Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

cyco wrote: »
    To swap:
    -identiti halo mtb wheels pair. disc hubs and braking surface for vs. perfect condition
    -other bits and pieces ilke handlebars and stuff for anyone interested in the above.

What i'm looking for is a fixey or the parts to build a fixey- frame or back wheel are the main things i need but failing that a decent crankset with oversized external bearings for a mountain bike would be nice too.

what ya what for the halo rims(what hubs are on them)
    have a rear fixie wheel and front. i neeed to true them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

steinone, karma:

The dent is actually too small to photograph -the reason I mention it is that it was hit by a car, so there's a slight chance that there could be more damage under the paint (I'm far too honest for my own good!) -I'm happy for anyone to come and look it over

I'd be happy to get 100 for it, but am open to offers (steinone gets first refusal for asking first!)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

And whats wrong with the bb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

its 4130 steel alloy for paddy wagons i think, it should be fine for steinone.

steinone wrote: »
    And whats wrong with the bb?

Once again it's a case of "I'm not sure".

Basically in the accident, it was hit with enough force to bend the cranks and the chainring. I haven't tried to remove them, so it could be fine and no problem, or there's the chance that it's fuked and you'll have a bitch of a job getting the cranks off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Re: tinyExplosions ANy chance you'd swap paddywagon for any mtb parts/ frame /fork or wheels as i've listed earlier on page 8 of this thread?

Re: Karma I think they're dynatec hubs (havent used them in so long i cant remember) but they are disc hubs. were built by cycleogical... not sure thats a good thing..

I'd happily swap for track wheels- they any use? Could true them myself no bother

Re: tinyExplosions ANy chance you'd swap paddywagon for any mtb parts/ frame /fork or wheels as i've listed earlier on page 8 of this thread?

Re: Karma I think they're dynatec hubs (havent used them in so long i cant remember) but they are disc hubs. were built by cycleogical... not sure thats a good thing..

I'd happily swap for track wheels- they any use? Could true them myself no bother

I'm afraid I don't need another bike! You're welcome to the rear wheel though if you want it, say 20quid (needs truing) -has 15t fixed and freewheel sprockets on it

I'm afraid I don't need another bike! You're welcome to the rear wheel though if you want it, say 20quid (needs truing) -has 15t fixed and freewheel sprockets on it

I'll take it!

steinone's decided not to take the Paddy Wagon due to the question around the BB, so it's open to you Karma if you're still interested, or Cyco if Karma passes.

karma: the wheels have black novatec hubs (i think they're cartridge bearings) with standard q/r axles.

What rims/ hubs on the wheels you're offering? are they just out of true or are rims slightly bent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

To swap:
    -Pair of Hybrid wheels. standard alloy w/o tyres. quick release front. 6speed spin on cassette on rear.

Cyco - I'm looking to replace the wheels on an old 6-speed racer. Are the wheels 700s? And if so, what would you want for them cash-wise since I have relatively little in the way of spares for a fixie conversion?

rflynnr: ye they're 700s alright. i suppose 30-40 quid or something like that seeing as no-one's wanted to swap them fro anything

Also was just looking through my shed and I also have a unicycle that will never ever be used again if i dont get rid of it. It's a 24" wheel half fixie.

still looking for a fixie frame/ fork if there's anything going

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Cyco,

Should have asked this first time round - do you know what brand of wheels they are (I'm not looming for anything special, just curious)? And: what sort of condition are they in? Would they need trueing at all?

they're in good condition. Should be perfectly true. Bearings are pretty smooth. They're unbranded wheels taken off a giant hybrid. They were taken off to upgrade to mavic wheels. Nothing actually wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Abstract Prude

Hey, I have a 2005 Kona Hahanna, bought new in summer 2006
    excellent condition, never really used off road, just for commuting. I'm looking to trade it for a good steel road bike, 80's or 90's. with horizontal rear drop outs. Or a converted fixie or single speed. Any offers considered. Please pm me. Thanks

forgot to mention that its the 22" kona. I'm looking for a large enough bike too, consider anything from 58 to 62cm

tumbleweed_004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

That must be a terrible rough area ,they robbed the bike before you got a chance to take the picture :p

Paddy Wagon and wheel now gone... hurrah!

And built up and out for first spin 11 o clock lastnight! great bike muchos gracias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

I have a frame and headset of this model:
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ko/kona-caldera-2005-mountain-bike.jpg

I have a 21inch, so you'd want to be at least 6ft tall (or 184cm in Euro-speak). Would suit someone up to 6ft 4 max I'd say. Perfect for someone looking to build a spare MTB or first timer trying to put something together to see if they like the sport. It is a nice light frame and very stiff. My guess is it's around the 1.7kg mark, no more. It is made of Scandium.

The headset is in fairly good condition. Bearings aren't too bad, they are clean and freshly greased. There was no real roughness in it before I disassembled it a month ago.

The frame has the usual scratches from the usual cable rubbing, but no structural damage. It has served me well. I used it for two winters and little bit of summer riding.

Make an offer.... anything considered. Seriously.

