Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

MadYaker wrote: »
    I doubt it. They are almost as hard to get as gen admission tickets these days. I imagine they’ll sell out instantly whenever they go on sale.

Thanks. Out of 3, campervan, ticket and CV ticket we currently have 1, a campervan! Stress levels will take another fair pounding during the April resale. All part of the Glastonbury craic

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

This is very interesting I will defenitively go!!
    SPQR:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Vampire Weekend apparently self confirmed in an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Rocket lounge / Delux diners bookings are open next weekend for anyone who’s interested

Anyone here ever done it? i think it'd be odd going for a proper 3 course dinner in a restaurant at a festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone here ever done it? i think it'd be odd going for a proper 3 course dinner in a restaurant at a festival

£46, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sister and brother-in-law did it one year - during ELO IIRC - and said staff were off their faces and food was cold. Avoid!

Basq wrote: »
    Sister and brother-in-law did it one year - during ELO IIRC - and said staff were off their faces and food was cold. Avoid!

Ha! I must try getting a job with them next year if I don't get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

I doubt it. They are almost as hard to get as gen admission tickets these days. I imagine they’ll sell out instantly whenever they go on sale.

Made contact with Pilton Hill parking, seemed to be the only offsite parking crew evening offering a waiting list. Tix maybe available after the resale.

Anyone ever park / camp @ Pilton Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

We did it in 2017.. was great craic it’s jot a normal restaurant.. it’s actually good craic as a group .. I thought the same thing before we actually went .. but it actually works really well

• Advertisement

I like chocolate cake:p:p:o

It's hard to believe that Spring is in the air Yahoo........

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Im more a glastonbury growler kinda dude myself ..for anyone who hasnt experienced it yet feast your eyes on google images :)

Im more a glastonbury growler kinda dude myself ..for anyone who hasnt experienced it yet feast your eyes on google images :)

They've thankfully not renewed his traders license. Gone, never to be seen again.

I like cake and sweets

that would be great

The Nal wrote: »
    They've thankfully not renewed his traders license. Gone, never to be seen again.

Emily dont know class when she sees it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

See Weezer are playing Brixton the 29th..

.. nailed on surely? Maybe not but potentially first time they played the farm in 23 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

25% off Irish ferries(Main website) and 25% off stena line here https://www.stenaline.ie/supervalu
    Might be handy for anyone driving over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

usually much cheaper to book just 1 driver, then anyone else as foot passengers at a later date. there's often 1euro foot passenger deals around March/April.
    also worth checking out hotel+ferry package options, can sometime be cheaper than just the ferry. just book 1 night in the cheapest place (a hostel in liverpool last time i checked) and no need to turn up for the accom, ferry is still valid.

• Advertisement

usually much cheaper to book just 1 driver, then anyone else as foot passengers at a later date. there's often 1euro foot passenger deals around March/April.
    also worth checking out hotel+ferry package options, can sometime be cheaper than just the ferry. just book 1 night in the cheapest place (a hostel in liverpool last time i checked) and no need to turn up for the accom, ferry is still valid.

Flights are 40 quid. 35 minute flight. Can rent a car from Bristol for the week for 80 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Good tips chief, nice one.

sure, especially today

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

25% off Irish ferries(Main website) and 25% off stena line here https://www.stenaline.ie/supervalu
    Might be handy for anyone driving over.

Thanks so much for this!! We unfortunately didnt get glasto tickets, even though I'm still stalking this thread. We're going to boomtown instead and just saved ourselves over €100 thanks to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'm starting to get excited about this(my1st Glastonbury). I've been talked into flying as opposed to driving by a veteran. The thoughts of sitting in a car park for hours on the monday before a long drive to holyhead didnt really appeal either.
    I looked at rock werchter and there are a few playing there that I would love to see play. The Cure, The Blaze(who blew me away last september)Paul Kalkbrenner and maybe a bit of New Order if i'm passing whatever stage they play.

declanleo wrote: »
    I'm starting to get excited about this(my1st Glastonbury). I've been talked into flying as opposed to driving by a veteran. The thoughts of sitting in a car park for hours on the monday before a long drive to holyhead didnt really appeal either.
    I looked at rock werchter and there are a few playing there that I would love to see play. The Cure, The Blaze(who blew me away last september)Paul Kalkbrenner and maybe a bit of New Order if i'm passing whatever stage they play.

Oh you lucky lucky lucky bastard. Your first Glastonbury is one of lifes great events.

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh you lucky lucky lucky bastard. Your first Glastonbury is one of lifes great events.

It really is. Unreal experience

declanleo wrote: »
    That veteran gave you very good advice..flying into bristol and coach/drive down is a breeze compared to ferry/driving..if anyone has to do the ferry/drive id recommend breaking it up into 2 days if your not living beside Rosslare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

That veteran gave you very good advice..flying into bristol and coach/drive down is a breeze compared to ferry/driving..if anyone has to do the ferry/drive id recommend breaking it up into 2 days if your not living beside Rosslare.

Really that bad? We're doing it.... towing a trailer tent! Dublin via rosslare

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Really that bad? We're doing it.... towing a trailer tent! Dublin via rosslare

We did it last year in a camper. Dublin to Holyhead. We got the 8pm ferry so arrived to Holyhead around midnight and drove through the night with no traffic. Arrived on site around 6am as we stopped a few times for coffees etc. Its definitely doable. We had a few hours sleep then before getting stuck into the festival :)

Advertisement