detect non-UK IP address when signing up for an account with them?
    Anyone got any suggestions for a workaround?
    TIA

Install VPN on phone, activate it, sign up for account then.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Invincible wrote: »
    Install VPN on phone, activate it, sign up for account then.
    Thanks, tried that and used different email account to sign up but still no joy. Even deleted and reinstalled BBC iPlayer on Firestick but got a message when I opened the reinstalled app to the effect that BBC retain certain data on their servers so perhaps they had retained some details on Firestick??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

Managed to get this working on a 4K firestick, after a bit of too and fro with support.

Download this APK to an android device, then send the saved file to the firestick using this app, easy fire tools.

Once installed its easy to toggle between UK and USA for BBC iPlayer and Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Does bbc iplayer work with this app

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

oleras wrote: »
    Managed to get this working on a 4K firestick, after a bit of too and fro with support.

Download this APK to an android device, then send the saved file to the firestick using this app, easy fire tools.

Once installed its easy to toggle between UK and USA for BBC iPlayer and Netflix.
    Ah Christ, it's much easier than that. Google firestick and unlimitedvpn and it gives you instructions to install directly onto firestick. Very easy.
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

Ah Christ, it's much easier than that. Google firestick and unlimitedvpn and it gives you instructions to install directly onto firestick. Very easy.
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

Tried that first obviously and would not work, kept getting an error.

Strange, worked first time on mine. Did u have the unknown sources checked?

• Advertisement

Strange, worked first time on mine. Did u have the unknown sources checked?

Yes, followed to the letter, was getting " package appears to be corrupt" when i tried to install it.

I have seen a few other people with similar issues so said i would post what worked for me in case its needed in future.

Use a downloader.

Re: Disney: I've used downloader and apps to fire but the APK won't open. Have other apps installed that are working ok. Any ideas

jkbah wrote: »
    Re: Disney: I've used downloader and apps to fire but the APK won't open. Have other apps installed that are working ok. Any ideas

This is where I got the APK from. Which Fire Stick are you using? New-ish?

https://firestickhacks.com/how-to-install-disney-plus-on-firestick/

kala85 wrote: »

At present yes, but went down for some time, maybe BBC realized the same IP address had multiple users and VPN unlimited changed it since.

This is where I got the APK from. Which Fire Stick are you using? New-ish?

https://firestickhacks.com/how-to-install-disney-plus-on-firestick/

Many thanks. All working 🥳 Didn't realise I needed to download apk pure app to install. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭cassette50

kala85 wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Does this work on Samsung TVs ?
    omega42 wrote: »
    Can this be set up on modem? have a samsung Smart TV but cant find any info for running a VPN on it

The SmartDNS product from KeepSolid was working perfectly on my Samsung SmartTV for the first few days (i.e. US Netflix OK & no restrictions on Amazon Prime). Recently however Netflix has noticed I'm running a proxy and demands removal.

I asked their tech support and they recommend installing the VPN on the TV. I can't find the appropriate .apk to install so they then recommended using the SmartDNS product on the modem. I haven't tried this yet but plan to soon.

If anyone finds a solution to installing this VPN on a SamsungTV, please post. :)

VPN not working tonight for either iPlayer or itv hub!

Invincible wrote: »
    VPN not working tonight for either iPlayer or itv hub!
    Watching iPlayer as we speak.

• Advertisement

It's a game of cat and mouse with iPlayer and the VPNs. The iPlayer will eventually block the VPN IP addresses. Then after a few days the VPN will change its IP address and it will work until iPlayer blocks that again.

Advertisement