Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metal Tealight Holder to attach to light wood

• 10-07-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I am looking for metal tealight holders to attach to light wood with small nuts. The wood is too light to screw to.

The tealight holder would be at the end of a small arm that would pass through a small hole in the wood that could be secured with a nut on either side.

Has anyone seen like this?

Rgds,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

I'm not totally sure if I get what you're trying to do but maybe it's something you could fabricate yourself with brass rod, cut treads for the nuts with a tap and die kit and attach the tea-light cup to the other end with a rivet or something. B&Q sells brass rod and you can get tea-light cups here: https://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/tealight-cup/p1380

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or you could use Sugru.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Rolllo wrote: »
    I'm not totally sure if I get what you're trying to do but maybe it's something you could fabricate yourself with brass rod, cut treads for the nuts with a tap and die kit and attach the tea-light cup to the other end with a rivet or something. B&Q sells brass rod and you can get tea-light cups here: https://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/tealight-cup/p1380

Brilliant !!

Thank you. This is exactly what I'm looking for. And all the better that it is in brass.

This is for a piece of furniture that I am making as a pressie for my wife & I wanted 2 candles / tealights coming from it, as you would have on the old pianos for reading the sheet music.

Thank you.

Advertisement