Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Calendar 2020

• 24-09-2020 9:36am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a beauty advent calendar this year?
    I loved M&S one when I got it last year, but are there any others which should be considered?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I’ve been thinking about the Look Fantastic one. I never know what’s in them, I just like opening the boxes every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

M&S not doing theirs this year. Saw on on asos but its a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

Got the No.7 one from Boots last year and thought it was pretty good.. only €50 too.. some of the others are mad money

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Anyone ever bought the Charlotte Tilbury one? Got the MAC one last year but didn't use a lot of it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Got the No.7 one from Boots last year and thought it was pretty good.. only €50 too.. some of the others are mad money

Yes No. 7 is always good value imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

Ive pre ordered the look fantastic one, got it last year and really liked it so hoping this years one will be as good

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Same. It looks good.

ams wrote: »
    M&S not doing theirs this year. Saw on on asos but its a bit meh.

I'm gutted over this. Got theirs last year and loved it, it was cruelty free. If anyone has any recommendations for cruelty free ones this year I'd be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Does anyone know if the lookfantastic one is likely to become available again? It seems a lot of the good ones are already sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Can anyone recommend any for guys?

Are there mens advent calenders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭dee_mc

ASOS did one last year that seemed to go down well. They're doing one again this year - it's included in this nice rundown
    https://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/2020090896814/best-mens-advent-calendars-2020/

Irish companies don't seem to have jumped on the Advent calendar bandwagon unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Clarins have a mens calendar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I couldn't decide this year so I've ordered both the glossybox and the birchbox. I've watched some unboxings on YouTube so know what's in the glossybox and it looks really good this year. No unboxings available yet for birchbox but I got it last year and loved it. I know glossybox is sold out already but not sure about birchbox. If I was to pick from the rest I'd probably go for the elle magazine one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hi all

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why M&S would drop such a product? My wife loves it. I'd love to know what the commercial basis for the decision is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I have seen those at the Body Shop and they look really nice, I think they have got decent sizes product too.
    As far as I recall, they are cruelty free.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Just got the no 7 one. I've never bought one of these before, do people actually open one door each day? I just want to tear it all open now :)

dmm82 wrote: »
    Just got the no 7 one. I've never bought one of these before, do people actually open one door each day? I just want to tear it all open now :)

I always open them one door at a time. It takes will power though :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Lots of willpower, but yes, 1 a day. I also try not spoil myself with unboxings found online. The anticipation is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I have already opened it all, couldn't resist! Very impressed with it :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ive ordered the Look Fantastic one, will do it a day at a time and kids have their own age appropriate ones. Picked up the boots one today for my mam. Boots are doing a Ted Baker one that looks nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I ended up getting the Holland and Barrett beauty calendar, it's huge and cost 45 €, mainly natural products which I like. L'Occitane seem to do nice calendars too.

miezekatze wrote: »
    I ended up getting the Holland and Barrett beauty calendar, it's huge and cost 45 €, mainly natural products which I like. L'Occitane seem to do nice calendars too.

I've seen an unboxing of the Holland and Barrett one. It's very good this year

• Registered Users Posts: 84,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I ordered the glossybox and lookfantastic calendars back in September. Money taken from my account in November. I haven’t received either of them.

Looking on LF’s Instagram and Twitter pages and there’s loads of people in the same boat. One person received theirs but lots of boxes were empty and some were duplicate days (2 x day 5).

Has everyone who ordered on here received theirs?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My LF arrived last Friday Strawberry, I’m opening day at a time (well smallies are opening for me). I had murder with LF over it, ordered 19th September! Told them if it hadn’t arrived by 1sr December I’d do a chargeback with the bank, what good is an advent calendar of it doesn’t arrive in time! Hoping now there isn’t bits missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

I ordered the glossybox and lookfantastic calendars back in September. Money taken from my account in November. I haven’t received either of them.

Looking on LF’s Instagram and Twitter pages and there’s loads of people in the same boat. One person received theirs but lots of boxes were empty and some were duplicate days (2 x day 5).

Has everyone who ordered on here received theirs?

Same here - still waiting for the Glossybox one. Also ordered the Grooming box for the husband in October and nothing yet too.

Was onto Customer services who are "checking with the warehouse" :mad:

I’ve just gotten email from LF saying they’ve added £40 to my account due to delays! Even though I have it! Nice one.
    Happy day,! Just checked and they have!

I got the 40 credit. Still haven’t got the calendars though. :(

I’m waiting for glossybox to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

Still waiting for my lookfantastic one, they are looking into it 🙄

• Advertisement

I got my glossybox one this morning. Really disappointing that they weren't all out on time. Orders were placed in September so there's really no excuse

Advertisement