Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

20Cent wrote: »
    Do you really think that no one has thought to include the sun in their calculations or looked at it as a possible source for global warming. Out of the tens of thousands of research projects into it no one thought of the sun?

You seem to have read their notes with cars and airplanes on their script sheets, so you have seen the sun listed on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You seem to have read their notes with cars and airplanes on their script sheets, so you have seen the sun listed on them?

For the sun to be the cause it would have to be getting hotter which it is not. Satellites have been monitoring it for decades.
    The other explanation would be the Earth's orbit has changed which we would have noticed by now.

For the sun to be the cause it would have to be getting hotter which it is not. Satellites have been monitoring it for decades.
    The other explanation would be the Earth's orbit has changed which we would have noticed by now.

Lmao, in the last 100 years the sun has increased it’s energy output it’s a FACT and it’s quite significant.! I already told you to research before you come on here babbling but maybe you don’t know what the word babbling means? Get a dictionary ....

Lmao, in the last 100 years the sun has increased it’s energy output it’s a FACT and it’s quite significant.! I already told you to research before you come on here babbling but maybe you don’t know what the word babbling means? Get a dictionary ....

Throw up a link then Einstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you really think that no one has thought to include the sun in their calculations or looked at it as a possible source for global warming. Out of the tens of thousands of research projects into it no one thought of the sun?

You are right, someone has, but climate alarmists in general probably wish she hadn't. :cool:
    Professor Valentina Zharkova gave a presentation of her Climate and the Solar Magnetic Field hypothesis at the Global Warming Policy Foundation in October, 2018. The information she unveiled should shake/wake you up.

Zharkova was one of only two scientists to correctly predict solar cycle 24 would be weaker than cycle 23 — in fact, only 2 out of 150 models predicted this.

Zharkova’s models have run at a 97% accuracy and now suggest a Super Grand Solar Minimum is on the cards beginning 2020.

Grand Solar Minimums are prolonged periods of reduced solar activity, and in the past have gone hand-in-hand with times of global cooling.
    https://electroverse.net/professor-valentina-zharkova-breaks-her-silence-and-confirms-super-grand-solar-minimum/

• Advertisement

Throw up a link then Einstein.

Do you want me to feed you? There’s tons of info about it on WWW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Micky throw up your research and facts

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

So the same amount of plastic in the oceans, not more? The same amount of rainforests?
    Animals and plants are disappearing faster around the world and Ireland than any other time in human history.
    They'll all just magically replenish?
    Are you gonna tell us exactly how the protests held you up and when?

This is the problem with the likes of you listening to bulls*it of animals and plants disappearing, i am now back living in the country where i was born and raised,the same animals are still around that were here 40+ years ago, up to 2 weeks ago there was about 20 swallows and house martins in and out of sheds,i never seen than many around before.Maybe if the likes of you left the city and opened your eyes you might learn something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Del.Monte wrote: »
    And which of the above have you given up or are you just **** stirring out of boredom and couldn't really give a damn about the environment?

I am 41 don't drive , never have owned a car - Im lucky to live in a city with good public transport.
    I eat meat a lot less then I used to.
    I have the same smartphone since 2015 and intend to keep it as long as it works.
    I wear the **** out of my clothes and buy **** all.
    Don't fly much.
    Don't buy tacky ****e, have a desktop PC that i upgrade by components, i have the same monitor, keyboard, mouse, PSU for the last 10 years.
    Don't use a tumble dryer, hang our clothes out.

I think I have a decent footprint - considering.

What I don't do is piss about on the street banging a drum and blocking others getting to work and it's this hypocrisy that pisses me off ..

What about yourself ?
    Have 4 kids and drive a f*cking Land Rover maybe ?

But hey, get out there on the streets and beat your drum...

