Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Season 12 and AS5 (apparently) will be filming this year but won't be on telly until next year hopefully. All we will get this year is Drag Race UK hopefully. Drag Race fatigue has definitely set in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Delighted for Yvie, and frankly for the show. After what felt like a long season of pretty inexplicable decisions from Ru, he did us right in the end. I was struck honestly by just how superior Yvie seemed to the others, particularly Brooke as I hadn't expected that.

The mirror headpiece is a look for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I was fascinated at how terrified Silky looked. She chose someone she knew would beat her I reckon, so she didn't have to deal with the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I was fascinated at how terrified Silky looked. She chose someone she knew would beat her I reckon, so she didn't have to deal with the rest of it.

Yes that struck me too. Was like a totally different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

I don’t think so, she’s friends with Akeria and Yvie was leading the polls a lot heading into the final.

Or it’s rigged so they could have another Brooke yvie lip sync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's UK one like?

Not bad, rather funny and I have to say I enjoyed it.

Oh, and as it is on the BBC, there is no cash prize. The winner of each week's challenge gets a badge (no, seriously) and the grand prize for the winner is their own YouTube show on WoW Presents (no, seriously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Not just any badge, a RuPeter badge!

I love how British it is. The queen that came in quoting Kat Slater and the other queen that did Kim Woodburn had me cackling. I hope we get a snatch game full of similar.

Hrududu wrote: »

I love how British it is. The queen that came in quoting Kat Slater and the other queen that did Kim Woodburn had me cackling. I hope we get a snatch game full of similar.

Might actually know who the feck the 'celebrities' they're meant to be impersonating actually are!!!
    I have to admit, I thought it was decent but I really really cannot stand Scaredy Kat. To come in to Drag Race without ever performing in drag or even actually attending a drag show is a disgrace if you ask me. Ok, yeah, he applied and made it in, but he's clearly never supported drag or even learned about his local scene if he's never attended a show. As someone who does drag (as a king) it has really aggravated me. Plus the whole 'baby queen' thing was incredibly irritating.

I love Baga Chips personally. And definitely the right queen left first. You could tell she wasn't used to performing all that much. So much of drag being able to engage an audience is being forgotten about in search of 'look', but that goes to show you that you need the charisma as well as the make up skills. Perhaps even moreso. I'll happily watch a drag performer who maybe doesn't look great but who is a great performer far quicker than the other way around.

Hrududu wrote: »

The best!

I became a TOTAL SLAG

Was wondering about the prize money because the challenge winner didn’t get any....scauldy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Hope The Vivenne wins!

Who else.could it be?

Hunchback wrote: »
    Hope The Vivenne wins!

Who else.could it be?

Divina is my winner I absolutely adore her

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I wanted Viv to win at the start, but the attitude is really 'too cool for school' for me at the moment. So I hope there's a dish of humble pie incoming.

Definitely think Crystal is the dark horse, find her dead pan humour and looks to be great. And someone who has surprised me is definitely Baga - growing to really like her now. I don't really understand where all the Vinegar hype has come from, she's not really slaying anything.

All in all I'm really enjoying the season so far. And agree with points above - the whole 'I've never performed' or gone to gay nights etc. is getting real old.

I'm absolutely loving this season. Way more than any of the more recent US ones. I just think they've gotten such a bunch of quick witted queens. The most recent episode with the girl groups had me laughing from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RuPaul's Drag Race UK renewed for season 2

Good. It’s great so far!

Drag Race Season 13 casting call announced. We haven't even seen the cast for Season 12 yet, and we have All Stars 5 and Drag Race UK Season 2 coming as well. There's gonna be a lot of Drag Race over the next year!

Are we watching? What are we thinking?

So far I'm all about Jan, but its early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Liking it so far. Which I'm glad about because I couldn't get into the last season. I like Jan too- Sherry Pie also seems like a front runner at the moment so I don't know how they're going to get rid of her as the season progresses!

I'm assuming everyone has heard about Sherry Pie and the controversy? It has been revealed online how far she makes it in the competition if you look for it. I only imagine the editors are frantically re-editing episodes to cut down on the number of confessionals and camera time she unnecessarily gets so they don't look like they are pushing her too much, which was probably their intention prior to all of this mess coming out about her.

• Advertisement

You can see thats happening.
    In the last episode there wasn't that much of her despite her being the challenge winner, they clearly edited some of her scenes and then didnt give out the same amount of praise you'd expect to hear for the winner

Yes, I have read online that, depending on what TV channel or streaming service you watched the episode on, some had different edits where her confessionals and general camera time were vastly reduced whilst some just showed the original unedited episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

It seems it's more of a case that one version is more edited than the other, rather than it airing as originally intended. The less edited version is on Netflix, but she's still not featured very much given how important she was to the episode.

I've noticed too in the WOW produced shows like Photo Fashion RuView and Pit Stop they're just flat out not remotely talking about her.

I don't know if she will blame the 'edit' or whatever, but Brita comes across very poorly at this stage in Untucked. And they need to lay off Aiden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Hunchback wrote:
    I don't know if she will blame the 'edit' or whatever, but Brita comes across very poorly at this stage in Untucked. And they need to lay off Aiden
    Where can i find untucked? It was on Netflix as well last season but not now.

Netflix are bizarrely not adding Untucked for S12 until after the entire season is finished...

Anyway, it's easily available online if you just search for it on the usual sites, like Reddit etc.

I understand their decision to cut a lot of Sherry Pie in the edit, but it makes for a weird viewing experience. Most episodes I forget she's there, then at the end its all "The winner is Sherry Pie"

Hunchback wrote: »

Since I last posted this, Bob and Monet discussed some very questionable tweets from Aiden's twitter back in 2009 and 2010. The sort of tweets that will see Aiden be cancelled. Transphobic and using the 'n' word a lot. Some will make the argument that it was a long time ago and that he was young, but I'd say he's toast as far as a career in drag goes.

And Brita tweeted some of the racist messages and death threats that she has received. It really shocks me that that people would send such hate filled messages to people they don't know. We need some cosmic justice dished out somehow. People who send death threats from behind a keyboard need to receive instant justice somehow. gaahhhhhhh!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I definitely think that win was deliberately controversial to stir up more drama...
    Also, look, I was rooting for Heidi in that lipsync, but Brita did it better. The show's engineering is too obvious.

Advertisement