However, if someone is willing to give me €130 (or close to it), I can throw in a new Bottom Bracket for which I paid €85 a month ago (It's the 113mm axle for this frame). You'll need a b/b anyway when you assemble it - this is a good one that I bought for it (before I unexpectedly ended up buying a different frame.)

Can drop the price by a several euros if someone is quick to take it off me. Dublin 15 area. Can deliver it to someone within a reasonable radius or meet up somewhere if you can't make it out this way (or can't find your way around D15).

I am also willing to swap for a 56cm or a 57cm cyclocross frame, or a size that would suit someone just under 6ft... any make or age considered.

PM me if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Looking for a sensor mounting bracket for a Cateye Velo computer.

The one I have in the picture has a broken clamp arm and so can't be attached to a fork.

If anyone has a spare part from a broken/defunct cateye set PM me please. I don't know what I can offer in the way of a trade but I'm sure something can be worked out.

The picture shows the sensor (bottom) and the plastic mounting that comes with it (top)

MountingBracket.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Dirk,
    I have an old one from a Mity. Dunno if it will work with the Velo. You can have it for free - collect from City Centre. Will check at home tonight. PM with the exact spec of what you want. The thing that attaches the sensor to the fork?

Garo, thanks for that you are a gent! I've highlighted the part in the Mity instructions below, seems to be the same part. They call it the "sensor rubber pad". Yeah, its just the part for attaching the sensor to the fork.

SensorRubberPad.JPG

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Collumbo wrote: »
    I have a frame and headset of this model:
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ko/kona-caldera-2005-mountain-bike.jpg

I have a 21inch, so you'd want to be at least 6ft tall (or 184cm in Euro-speak). Would suit someone up to 6ft 4 max I'd say. Perfect for someone looking to build a spare MTB or first timer trying to put something together to see if they like the sport. It is a nice light frame and very stiff. My guess is it's around the 1.7kg mark, no more. It is made of Scandium.

The headset is in fairly good condition. Bearings aren't too bad, they are clean and freshly greased. There was no real roughness in it before I disassembled it a month ago.

The frame has the usual scratches from the usual cable rubbing, but no structural damage. It has served me well. I used it for two winters and little bit of summer riding.

Make an offer.... anything considered. Seriously.

However, if someone is willing to give me €130 (or close to it), I can throw in a new Bottom Bracket for which I paid €85 a month ago (It's the 113mm axle for this frame). You'll need a b/b anyway when you assemble it - this is a good one that I bought for it (before I unexpectedly ended up buying a different frame.)

Can drop the price by a several euros if someone is quick to take it off me. Dublin 15 area. Can deliver it to someone within a reasonable radius or meet up somewhere if you can't make it out this way (or can't find your way around D15).

I am also willing to swap for a 56cm or a 57cm cyclocross frame, or a size that would suit someone just under 6ft... any make or age considered.

PM me if anyone is interested.

€85 for a bottom bracket? put some pics up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Anyone have any road bike brakes? My current ones seem a bit pants, they just pull in from one side effectively. It'd be nice to have ones with cartridges as well for swapping out the brake pad

I have my ex-Ridley ones, "4ZA" brakes. They are ok, black dual pivot calipers, a few months old.

If you're interested let me know and we can work something out.

EDIT: Just took a picture there. I can clean them up.

p1010017fr1.jpg
    w640.png

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭souter

As advertised on this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055435961&highlight=worst+tyres+ever

Not a great endorsement but I think my problem was a wheel/tyre compatability issue so caveat emptor.

Only 10k on them!

Will give these away gratis to anyone who can get to Dublin 3, though some 25c tubes or any old 32c *clincher* tyres would go some way to assuage the torment these tyres have caused me.

Does reverse psychology work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Quick release f0r a rear shiman0 wheel f0r free f0r wh0ever picks it up. N0t w0rth much but s0meb0dy might use it. I'm in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Bike parts clearout;

1) KONA Paddy Wagon Frameset 56cm:
    Tubing - Dedacciai COM 12.5 Butted Cromoly,
    Includes the following:
    Frame, Fork, Bottom Bracket, Headset, Seat Clamp

2) New - Fixie bullbar handlebars, silver with aero brake levers, bartape & cables - €40

3) New - Pair of black deep section fixie wheels, good quality hubs, high flange hubs, hollow axles, rear hub threaded both sides - €120

4) New - Retro black leather saddle, like brooks swallow, black - €50

5) New - Silver stem 12cm - €15, suit Aheadset 1 1/8", for 31.8 bars

6) New - Seatpost, 27.2mm - €15

7) New - Dual pivot brake calipers (pair) - €30

8) New - Sugino messenger crankset, 46 teeth - €100

9) New - KMC Gold Chain 1/8" with hollow links - €15

All of the new parts are from a Giant Bowery 84 which was stripped down to the bare frame when purchased new for a fixie project that Im doing.

I also have a brand new pair of Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels, shimano freehub, suitable for 9 / 10 speed. looking for €250 for these.

Oh and last thing, I have some sets of high quality Ritchey drop bars WCS type, triple butted 46cm and various 12 cm stems to suit, a few seatposts 27.2 and also some new shimano 105 and ultegra chains.

Most of these parts are over on Adverts and the links are here:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=85794&cat=52

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=85810&cat=52

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=85670&cat=52

Advertisement