Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-12-2010, 17:17   #1
howtomake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,022
1st dip in the sea in 2011

Just wondering when most people are going back into the waters around Ireland, not necessarily for diving.

I have to be in Dublin bay on the morning of the 1st in snorkel gear. Not really looking forward to it, and I'm not wearing a weight belt, hate to wear one in murky water when snorkeling. I'm just going to be a brat about.
howtomake is offline  
Advertisement
01-01-2011, 03:16   #2
Riamfada
Moderator
 
Riamfada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,641
March ... SDW....Cant wait for my weeks holiday in Connemara.
Riamfada is offline  
01-01-2011, 09:42   #3
d4v1d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 123
i can't wait for next monday (3rd jan) as i intend to dive hook head. i've not been in the water in about 4 months and really looking forward to getting wet.
d4v1d is offline  
Thanks from:
01-01-2011, 16:36   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 138
Dived earlier this afternoon. Conditions grand, viz zero...
Paddy Diver is offline  
02-01-2011, 19:15   #5
howtomake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
March ... SDW....Cant wait for my weeks holiday in Connemara.
Yep March it will be for us to, for some actual diving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v1d View Post
i can't wait for next monday (3rd jan) as i intend to dive hook head. i've not been in the water in about 4 months and really looking forward to getting wet.
Hook Head, yes must check that out this year. Planning on visiting as many sites as possible around Ireland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy Diver View Post
Dived earlier this afternoon. Conditions grand, viz zero...
Yeah viz was so so for snorkelling in Sandycove, wasn't the worst but still without being on the bottom like in diving, I get claustrophobic in water where I have no point of reference (oh and feeling quite out of shape w/ sea fins didn't help). Need to conquer this!
howtomake is offline  
Advertisement
04-01-2011, 13:28   #6
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomake View Post
, I get claustrophobic in water where I have no point of reference (oh and feeling quite out of shape w/ sea fins didn't help). Need to conquer this!
Keep at it and you'll win
Paddy Diver is offline  
Thanks from:
08-01-2011, 20:58   #7
meat bomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Of those brave souls who've already started, wet suit or dry? I'm considering next weekend to launch the new year, but is it still too cold for wetsuits?
meat bomb is offline  
08-01-2011, 22:13   #8
Benny-c
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Benny-c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomake View Post
Just wondering when most people are going back into the waters around Ireland, not necessarily for diving.

I have to be in Dublin bay on the morning of the 1st in snorkel gear. Not really looking forward to it, and I'm not wearing a weight belt, hate to wear one in murky water when snorkeling. I'm just going to be a brat about.
What do you mean 'back in the waters' some of us havent stopped
Benny-c is offline  
09-01-2011, 12:41   #9
d4v1d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat bomb View Post
Of those brave souls who've already started, wet suit or dry? I'm considering next weekend to launch the new year, but is it still too cold for wetsuits?
i went in semi-dry so i was nice and toasty but another person went in a wet suit. he didn't have any issue with the cold in the water but it was damned chilly getting out and changed!

we also kept the dive very shallow, 10m max depth, and only did a single dive as we had a newbie with us.
d4v1d is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet