Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last Week's Top Five Queries (21.09.2020 - 27.09.2020)

Options
  • 28-09-2020 2:32pm
    Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep

1. I’m awaiting correspondence from Irish Water, can you look into this please?

Please PM us with your full name, address, contact number and more details of your query. A member of our team will look into this for you.

2. Is Irish Water responsible for internal pipework and systems?

Irish Water is responsible for the public water and wastewater network. Please see this link. Pipework and systems used on private property would fall outside of our remit.

We would recommend that homeowners always abide by planning regulations and hire qualified contractors if conducting any works.

3. Can businesses remove water from a stand pipe? 

Irish Water are currently putting a licencing process in place for Stand Pipe usage. It will be rolled out countrywide in the near future. Please see Here for updates and please contact our commercial line on 1850 778 778 if you have further queries.

4. There is a public main running through a house which I have purchased, and I want to extend my property. Is this permitted? 

Sewer and drainage connections fall under the remit of the individual landowner and may be moved in line with building regulations. However, the exception to this rule is if there is a public main running through the property under the remit of Irish Water. You should have a Way Leave Agreement and the relevant documentation should have been received along with the deed of the property. Queries in relation to the diversions of public mains on private property can be directed to diversions@water.ie and our Diversions Team will be able to assist you further.

5. The sewer pipes at a house in my area are causing blockages for myself and my neighbours. Can you help?

If this matter related to a public sewer main, please send us a PM with the following details and we can assist. 

- Your name;
    - The full address; &
    - Your contact number

However, if this matter related to a shared sewer connection on private property, we recommend that you consult with the property owner and have a private plumbing company investigate this further.

Advertisement