This seems to be a huge problem on boards

Lads taking bullsh1t merchants serious. They are too naive to realise there’s huge opposition to climate change among big business and fossil fuel industry. Think of how big the oil industry is. Look up aramco for example

Lads just take a step back and consider you are being played like a fiddle by big business interests who stand to make huge money from climate denialism

• Advertisement

Micky throw up your research and facts

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

In other words sh1te or get off the pot

Stop acting childish and do your own research, as i said there's tons of stuff on the net about it.

Stop acting childish and do your own research, as i said there's tons of stuff on the net about it.

No there isn’t. I checked.

Are u naive enough to believe pseudo science that big business wants you to believe

Lads taking bullsh1t merchants serious. They are too naive to realise there’s huge opposition to climate change among big business and fossil fuel industry. Think of how big the oil industry is. Look up aramco for example

Lads just take a step back and consider you are being played like a fiddle by big business interests who stand to make huge money from climate denialism

I have a spare tinfoil hat for sale , i'll sell it for 5 euro, pm is intetested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

mgn wrote: »
    This is the problem with the likes of you listening to bulls*it of animals and plants disappearing, i am now back living in the country where i was born and raised,the same animals are still around that were here 40+ years ago, up to 2 weeks ago there was about 20 swallows and house martins in and out of sheds,i never seen than many around before.Maybe if the likes of you left the city and opened your eyes you might learn something.

Ok the curlew numbers have gone down 96% from the 1970s for e.g. Explain that please. You really must have your head in the sand if you think wildlife is flourishing in ireland like it used to.

No there isn’t. I checked.

Are u naive enough to believe pseudo science that big business wants you to believe

It just how much BS you spout, simple find here about a study
    https://www.space.com/2942-sun-activity-increased-century-study-confirms.html

I have a spare tinfoil hat for sale , i'll sell it for 5 euro, pm is intetested.

Just so ppl are aware

Big business actively promoted disinfo and denialism for decades

It appears some let’s say more naive members of boards have swallowed this bs hook line n sinker

The ad agencies will be delighted to know how many ppl they’ve literally fooled

cnocbui wrote: »
    You are right, someone has, but climate alarmists in general probably wish she hadn't. :cool:

https://electroverse.net/professor-valentina-zharkova-breaks-her-silence-and-confirms-super-grand-solar-minimum/

Tip for you.
    When researching scientific papers first look at the source and the author, how reliable is it. You linked to a blog, not a great start.
    It is about a paper presented at something called the "Global Warming Policy Foundation".
    This is a lobby group.

There is a whole industry out there often funded by the fossil fuel industry to muddy the waters in order to keep their billions coming in.

The guardian this week has been running reports on how seemingly respectable and genuine think tanks were promoting climate science denialism for years. It appears some less discerning ppl have been hoodwinked by their output. I guess that was the point of the disinfo campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Just so ppl are aware

Big business actively promoted disinfo and denialism for decades

It appears some let’s say more naive members of boards have swallowed this bs hook line n sinker

The ad agencies will be delighted to know how many ppl they’ve literally fooled

Continue to believe what you want to believe, do it blindly.

Even when you're presented with facts, you continue to swallow this babbling nonsense. From unqualified tree huggers who are looking for their 15 minutes.

But lets forget about ER for a moment. Let's look to one of the pioneers in addressing climate change - Al Gore. I'm sure you hold him in high esteem. In 2006, he said Arctic ice would be gone by 2011. That didn't happen. He predicted armageddon and break down in society - didn't happen either.

And all the while, he was consuming over 30 times more power than the average household in America. The power alone to power his heated swimming pool was 6 times the national average.

And this is the guy we're supposed to believe? Take seriously?

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

There is an agenda here folks, and you're being played like a fiddle.

https://nationalcenter.org/ncppr/2017/08/01/al-gores-inconvenient-reality-the-former-vice-presidents-home-energy-use-surges-up-to-34-times-the-national-average-despite-costly-green-renovations-by-drew-johnso/

https://www.thejournal.ie/biodiversity-ireland-4629280-May2019/

Here are some reports on the drastic degeneration of plants and animals in Ireland in the last few decades. But just because I live in a city none of it is true.

