Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So your looking for a club - LOOK HERE FIRST (NO CHAT)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Carlow Karate Club.

www.carlowkarateclub.net

Catering for all age groups.
    Visit our website for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kenpokicks

The European Kenpo Karate Association with headquarters in Celbridge Co. Kildare- clubs nation (and European) wide and the American Kenpo Training System with headquarters in California USA-clubs world wide.:)

Kenpo Kicks

Ps I think it's fantastic to see such difersity in the Martial Arts in our little country. Didn't have that when I was growing up but it's great to see now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UL Karate Club

Got Permission from the Moderator First ;)
    [font=&quot]Ul Shotokan Karate-Do[/font]
    [font=&quot]Putting a Little Ying in your Yang[/font]
    [font=&quot]Karate was first conceived in Okinawa sometime in the 19th century. The style Shotokan was founded by Gichin Funakoshi in the 1920’s. Funakoshi is credited as the “father of modern Karate” being one of the first to bring Karate to mainland Japan.[/font]

[font=&quot]Years later, the UL Karate Club was established and that’s when the fun started. We study a traditional style of Karate, and within our club there are also some traditions. We have our biannual trip to Japan, the Balloon Championships, Pancake Parties, Paintballing, go karting, bowling, ice-skating, the Clubs and Socs Ball, nights out, nights in, Pizza and much more. [/font]

[font=&quot]I know it sounds like all we do is have fun and that’s probably true but we do get a bit of training done and there is plenty of training to be done, we cater for all styles of Karate, beginner to advanced, an skill level. Don’t be shy, if you can’t throw a kick to save your life, some day you might have to and we guarantee that by the end of the year you’ll at least be able to throw a couple and a few punches to boot. We grade our students twice a year with external gradings available for those who want to quicker move up the ranks.[/font]

[font=&quot]The level of training is based on what you put in but our coaches who are all black belts, will have no problem helping you get motivated. With that said there is plenty of opportunity for the serious karate enthusiast in both competitive fighting and forms with as many as 5 competitions run during the year. These include intervarsity’s, regional’s, Munster’s and all-Irelands and if your good enough we can direct you to the Irish squad training as well. We focus on a rounded experience in the club, traditional karate training, competitive training, fitness, self-defence and of course, all the fun we can possibly cook up. [/font]

[font=&quot]So now for the sales pitch, if you want float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, you better get yourself a video of Muhammad Ali. We can’t help you there, what we can offer is a form of self defence, a means to relieve anger or stress in a healthy way, a chance to keep fit, to learn a new skill or refine an old one, to help you achieve glory in competition or contention in a great work out every week, to make friends for life and have the best craic around. [/font]

[font=&quot]So drop in anytime to one of our sessions, Tuesday 6.15-8pm and Thursday 8.15-10.00pm. Hope to see you soon. . . . .[/font]

Reopening Thurs 10th Sept @ 20:00
    Come see us at the Clubs and Societies Recruitment Drive, University Arena, Limerick, Wednesday 9th Sept between 6 and 9pm.
    www.bebo.com/karatekicksass
    www.ulkarate.com
    All queries welcome: info[at]ulkarate[dot]com
    Open to University of Limerick Students and all members of the public over 18 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

HanMooDo in Tralee. Details can be found in the link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

PEDRO BESSA Brazilian Jiujitsu Ireland
    Fighting Fit, Thomson House, Mac Curtain street , Cork City
    Brazilian Jiujitsu/Submission Wrestling
    Judo
    MMA

http://www.bjjcork.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭mike2084

Riordans Taekwondo Schools- Listowel & Newcastle West

http://www.riordanstaekwondoschools.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Couple of people asking me for directions to judo clubs in dublin so I thought I'd throw this link out again.

http://kevinly.yore.ma/judoclubs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Medical Cover

Hi all,

Have ran this past Makikomi and he said I could post here.

If any clubs are looking for, or indeed know of any clubs looking for medical cover for training/events, PM me.

Thanks to Makikomi for allowing me to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up about the new Nai Muay Thai club opening in Bangor, the coach Colin Dunn is a good friend of mine and Co-MMA Instructor at IFS.NI.

The club name Nai Muay Thai was choosen to honour the most famous Thai boxer ever Mr.Nai Khanomtom.On the 17th March each year the Thai`s hold a public holiday in his honour so they could not think of a better name for the club than to name it after this great hero.

Kru Colin Dunn has vast experience in martial arts from Ju Jitsu right through to Muay Boran although primarily teaches Muay Thai.

He is the only Instructor in the UK registered under John Hackleman under the 'PIT System' - for those that do not know John Hackleman is the coach of Chuck Liddell and the PIT is the gym and their training system.

As well as training with John Hackleman, Colin has spent 5 years in Thailaind on the thai professional circuit fighting in Muay Thai and learning Muay Boran.

Here is the link to the website although it may not be live for a few days -

www.naimuaythaibangor.com

His contact details are -

dunzer5 at yahoo dot com

Class Times

Students should arrive 10 minutes early to enable registration and administration to be carried out.

Tues 8.00pm - 9.30pm: Muay Thai sparring
    Thurs 6.30pm - 9.00pm: MuayThai techniques and Fitness
    Sun 3.00pm - 5.30pm: Striking & Grappling (MMA) (At IFS Gym - Antrim)

Nai Muay Thai Bangor train at:
    Room 1
    Hamilton House
    Hamilton Road
    Bangor

If you drive up High St and past the petrol station to the mini roundabout at the top, go right and come to the lights Hamilton House is on your right just at the lights.

I can speak personally recommending his class to anyone interested in increasing their fitness and wanting to learn Muay Thai, Colin is a great teacher with loads of experience and knowledge, everyone is welcome as long as you have the right attitude!

