Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Jeff Bezos was U.S. President...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭its_steve116

iamstop wrote: »
    I, for one, will welcome our new tech geek overlord!

Sir! Yes sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Icaras wrote: »
    Coup in Bolivia, assassination of Iranian general?

His administration has also been extremely hostile towards Venezuela and has undermined the peace process in neighbouring Colombia. No new war, just a refusal to help an old one end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Alexa would be the First Lady.

White House would be full of boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Donald J Trump is many things but thank god he is not a tech nerd. Bezo's can try to rebrand himself as a 'super villain' all he wants, he is a lame bald tech geek

What's lame about him? He's a very successful businessman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Jeff Bezos has more power where he is then he would ever have as U.S president. Why would he ever consider the presidency?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Alexa would be the First Lady.

White House would be full of boxes.

It would be just like having Bill Clinton back in the white house.

jester77 wrote: »
    Bezos and Trump are business men, neither would know anything about running a country. They should stick to running their business empires.

Who was the last U.S president that knew anything about running a country?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Who was the last U.S president that knew anything about running a country?

All past presidents knew at least a little. The present incumbent makes them all look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Amazon Prime [TV] tax for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Impossible to say really, but he comes across as being a decent fella, unsure if he'd be interested in changing the current monopolising position of major corporations though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If Bezos were POTUS all the jobs would be in China.

biko wrote: »
    If Bezos were POTUS all the jobs would be in China.

ah i doubt that, he d have far less americans using his services then, they might all be working with low wages in warehouses though, armed to the teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

...would life be any different than it is under The Donald?

Aside from hearing about him everyday, Trump taking power after Obama made absolutely no difference to my life. Just like 99% of people here. I'm willing to bet that it would be the same should Bezos move to DC.

ranto_boy wrote: »
    Aside from hearing about him everyday, Trump taking power after Obama made absolutely no difference to my life. Just like 99% of people here. I'm willing to bet that it would be the same should Bezos move to DC.

its not true actually

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    its not true actually

Stock market gains/loses in my pension fund will average out over the next few decades.

Assuming you're not American, if I had control of your phone, PC and telly and I could somehow change the daily news to indicate Hillary won in 2016, you would not experience the slightest difference to your life.

ranto_boy wrote: »
    Stock market gains/loses in my pension fund will average out over the next few decades.

Assuming you're not American, if I had control of your phone, PC and telly and I could somehow change the daily news to indicate Hillary won in 2016, you would not experience the slightest difference to your life.

globally, some of all human critical needs, have become far more unstable, unpredictable, and frankly, just damn dangerous, since this administration was 'voted' in

Advertisement