Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NAS student paramedic recruitment 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roxy5

Helen00 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting from May '19. 74 on the panel, didn't get in on last expression of interest.

Hi, just wondering if you can tell me how the expression of interest works and how long In advance did you receive it, I'm on the panel after you that went live the 20th Dec, thanks just unsure of the whole process from now on..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Helen00

Roxy5 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you can tell me how the expression of interest works and how long In advance did you receive it, I'm on the panel after you that went live the 20th Dec, thanks just unsure of the whole process from now on..
    Hiya, so you’ll get an email for either the Ballinasloe or Tallaght college with a start date. You then reply to it and say that you are interested. If you are not interested because you want the other college or a later start date you just don’t reply. I got an email at the end of September for a start date in mid January so I’m guessing it’s usually about the 4 month mark. That time in September I got an email for both Ballinasloe and Tallaght so I’d say they’ll be running the classes the same time. I heard from a reliable source the next class in Ballinasloe is July. Hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roxy5

Helen00 wrote: »
    Hiya, so you’ll get an email for either the Ballinasloe or Tallaght college with a start date. You then reply to it and say that you are interested. If you are not interested because you want the other college or a later start date you just don’t reply. I got an email at the end of September for a start date in mid January so I’m guessing it’s usually about the 4 month mark. That time in September I got an email for both Ballinasloe and Tallaght so I’d say they’ll be running the classes the same time. I heard from a reliable source the next class in Ballinasloe is July. Hope this helped.

Thanks so much, this is great.. I hope you get a shout soon

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Anyone any idea on how many people are left from all existing panels and are waiting to start training? Its difficult trying to find any information on this. I was successful in the student paramedic campaign advertised October 2019 which went live December 20th 2019. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

Baby S 85 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea on how many people are left from all existing panels and are waiting to start training? Its difficult trying to find any information on this. I was successful in the student paramedic campaign advertised October 2019 which went live December 20th 2019. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also looking for some information regarding this! Desperate for a start date as I’m currently working in England looking to move back home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Best off emailing HBS directly and just asking how many are left on the national panel.
    It's a pain waiting but I have found that just forgetting about it has made the time fly by. We are on the list, the text will come eventually. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Helen00

I emailed them about a month ago to see where I was on the panel and they told me they can’t give out that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Anyone heard anything? Or know when we could expect to hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

What did people think of the aptitude test today?

Anyone any information about schedules, such as when you start with your class, start time and finish times of college, 8-4 or 9-5 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Newgirl89

Yesterday was final day of aptitude, hopefully they won’t take too long to come back! How did everyone find it? I personally thought it went terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

Anyone any idea on how many applied?

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea on how many applied?

There was only 6 in the time I was in yesterday

Results out!! How did everyone do?

Hi guys, just wondering anyone who applied this time for student paramedic, did you receive documentation that was handed the day of aptitude back? I’m assuming there was a delay with returning it due to covid but just want to double check

I got mine back the day I went for interview. Due to the the current recruitment campaign being on hold, they might be hanging on to them until the interviews get the go ahead? Complete speculation, obviously.

Any 1 any idea if the panel will be used this year?

Any 1 any idea if the panel will be used this year?

Living in hope of an interview this year 🙈

I got mine back the day I went for interview. Due to the the current recruitment campaign being on hold, they might be hanging on to them until the interviews get the go ahead? Complete speculation, obviously.

That makes sense, it was just at end on email to say had passed aptitude they said they would be sent out by registered post, patiently awaiting interview date 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

My panel went live 20th December 2019, no EOI out yet. I was placed 23rd, hopefully will get a call this year but I heard that the initial panel isn't exhausted yet.

• Advertisement

My panel went live 20th December 2019, no EOI out yet. I was placed 23rd, hopefully will get a call this year but I heard that the initial panel isn't exhausted yet.

And with everything going on can only assume a delay on all sides including current panels... hopefully you will get going this year, your a good number on panel. Out of curiosity when did you apply?

Newgirl89 wrote: »
    And with everything going on can only assume a delay on all sides including current panels... hopefully you will get going this year, your a good number on panel. Out of curiosity when did you apply?
    Early October,, I'm on the list and that's all that matters, the call will come eventually

Early October,, I'm on the list and that's all that matters, the call will come eventually

That’s exactly it! Looking forward to getting an interview date myself now and getting on the list

That’s exactly it! Looking forward to getting an interview date myself now and getting on the list
    Good stuff, I used to record myself giving interview answers and keep practicing going through your examples. If you give me your email address, I can send you on what I had read up on and reviewed.

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anybody with any knowledge/information on the search and rescue units of the coast gaurd winchman/paramedic. I'm on the panel that went live 20 December 2019, I'm hoping if successful on becoming a paramedic to go down this route if possible, hard to find information about it online. Any information would be greatly appreciated from any qualified paramedics on here, or anyone at all.

Expressions of interest out for ballinasloe and tallaght. Anyone know how many are on the original panel

Expressions of interest out for ballinasloe and tallaght. Anyone know how many are on the original panel

We’re you lucky enough to get an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 12Leads

We’re you lucky enough to get an offer?

Tomorrow is the deadline for submitting an expression of interest for the classes, so the offers won't be sent out until after that. At least the ball is rolling again. :)

Anyone been offered a spot yet?

• Advertisement

I put in an expression for Tallaght but didn't get a spot for this class, hopefully next one :)

Advertisement