Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky in apartments

• 15-10-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Someone help please!

I live in an apartment and have had sky for quite some time, but I recently upgraded to Sky+HD, which was fine. Only thing is that I cannot record a different channel to the one I am watching. A bit of a drawback. Apparently there is only feed coming into the apartment.......anyone with any ideas as to what I can do to be able to watch one channel and record something else? Also any ideas if multi room is a possibility?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

sheero_103 wrote: »
    Someone help please!

I live in an apartment and have had sky for quite some time, but I recently upgraded to Sky+HD, which was fine. Only thing is that I cannot record a different channel to the one I am watching. A bit of a drawback. Apparently there is only feed coming into the apartment.......anyone with any ideas as to what I can do to be able to watch one channel and record something else? Also any ideas if multi room is a possibility?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Get a second feed wired in..

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Hylus83

Does any other room in your apartment have a cable/satellite feed? If so, you would need the original installer to run a satellite signal via that second feed to your sky box, to allow you to view another channel or record two things at once.

That's how it's setup in my apartment block. There was only one central cable feeding the living room & another in a bedroom. They used the feed to the bedroom as the second feed & ran a cable to the living room.

Call your installer. If you're in Dublin, it will likely have been KBO who installed it in your block.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lashed4ever

Yeah you need another wire feed from the dish, you more than likely have a quad LNB which means there should still be 3 holes beside the wire coming out of the dish just need to run the same wire into the back of your Box :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Hylus83 wrote: »
    Does any other room in your apartment have a cable/satellite feed? If so, you would need the original installer to run a satellite signal via that second feed to your sky box, to allow you to view another channel or record two things at once.

That's how it's setup in my apartment block. There was only one central cable feeding the living room & another in a bedroom. They used the feed to the bedroom as the second feed & ran a cable to the living room.

Call your installer. If you're in Dublin, it will likely have been KBO who installed it in your block.

Not really, most complexes these days have an independent installer to maintain the system. Getting more connections are dependent on the initial communal setup. Most non optic cable setups only have one sat cable in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sheero_103

There is only one central feed in the living room, there is just a standard tv socket in the bedroom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement