Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-12-2010, 17:17   #1
howtomake

1st dip in the sea in 2011

Just wondering when most people are going back into the waters around Ireland, not necessarily for diving.

I have to be in Dublin bay on the morning of the 1st in snorkel gear. Not really looking forward to it, and I'm not wearing a weight belt, hate to wear one in murky water when snorkeling. I'm just going to be a brat about.
Advertisement
01-01-2011, 03:16   #2
Riamfada

March ... SDW....Cant wait for my weeks holiday in Connemara.
01-01-2011, 09:42   #3
d4v1d

i can't wait for next monday (3rd jan) as i intend to dive hook head. i've not been in the water in about 4 months and really looking forward to getting wet.
Thanks from:
01-01-2011, 16:36   #4

Dived earlier this afternoon. Conditions grand, viz zero...
02-01-2011, 19:15   #5
howtomake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
March ... SDW....Cant wait for my weeks holiday in Connemara.
Yep March it will be for us to, for some actual diving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v1d View Post
i can't wait for next monday (3rd jan) as i intend to dive hook head. i've not been in the water in about 4 months and really looking forward to getting wet.
Hook Head, yes must check that out this year. Planning on visiting as many sites as possible around Ireland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy Diver View Post
Dived earlier this afternoon. Conditions grand, viz zero...
Yeah viz was so so for snorkelling in Sandycove, wasn't the worst but still without being on the bottom like in diving, I get claustrophobic in water where I have no point of reference (oh and feeling quite out of shape w/ sea fins didn't help). Need to conquer this!
Advertisement
04-01-2011, 13:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomake View Post
, I get claustrophobic in water where I have no point of reference (oh and feeling quite out of shape w/ sea fins didn't help). Need to conquer this!
Keep at it and you'll win
Thanks from:
08-01-2011, 20:58   #7
meat bomb

Of those brave souls who've already started, wet suit or dry? I'm considering next weekend to launch the new year, but is it still too cold for wetsuits?
08-01-2011, 22:13   #8
Benny-c
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomake View Post
Just wondering when most people are going back into the waters around Ireland, not necessarily for diving.

I have to be in Dublin bay on the morning of the 1st in snorkel gear. Not really looking forward to it, and I'm not wearing a weight belt, hate to wear one in murky water when snorkeling. I'm just going to be a brat about.
What do you mean 'back in the waters' some of us havent stopped
09-01-2011, 12:41   #9
d4v1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat bomb View Post
Of those brave souls who've already started, wet suit or dry? I'm considering next weekend to launch the new year, but is it still too cold for wetsuits?
i went in semi-dry so i was nice and toasty but another person went in a wet suit. he didn't have any issue with the cold in the water but it was damned chilly getting out and changed!

we also kept the dive very shallow, 10m max depth, and only did a single dive as we had a newbie with us.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion