Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange/eccentric work colleagues

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Zebrag wrote: »
    I currently work with a woman who genuinely believes the company will shut down if it wasn't for herself.

If you're that lucky sod that got landed on the same table with her for lunch, be sure to walk away knowing her family background and why her daughter in law is now her ex daughter in law, Why her husband and ex husband don't talk to each other and why her grand-children should be in the smarter classes in school (?)

She is on the same pay roll as me and we have the same contract so nothing more or nothing less is expected from us but she's one of those people that she will somehow make her role important. Honestly it amazes me how she makes a piece of paper seem so interesting when the words haven't moved all day and it's the same pieace of paper she has been holding all...day....long.

She isn't a supervisor, a manager or anything above or below me and has tried to direct me on how to do my job which is fine if I asked but I'm in the same company nearly 10 years and she only started 3 years ago so my days of learning and wanting to expand my career is long gone. I'm more than happy to do the bare minium, get paid and off I go. Think The Office but in the form of Retail.

It's not that she's eccentric but I think she doesn't have much of a life outside of work so she gets all the hours she can and pretty much runs around the shop. It's sad but at the same time she really doesn't help herself whatsoever

Yea I worked with a similar bag who was on the same pay grade as most, very quick to exercise her deluded sense of self appointed authority but just as quick to shirk any responsibility when it suited.

Advertisement