• Advertisement

I hereby call on all the denialists on this thread to produce evidence for their claims.

The phrase comes to mind

Sir you are entitled to your own opinions but you are NOT entitled to your own facts.

I hereby call on all the denialists on this thread to produce evidence for their claims.

You can find evidence for any old claptrap on the internet if you want.
    Anyway, this is becoming tedious. Happy Friday all.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Continue to believe what you want to believe, do it blindly.

Even when you're presented with facts, you continue to swallow this babbling nonsense. From unqualified tree huggers who are looking for their 15 minutes.

But lets forget about ER for a moment. Let's look to one of the pioneers in addressing climate change - Al Gore. I'm sure you hold him in high esteem. In 2006, he said Arctic ice would be gone by 2011. That didn't happen. He predicted armageddon and break down in society - didn't happen either.

And all the while, he was consuming over 30 times more power than the average household in America. The power alone to power his heated swimming pool was 6 times the national average.

And this is the guy we're supposed to believe? Take seriously?

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

There is an agenda here folks, and you're being played like a fiddle.

https://nationalcenter.org/ncppr/2017/08/01/al-gores-inconvenient-reality-the-former-vice-presidents-home-energy-use-surges-up-to-34-times-the-national-average-despite-costly-green-renovations-by-drew-johnso/

Link it to "National Center for public policy research".
    A right wing think tank.

The National Center for Public Policy Research is a communications and research foundation supportive of a strong national defense and dedicated to providing free market solutions to today’s public policy problems. We believe that the principles of a free market, individual liberty and personal responsibility provide the greatest hope for meeting the challenges facing America in the 21st century.

You are being played alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

Take that accusation and level it at climate change proponents. I assume that they are as partial to making a buck from a crisis as anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

Tip for you.
    When researching scientific papers first look at the source and the author, how reliable is it
    . You linked to a blog, not a great start.
    It is about a paper presented at something called the "Global Warming Policy Foundation".
    This is a lobby group.

There is a whole industry out there often funded by the fossil fuel industry to muddy the waters in order to keep their billions coming in.

What about the content of the paper itself?

Where does that come in or do we judge every book by its cover?

I've asked this question before, is there a viable alternative to fossil fuels? If so why hasn't the global infrastructure been redeveloped to reflect this? And secondly if there is an alternative does anyone stand to profit from it in the same way as the oil industry profits from oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Tip for you.
    When researching scientific papers first look at the source and the author, how reliable is it. You linked to a blog, not a great start.
    This is a lobby group.

Her paper was published in Nature: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45584-3

Tip for you, look at the message, not the medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Link it to "National Center for public policy research".
    A right wing think tank.

The National Center for Public Policy Research is a communications and research foundation supportive of a strong national defense and dedicated to providing free market solutions to today’s public policy problems. We believe that the principles of a free market, individual liberty and personal responsibility provide the greatest hope for meeting the challenges facing America in the 21st century.

You are being played alright.

I could provide 10 links to other sites but it all comes down to their report.

Which Gore has accepted as true.

As the monk stated, I'm bored with this thread now, I'll leave you fruit loops in peace.

Keyzer wrote: »
    I could provide 10 links to other sites but it all comes down to their report.

Which Gore has accepted as true.

As the monk stated, I'm bored with this thread now, I'll leave you fruit loops in peace.

Tip:
    Scientists will have many differing opinions and predictions.
    It is the consensus that matters overall.
    Very few things are proven 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Ok the curlew numbers have gone down 96% from the 1970s for e.g. Explain that please. You really must have your head in the sand if you think wildlife is flourishing in ireland like it used to.

What happened the dinosaurs, did carbon emissions kill the too.
    As i said i live in country and see what's going on.

Advertisement