Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-05-2013, 01:00   #46
skafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourName View Post

The IUSRU are looking for new members to join our team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of helping others when they need us most. To be a member of this unit you need to be an outgoing person who isn't afraid of getting their hands dirty to get a job done, you need to be energetic with a will to succeed in any given goal you are given, dedication is a must with a busy training schedule and the ever increasing amount of call-outs we receive along with fundraising etc. and overall you need to be good natured and share the goal of giving something back. If this sounds like you then get in touch as we are sure to have a section that would be suited to you, no experience necessary ! !, you could be working in any of the areas below:

- Search and Recovery Scuba Diving

- Side-scan Sonar Operation

- Shore Support

- Boat Coxswain

- Fundraising

- Equipment Maintenance

and many more, the unit requires all calibre of individual who want to donate their time to the IUSRU.

If you would like to find out more or request an application pack please contact us through info@iusru.ie

You can like us on facebook here : http://tinylink.net/57822
Can you provide more information: where are you based, minimum skills required, expected time commitment etc?

Ta
Advertisement
19-05-2013, 23:45   #47
rj087

Scuba Diving Clubs South Dublin

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good scuba club in south Dublin for a beginner?? I did a try dive about two years ago and absolutely loved it. I'd like to do a training course but i'm not even sure of the different courses available or where to begin! Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Rebecca

Last edited by rj087; 19-05-2013 at 23:54.
20-05-2013, 00:00   #48

Oceandivers
20-05-2013, 11:04   #49
raouls

There are two main choices open to you, if you plan to dive mainly at home then joining a CFT club might be best as (I believe) they train you as you go for the annual membership fee.
Alternativly if you think you'll be more likely to dive abroad than at home then PADI might offer a better option as it is more 'pay as you go' with no membership fees.
For CFT clubs, there are a number posts here with details or you can check out
www.diving.ie
For PADI you can check out www.padi.com however you have Oceandivers in south Dublin or Dive Inn Scuba in north Dublin.

Best of luck and enjoy.
09-09-2013, 23:28   #50
Mr Grumpy

Any other BSAC clubs in Dublin area - other than DUSAC who have restrictions on membership. Thanks
Advertisement
05-01-2015, 18:17   #51
bikeblue

Would you like to try a free dive night with Dundalk Sub Aqua Club on Tuesday 6th January?

What do I need to try a dive?

-> All you need is swimming costume, hat and a towel.

Where and when does the dive taking place?

-> Tuesday 6th of January @ 7.30 p.m. in the Aura swimming pool Dundalk.
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2015, 13:09   #52
MoistNSquishy

Club name: Dive Academy Lahinch
Association (CFT/PADI/Other): padi
Membership Fees: From 20 euro.
Equipment needed to join: Swimmming Togs.

We train kids from 8+ years to 80 years. We are also qualified to offer dive training and an unforgettable experience for people with special needs and/or disabilites. We offer transport to and from dive-sites. After the dive, you have access to our Sauna, Steamroom, Jacuzzi, Heated Showers and changing rooms. Training takes place in our pool and our 3 meter deep ocean tank before departing to the open sea. All Gear is provided. Kids lessons run for a total of 5 lessons spread over 5 weeks at 20euro per 1&1/2 hour lesson. We offer beautiful diving, calm relaxed training and comfrort. We look after all the hard work while you get to Dive and unwind.
Contact Us: +353 (0) 85 725 7260
diveacademy.info@ gmail.com
www. diveacademy. info/
23-09-2015, 12:37   #53
yankinlk

One season closes and another begins...

All Clubs across the country are starting to head back to the pool and accept new trainees for the 2016 season... more info here:

http://diving.ie/national-try-dive/

http://diving.ie/join
30-09-2015, 17:42   #54
bikeblue

Would you like to try a dive with Dundalk Sub Aqua Club on Wednesday 14th October?

What do I need to try a dive?

-> All you need is swimming costume, hat and a towel.

Where and when does the dive taking place?

-> Wednesday 14th of October @ 7 pm till 9 pm in the Aura swimming pool Dundalk.

see for our nice flyer on our facebook page

Last edited by bikeblue; 30-09-2015 at 17:48.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-11-2015, 22:12   #55
piperflyer

Waterford Harbour Sub Aqua Club is having an information and free Try a Dive night on Friday the 11th of December. Held at Waterford Crystal Pool. Contact George 0863525773

We are always looking increase our membership. Our scuba diving course begins January 2016
Thanks from:
09-09-2017, 05:33   #56
yankinlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
One season closes and another begins...

All Clubs across the country are starting to head back to the pool and accept new trainees for the 2016 season... more info here:

http://diving.ie/national-try-dive/

http://diving.ie/join
Here we go again . Back teaching new trainee divers this month.
(2) thanks from:
04-07-2018, 19:52   #57
cheops

Hey,

I'm looking to join a friendly active club in North Dublin. !'ve been on the CFT website but its hard to gauge the level of activity or equipment of clubs from the links. I'm a dived up autonomous grade diver. Can anyone recommend an active club that would be open to new members? (PM's welcome
05-07-2018, 15:55   #58
Meanaspie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheops View Post
Hey,

I'm looking to join a friendly active club in North Dublin. !'ve been on the CFT website but its hard to gauge the level of activity or equipment of clubs from the links. I'm a dived up autonomous grade diver. Can anyone recommend an active club that would be open to new members? (PM's welcome
The biggest northside club I think is Portmarnock. The other two that spring to mind are Aquatec (they're affiliated to DIT so you may need to be alumni to join) and Omega. Can't vouch for activity or equipment of any of them though.

If you fancy making to short trek to the southside to a club that dive 3 days a week, and have equipment up there with the best of them give me a shout (plenty of our members are northside based)
06-07-2018, 07:35   #59
cheops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanaspie View Post
The biggest northside club I think is Portmarnock. The other two that spring to mind are Aquatec (they're affiliated to DIT so you may need to be alumni to join) and Omega. Can't vouch for activity or equipment of any of them though.

If you fancy making to short trek to the southside to a club that dive 3 days a week, and have equipment up there with the best of them give me a shout (plenty of our members are northside based)
Thanks for the reply, I have no affiliation with DIT but I'll get in contact with the other two clubs and see if they are open to new memberships.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion