Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NAS student paramedic recruitment 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

Roxy5 wrote: »
    Yeah, I got my link back the 7th November, I submitted it and the received a email on Tuesday there to say it had been completed and submitted to the HSE
    Weird. Still haven't heard a thing back after they acknowledge receipt of my documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roxy5

donottroll wrote: »
    Weird. Still haven't heard a thing back after they acknowledge receipt of my documents.

Gosh really it didn't go into junk it anything, at least they acknowledged the documents, they will be in touch because I submitted one document wrong and they got me to resubmit it.. no hassle there lovely..

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

I had my medical in Galway today. There's a detailed questionnaire to fill in. Urine sample. Height, weight, chest and waist measurement, BP, blood test, if your BMI is over 30 there is a brief step test. The doctor told me you would need to have severe cardiovascular disease to fail it.
    The eye test, tests your peripheral, long and near vision through a visor type device, colour blindness test too, close your bad eye if its too blurred. Finished off with a hearing test, tip is look at the floor in the booth.

Best of luck!
    Hi, just made it though the interview and have received an EOI for Tallaght. I see you had yourm medical and it was detailed enough. What’s the blood test for do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Hi, just made it though the interview and have received an EOI for Tallaght. I see you had yourm medical and it was detailed enough. What’s the blood test for do you know?

Standard stuff like serology - Hep A,B,C, TB, they asked if I wanted HIV checked. Also drugs such as cocaine, amphet, opiates...etc

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Newgirl89

Standard stuff like serology - Hep A,B,C, TB, they asked if I wanted HIV checked. Also drugs such as cocaine, amphet, opiates...etc

What’s eye test like if you don’t mind me asking, Is it each eye individually etc.

• Advertisement

Currently feeling like I need to swallow medical dictionary and that’s just for the meds 😂 afraid to even start anatomy and physiology 🙈

Newgirl89 wrote: »
    What’s eye test like if you don’t mind me asking, Is it each eye individually etc.

I had to look into a binocular thing connected to a light box. I was asked to read letters of certain sizes on certain lines and spot shapes which stood out on pictures. They did ask me to close one eye and repeat a few lines. I also had to do the standard ishihara test for colour blindness.

Currently feeling like I need to swallow medical dictionary and that’s just for the meds �� afraid to even start anatomy and physiology ��

It's a lot to take in alright. I'm just trying to learn the main headings and not worrying too much about the in-depth pharmacology and information

Description
    Presentation
    Administration route
    Dose
    Indication
    Contra-indication
    Side effects.

Some of the meds though there's a lot to take in, such as chlorphenamine.

For A&P I'm just learning the bones, heart, lungs and a few other things I haven't decided on yet :p

It's a lot to take in alright. I'm just trying to learn the main headings and not worrying too much about the in-depth pharmacology and information

Description
    Presentation
    Administration route
    Dose
    Indication
    Contra-indication
    Side effects.

Some of the meds though there's a lot to take in, such as chlorphenamine.

For A&P I'm just learning the bones, heart, lungs and a few other things I haven't decided on yet :p

Yea I’m thinking similar plan myself... it was a case of right aspirin I know this one.... then got to chlorphenamine and was like ah yea I’m lost again 😂 feel at least with some bit of understanding of terminology it will help, where you hoping to start?

Yea I’m thinking similar plan myself... it was a case of right aspirin I know this one.... then got to chlorphenamine and was like ah yea I’m lost again �� feel at least with some bit of understanding of terminology it will help, where you hoping to start?

Tallaght come January. Did they offer you a start date yet?

• Advertisement

Tallaght come January. Did they offer you a start date yet?

Only got panelled there Wednesday and then got 2 x eoi sent out Friday, one for Tallaght and one for tullamore, have to reply by Tuesday so fingers crossed will hear something early next week...

Only got panelled there Wednesday and then got 2 x eoi sent out Friday, one for Tallaght and one for tullamore, have to reply by Tuesday so fingers crossed will hear something early next week...
    Any preference? No idea where the tullamore college is going to be located tbh.

Any preference? No idea where the tullamore college is going to be located tbh.

