Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2019, 16:49   #31
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberchikken View Post
nothing will be achieved if customers dont complain to the actual company.
its pointless saying they know what type of service/bus they provide.
I have complained, I’m sure they receive complaints daily, would love to see the role taking over my by a company like city link or an international transport company that knew how to operate
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 16:52   #32
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
What route was this was it an Expressway service or just a regular BE service? Reason I ask is if it was a regular BE service it would be PSO and if so you should also complain to the NTA aswell as BE.
It was Expressway
03-02-2019, 17:16   #33
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg View Post
If you just check out national express fares you will see that or like many other European national transport providers flixbus, megabus, eurolines, IDBUS, Berlin linien bus, Mein Fernbus, Simple Express, PolskiBus, Onnibus, Westbus, Alsa our standard and price of transport is laughable to any
Well those are all private companies who could set up if they thought it was profitable here and the NTA gave them a licence.
Thanks from:
04-02-2019, 09:59   #34
Prominent_Dawg

On the bus this morning and again it’s a private coach doing the run on a main route, I noticed they’ve also reduced a lot of their main routes rates by half, something doesn’t seem right.. have Bus Éireann taken the week off or something?
04-02-2019, 18:21   #35
end of the road

Quote:
I have complained, I’m sure they receive complaints daily, would love to see the role taking over my by a company like city link or an international transport company that knew how to operate

if the route is a PSO route they would be operating the buses given to them just like be is currently doing. if they are short of coaches on the route and don't have any of their own available to bring in because quite frankly they will keep those for their profit making routes, then they would end up with having the same issue as be by where an operator contracted in to run services on their behalf won't have anything available, generally at short notice, but an old bus.
Advertisement
05-02-2019, 22:25   #36
XPS_Zero

Quote:
I’m actually in disbelief how this is our national bus service, l was on the airport bus today paid for express Bus Éireann nearly 30 euro , and what showed up was like a bus from the 60s not Bus Éireann, some random driver not even working for Bus Éireann, the bus stank of smoke, mold and damp, like it hadn’t been used in years, I had to tell the driver to let me off the bus as I was going to vomit, and had to pay an additional 30 euro for the train, how is this are national bus service

Would it make you feel better to know that senior BE manager ALLEGEDLY (of course) may have, in theory, (but not really) gotten a nice holiday or other defacto bribe to award this company the contract for that service?
Hope that makes you feel better.
Thanks from:
06-02-2019, 00:29   #37
TheQuietFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPS_Zero View Post
Would it make you feel better to know that senior BE manager ALLEGEDLY (of course) may have, in theory, (but not really) gotten a nice holiday or other defacto bribe to award this company the contract for that service?
Hey! Those things don't happen in this country!
06-02-2019, 01:03   #38
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPS_Zero View Post
Holiday season is coming up
06-02-2019, 08:24   #39
Savage_Henry

How about a situation, where their main bus broke down?
"We can use the old bus just to get people home"
"No! People will complain. Let them sit and wait till the main bus is fixed"
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-02-2019, 08:38   #40
EdgeCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietFella View Post
In my opinion it's all to do with our 'National Debt'
That still hasn't gone away people!
Nurses, transport, workers pay, social housing have all been hit and
will continue to do so! We're going backwards!
I don't really buy that. Even during the height of the money no object Celtic Tiger years CIE was quite capable of providing shockingly inconsistent and poor services. They're not known as Cycling Is Easier for nothing!
(2) thanks from:
06-02-2019, 08:43   #41
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCase
I don't really buy that. Even during the height of the money no object Celtic Tiger years CIE was quite capable of providing shockingly inconsistent and poor services. They're not known as Cycling Is Easier for nothing!

It's well known that funding and support for public services has been in decline for decades now, in favour of privatisation, a large proportion of the population would even prefer privatisation of public services
Thanks from:
06-02-2019, 09:02   #42
TheQuietFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
It's well known that funding and support for public services has been in decline for decades now, in favour of privatisation, a large proportion of the population would even prefer privatisation of public services
But will they be prepared to pay for the privatisation?
06-02-2019, 09:03   #43
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietFella
But will they be prepared to pay for the privatisation?

And does it actually work at improving things?
Thanks from:
06-02-2019, 10:20   #44
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
And does it actually work at improving things?
It certainly improves service, as somebody is actually held accountable for poor service. BE don't care because the NTA don't care, they'll continue to receive funding either way whether the service is crap or not.

I don't think privatisation is the way to go. But it does provide some form of accountability.
Thanks from:
06-02-2019, 10:29   #45
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb Your Enthusiasm View Post
It certainly improves service, as somebody is actually held accountable for poor service. BE don't care because the NTA don't care, they'll continue to receive funding either way whether the service is crap or not.

I don't think privatisation is the way to go. But it does provide some form of accountability.
i will partly agree with this, services can and have been improved since the inclusion of the private sector in running our transport systems, but it hasnt been all that positive either, it can be argued that since its inclusion, worker insecurity to has increased, i also think the private sector should be a part of our transport systems going forward, but we must somehow address some of its negatives.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion