Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch (the second thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i hope so, i have more trouble with her than i would ten shields

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Something very wrong with this game. I'm plat dps/support, but now in bronze tank. Despite getting gold dmg in 10 games in a row. Genuinely lost about 15 games in a row in tank queue. Not really sure how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

fixxxer wrote: »
    Have you considered switching?

I'm support main but I can play any role. I've just switched game instead. Shooting shields isn't any fun. I'll come back eventually and hopefully the devs will have come to their senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Homelander wrote: »
    Something very wrong with this game. I'm plat dps/support, but now in bronze tank. Despite getting gold dmg in 10 games in a row. Genuinely lost about 15 games in a row in tank queue. Not really sure how that works.

It's not just raw DMG that makes you a good tank.

Honestly if you could be bothered learning sigma you will likely climb. Hes op af at the moment

• Advertisement

I was playing sigma. I'd say I got gold damage in 80% of matches. Obviously I know there's more to tank than damage, I have 1200 hours in the game. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with match making on my account. I'm constantly getting matches that are 300 sr above my level. I first noticed it playing support, a gap of 320sr between my team and the enemy. I didn't even think that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The gap is around 1000 SR depending on conditions

fixxxer wrote: »
    The gap is around 1000 SR depending on conditions

That's the gap between individual players not overall teams. I played a game last night where our team was hundreds lower and they had a platinum dps. That should not be happening. The team sr should be broadly similar taking into account the higher ranks. For some reason it never happens my team, only the opposing team.

Does it still show the the sr of teams before games, i thought they scraped that along with showing who's teamed up?

I think solo queuing is a lot harder now. It's like you're unknowingly up against stacks who are working together, in comms etc. The people climbing are those in 3+ stacks i reckon.

Yep, it does. Not sure about the stacks, don't think it does. I'm just really frustrated because the wild difference in sr only happens to my team, the enemy team is never hundreds lower for some reason. I literally went from 1800 to 1480 in a row, but even the last game the enemy team was 1797 while ours was pretty much 1530 or something. The last support game I played was the same, enemy team was 300 higher, even though we won I only got the basic sr for the win. It never happens in reverse. I'm 2600/2550 in support and dps. Now literally 1400 in tank.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SR differences between roles aren't something to worry about. Each role plays differently and if you haven't played tank much it's only natural your dps/support ranks are much higher.

Not sure so, soz, i never really look at the team sr so couldnt tell you if it's similar.

For those on bad loss streaks, emongg was on something like 7W-33L last week, it happens. I remember XQC went on a 15 game loss and ended up a pro player in masters. It's like picking a red/black in roulette. I just try to enjoy the games win or lose and not focus on the sr.

Played lots of sym last night, if you cant beat her play her I guess. Got 48 kills in my last game, she's a monster. Maybe doomfist next...just seems so hard to play

I don't really mind that. It's more why am I constantly getting matches where my team is 300SR lower, but it never happens in reverse? (ie my team is never, ever more than 50 higher at best than the enemy team but its constantly 300 lower). One of the last games I played last night they had a platinum McCree, were almost 300sr higher as a team, while ours was all bronze. That should not be happening.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Normal enough to see the odd plat player in gold but in bronze that's very strange. I'd say what's happening is the plat guy was playing with a friend in silver or bronze.

take a photo of your next game when it shows the team sr and we'll do some investigating

I have a group who play together, would be gold4lyfe but when we play with our bronze level player it gets a bit screwy sometimes. I think their matchmaking system is struggling a bit with player SR moving allover the place recently since the change.

There is definitely something up here. I just got a draw game and lost 50 SR with gold damage as Orissa. I didn't even think that was possible, I thought draw was static.

This is how I am playing in pretty much every game. This is the game I lost 50SR for as a draw.

WgY6LlK.jpg

Sounds broken alright

Losing 50sr on a draw seems very off alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,632 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Losing 50sr on a draw seems very off alright.

50sr is usually what you lose for quitting. Maybe the game thought he backed out?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    50sr is usually what you lose for quitting. Maybe the game thought he backed out?

He would have had a ten minute ban then too I would have thought.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Of course they can keep adding characters!

They'll nerf sigma/orisa and then itll be onto the next "worst meta".

Any day now lols. This is painful

Next update will be October 15th when the Switch version is released.

Be cool to see some nintendo themed skins or something. I'm thinking Link Brigitte skin, Samus Aran Pharah skin, Mario Torb skin, Bowser Road hog....

The possibities are endless but highly unlikely there'll be anything like that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

bSNBZji.png

Overwatch 2 a near certainty at this stage.

Kinda not feeling due to the whole Blizzard-being-scum bit.

Also reading 4chan rumours.
    Take them with a grain of salt, but anons usually don't care this much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

Heard about this over the weekend and was a bit surprised to be honest, but looking forward to it now. Personally I don't find Overwatch stale yet, and the new Push mode will be a nice addition, but interested to see how they are going to mix it up. I wonder does this mean hero 32 will be the last one for the current game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

More leaked images:

unknown-1.png
    i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1027%2Fr618945_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=920&h=518&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin&format=jpg
    unknown-3.png
    Overwatch-2.jpg

OW2 looks promising, the updated art work looks promising if true, apart from Sojourn maybe who looks a bit generic.

In free fall this season. Placed mid gold-ish at the start and crashed since then 1800 all round now. Support dropped about 500 SR :-/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Overwatch 2 annonuced at Blizzcon, all current Overwatch 1 skins will carry over to Overwatch 2 and all Overwatch 1 players can play on the new maps against Overwatch 2 players. What OW2 will have vs. OW1 will be an extensive group and solo set of story PvE missions.

Advertisement