As mentioned earlier he is also my co-mma instructor at the IFSNI gym in Antrim www.ifsni.com - anyone looking to try MMA with us contact myself or Colin.

Cheers

IFSNI

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭thefizz

Kantanni Karate-Do is a traditional Karate system currently running in the following locations:

Coolmine Sports Complex, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
    St. Thomas National School, Lucan, Co Dublin.
    Dunshaughlin Community Centre, Co Meath.
    Dunboyne Sports Complex, Co Meath.
    Clane GAA Sports Hall, Co Kildare.
    Balbriggan Community Centre, Co Dublin.

Contact numbers can be seen at www.kantanni-karate.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Monroe Tart Safe

Lads just a big 'thank you' to the people who have taken the time to PM me or another Mod before posting in here.

Shortly we'll have a seminar's & events thread so you guys can post up information on same.

Regards, and thanks again for your input and for helping the forum run a little more smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Hi Guys,

If your interested in Koryu Uchinadi Kenpo-jutsu we now have clubs/study groups in the following areas,

Belfast – Cork – Dublin - Galway – Monaghan

And individual memberships in Mayo and Cork who incorporate Koryu Uchinadi concepts into their base style.

I attach the contact details.

Thanks

Damien
    www.irkrs-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 007phoenix

Bo-Ju-Kai-Kickboxing. Birr, Roscrea and Nenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

NINJUTSU IN KERRY

Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu comes to Tralee, Co. Kerry in October - check out the website below for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Mauro Sulcis Boxing and Kickboxing

Defend U Ireland Training Studios
    Unit 4 Grattan Business Park.
    Clonshaugh Industrial Estate,
    D 17

www.defendu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Navantkd

Navan Taekwon-Do School
    ITF taekwon-do just outside Navan in Co. Meath, members if Irish National Taekwon-Do Association INTA
    Classes Mondays (juniors/ Seniors) and Thursdays (Little Dragons/Juniors and Seniors)
    More info on www.navantkd.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

jack23 wrote: »
    ''grapple and tap'' MMA - Carlow sports and social club

Sounds better?

Don't suppose you have a number for them?

SV wrote: »
    Don't suppose you have a number for them?

PM the user please.

Original Posted & thread title amended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Training on Monday evenings 6-8pm & Wednesday evenings 8-10pm.

http://www.ucd.ie/karate/

Catering for all ranges of fitness and experience.

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Excellent karate club for the young and old

http://www.karateireland.com/stvincents/

Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Next Generation and Warriors Muay Thai Gym are joining forces to open a new bjj/mma/thai gym in Monkstown, Dun Laoire. The new facility is 2200sq ft will house a ring and large matted area, heavy bags and conditioning equipment. There will be male and female changing and a treatment room for injuy and massage.

We are opening in November, offering daytime and evening classes in BJJ, MMA and MUAY THAI with special beginners courses available in all 3. There will be womens only Thai classes with a female instructor as well as conditioning classes with kettlebells,tyres, sledges, rings etc. We will have both a pay as you go system and monthly pay system with competitive rates for students and unemployed

Keep an eye on both the next generation ireland and warriors gym websites for more details to come.

BJJ and MMA classes will be taken by David Jones Brown Belt 2008 Chris Brennan

Thai Classes by Mike Dockery of Warriors Gym, Former Irish Light MW Champion

Wrestling (from December) Chad Biddle Indiana All State 155lb Freestyle Champion

http://www.warriorsthaiboxing.com/

http://www.nextgenerationireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

ATHY BJJ

Training: Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday, (Friday in Carlow)

Instructer:
    Mick Aldridge
    BJJ Purple belt

The Arch,
    Athy,
    Co.Kildare

www.athybjj.moonfruit.com

P.M. me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes for 12-16 year olds
    starting on Tuesday November 3rd at 6.30pm

Team Balance Ireland
    www.defendu.ie

With Donal Tannam (3rd dan black belt, won bronze in this years Worlds Masters in Atlanta Georgia, USA).

His classes are from 8pm Wednesday & Friday evening at Wildgeesema.com.

I've trained with Donal for years and can promise this will be terrific for beginner and advanced Judoka alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conor2010

Further to the post above I'm offering more details.Class is aimed at judoka and beginners alike. Anyone interested in MMA and judo are most welcome.Class is run by an experienced coach who has won numerous medals both at home and on the international stage. The class promises to be of benefit to those who are already practicing the sport and those that are looking to keep fit without the monotony of the gym. Location is central to Pearse Street Dart Station and all are welcome. For more information contact Donal or Conor.Details listed below

Donal Tannam(3rd Dan)
    donaltannam@gmail.com
    087-9851606

Conor Tannam(2nd kyu)
    conortannam@gmail.com
    087-4150251

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

sligo higashi karate. wednesdays 8-10pm

brazilian jiu jitsu. mondays 8-10pm

€10 a class or €50 a month (covers both)

both@ the crib youth centre, rockwood parade

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭scuttery1

New Fujiyama Ireland dojo opening in waterford next monday night (November 9th) 8pm/9pm,anyone intrested would be welcome.Check out the new website www.fujiyamaireland.webs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

Athlone Kickboxing

Athlone Regional Sports Center
    Light and full contact kickboxing

Fridays
    Classes: Kids 7-8pm
    Adults 8-9pm

info leon.kickboxing@hotmail.com:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MichaelDevlin

Training takes place every Monday Wednesday and Friday 8-9:30 at Glaslough Street in Monaghan Town all welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LM

DCU Shotokan Karate Club
    Dubln City University, Dublin 9

Wed: 7-8pm (beginners)
    Thurs: 7-8pm (brown and black belts)
    Sat: 11am-12.30pm (all grades)

Email: dcukarate@gmail.com
    Web: www.dcukarate.com

Adults only.

Advertisement