Hoping for Tullamore, ballinasloe was first choice but beggars can’t be choosers.... not even sure of will definitely get January course, depends if many are left on previous panels...

Hoping for Tullamore, ballinasloe was first choice but beggars can’t be choosers.... not even sure of will definitely get January course, depends if many are left on previous panels...
    You can apply for both. So hopefully you'll get one.
    At least Tullamore and Ballinasloe aren't all that far from each other.

Also, I decided to skip the chlorphenamine and come back to it at another date. Cyclizine and clopidogrel are much easier to learn lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

Anyone starting in January have any idea when we get our contracts or further information?

Anyone starting in January have any idea when we get our contracts or further information?

I'd say they'll wait for blood test results to come back. Could be mid/late December.
    I wonder if they are going to push the tallaght start date back considering the eoi for the new panel start date is Jan 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

I got an email this morning looking for my address for contract issuing. Hopefully be getting something very soon.

I got an email this morning looking for my address for contract issuing. Hopefully be getting something very soon.

I got that as well. I'd say we will get something in the mail in the next week or so. It's all getting very real now, looking forward to January.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

I got that as well. I'd say we will get something in the mail in the next week or so. It's all getting very real now, looking forward to January.

Are you starting in Galway or Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

Still nothing at my end :(

• Advertisement

Are you starting in Galway or Dublin?
    Dublin.

I wouldn't worry. It seems that emails don't all get sent at the same time. You could be waiting a few hours or days.

Just see that Tallaght course is starting the 11th and not 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

Make sure to check your junk mail as some of my mails were going in there and some were going into my normal in-box.

Just see that Tallaght course is starting the 11th and not 25th

Which one? It seems the EOI that went out this week was for the 25th.

The EOI from October is the 11th. Unless they've now combined the classes but I doubt they'd have the capacity for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOriginalJ

Many people get their garda vetting link back yet

Which one? It seems the EOI that went out this week was for the 25th.

The EOI from October is the 11th. Unless they've now combined the classes but I doubt they'd have the capacity for that.

Email said that it’s 11th and that there are 11 spaces left, it’s the same eoi that was sent out earlier for 25th they corrected the error of date... I am taking a guess that there are 11 spaces left from the last round of eoi, could be wrong, has to replied to for tomorrow anyway so will hopefully find out later this week whether or not the people who were interviewed last week will be starting in January... not sure if there are people from old panel still awaiting to hear about starting

Many people get their garda vetting link back yet
    Still nope.
    I hear HBS are under wicked pressure at the moment due to mass recruiting across all sectors of NAS and the HSE.
    So I'm just giving them time and being patient.
    Email said that it’s 11th and that there are 11 spaces left, it’s the same eoi that was sent out earlier for 25th they corrected the error of date... I am taking a guess that there are 11 spaces left from the last round of eoi, could be wrong, has to replied to for tomorrow anyway so will hopefully find out later this week whether or not the people who were interviewed last week will be starting in January... not sure if there are people from old panel still awaiting to hear about starting

Oh okay. Makes sense. Maybe people didn't have the relevent documents etc or turned down the offer so it free'd up 11 more spaces. Who knows.

Still nope.
    I hear HBS are under wicked pressure at the moment due to mass recruiting across all sectors of NAS and the HSE.

Oh okay. Makes sense. Maybe people didn't have the relevent documents etc or turned down the offer so it free'd up 11 more spaces. Who knows.

Nobody knows.... it could just be sent out to everyone and it could all be offered to people from previous panels... 34 places in tullamore aswell so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Donal_M1

I am on the new panel formed last week. As far as I know there is people from the old panel but I think they may be waiting for Ballinasloe. I'd say we'll know by Thursday but I'll be delighted if I get offered a place this time around.

• Advertisement

Donal_M1 wrote: »
    I am on the new panel formed last week, 22cd. As far as I know there is people from the old panel but I think they may be waiting for Ballinasloe. I'd say we'll know by Thursday but I'll be delighted if I get offered a place this time around.
    Same as myself so, where you hoping for?

Advertisement