Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-02-2019, 13:55   #16
xieann
Registered User
 
xieann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 231
Also, the train station for Edgeworthstown is badly situated in relation to the town itself. You can just hope off the BE bus in the middle of main street Edgeworthstown.
xieann is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 13:58   #17
Prominent_Dawg
Registered User
 
Prominent_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
Why didn’t you say in the OP that you just want to moan?

Surely if the subcontractor is providing a bus from the 60s that smells of smoke, where you had to leave the bus for fear of vomiting, you should complain to the subcontractor at the very least? Saying that they’re only doing their job and it’s all bus eireanns fault is bizzare.

You have all these opinions/facts about BE yet you still booked them?
Yes because it’s the main bus service operating at the airport with not much alternative opinions incase you’re not aware, and yes I’m moaning.. what’s your point? What’s boards for after all?.. I didn’t complain to the driver, as I didn’t purchase my ticket from him, I purchased it from BE, therefore I feel their who’s responsible for the service provided.. maybe I’m wrong!
Prominent_Dawg is offline  
03-02-2019, 14:00   #18
wirelessdude01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg
I would imagine they are well aware of the service they are providing, it’s a ****ing disgrace to the country

Don't assume anything. Complain.
wirelessdude01 is offline  
Thanks from:
03-02-2019, 14:01   #19
beachhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 79
I'd like to see the details of the latest price for transport in the UK,as in national transport here is "5 times the price of the UK".The UK has one of the highest prices for train or bus journeys on the planet.Local council subsidies are minimal ompred to here.
beachhead is offline  
03-02-2019, 14:04   #20
Irish Steve
Moderator
 
Irish Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,422
From recent experience, raising any sort of complaint with BE is a waste of time, we had a recent situation of a service 109A that was due from Ashbourne at 0430 was a no show, so we had to make alternative arrangements to avoid missing the flight.

Sent mail to the area manager, NTA and also put in an online formal complaint. The formal complaint was acknowledged on submission, so I knew they got it, the eventual reply did nothing to address the reason for the no show.

Quote:
I refer to your recent correspondence in reference to the 109A service.

The difficulties experienced by you are unfortunate. I have brought your comments to the attention of our Service Delivery Team and request that they monitor this service and I would like to assure you that every effort will be made to provide the best possible services to passengers at all times, within the resources available to us.

On behalf of Bus Éireann, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.
I have been in the town on a number of occasions recently, and seen 109A services passing through, and a significant number of them are running 30 minutes late, which for an airport service is not exactly helpful, given they run every hour, but it seems that BE are not worried, given the lack of response from their management.

There are also regularly reported issues with the 103/105 and related X services, the most significant being no shows of the 103X service in the morning peak, which is causing significant problems for the people in the Ratoath area that depend on that service.

Unfortunately, it will be some time before these routes come up for tender again, so the chances of a real improvement in the reliability of the service are looking very slim. From a response to the local council from BE, it would seem that they have problems with recruiting and retaining staff, and are also suffering a high absentee rate at some depots.

The NTA are aware of the problems, but as is all too often the case, there is no system in place to take effective action to resolve the problems, a semi state regulating or monitoring another semi state is a very easy way to ensure that there is no accountability or responsibility for any service failings, but there's nothing new there.
Irish Steve is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 14:15   #21
Irish Steve
Moderator
 
Irish Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,422
Oh yes, I forgot, there's another even better indication of just how bad BE are. I also reported to them some weeks ago now that their real time tracker on the web site is not working, and the reason for that is simple, they're not paying the licence fee that's needed to allow Google maps to be used as part of their web site.

Nearly a month later, that's still the case, I've just checked now, and plastered all across the map, which doesn't load correctly, is the clear statement " for development use only", and the pop up window that's also displayed can take you to a web page that clearly explains exactly how to resolve the issue.

Seems that BE can't afford to pay the licence fee, as it's still not been resolved, and they're not prepared to resolve issues that are reported to them. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to get this sorted, it should have taken a few hours, not weeks to fix this.
Irish Steve is offline  
03-02-2019, 14:20   #22
Prominent_Dawg
Registered User
 
Prominent_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
I'd like to see the details of the latest price for transport in the UK,as in national transport here is "5 times the price of the UK".The UK has one of the highest prices for train or bus journeys on the planet.Local council subsidies are minimal ompred to here.
If you just check out national express fares you will see that or like many other European national transport providers flixbus, megabus, eurolines, IDBUS, Berlin linien bus, Mein Fernbus, Simple Express, PolskiBus, Onnibus, Westbus, Alsa our standard and price of transport is laughable to any
Prominent_Dawg is offline  
03-02-2019, 14:32   #23
colm_mcm
Registered User
 
colm_mcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 59,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg View Post
Yes because it’s the main bus service operating at the airport with not much alternative opinions incase you’re not aware, and yes I’m moaning.. what’s your point? What’s boards for after all?.. I didn’t complain to the driver, as I didn’t purchase my ticket from him, I purchased it from BE, therefore I feel their who’s responsible for the service provided.. maybe I’m wrong!
I don’t know where you were going, but I know I’ve used 3 alternatives to BE from Dublin Airport.
colm_mcm is offline  
03-02-2019, 14:43   #24
Prominent_Dawg
Registered User
 
Prominent_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
I don’t know where you were going, but I know I’ve used 3 alternatives to BE from Dublin Airport.
That’s great that those opinions are available to you!
Prominent_Dawg is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 14:45   #25
elperello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,408
What was the year of registration of the bus?

Did it look obviously decrepit from outside?

The company that supplied the bus will be paid the same fee as if they provided a proper standard of bus.

If nobody tells BE then they will continue to get away with it.
elperello is offline  
Thanks from:
03-02-2019, 15:43   #26
Prominent_Dawg
Registered User
 
Prominent_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by elperello View Post
What was the year of registration of the bus?

Did it look obviously decrepit from outside?

The company that supplied the bus will be paid the same fee as if they provided a proper standard of bus.

If nobody tells BE then they will continue to get away with it.
I dunno what year it was, I thing is it’s not what’s advertised when you purchase your ticket from Bus Éireann
Prominent_Dawg is offline  
Thanks from:
03-02-2019, 15:47   #27
wally1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg View Post
I’m actually in disbelief how this is our national bus service, l was on the airport bus today paid for express Bus Éireann nearly 30 euro , and what showed up was like a bus from the 60s not Bus Éireann, some random driver not even working for Bus Éireann, the bus stank of smoke, mold and damp, like it hadn’t been used in years, I had to tell the driver to let me off the bus as I was going to vomit, and had to pay an additional 30 euro for the train, how is this are national bus service
My first thought was if the bus is in the terrible state you said it is(which I belive)

,, how embarrassing for us when our tourist's see this...
We should have a good standard quality bus service
wally1990 is offline  
Thanks from:
03-02-2019, 16:19   #28
Prominent_Dawg
Registered User
 
Prominent_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1990 View Post
My first thought was if the bus is in the terrible state you said it is(which I belive)

,, how embarrassing for us when our tourist's see this...
We should have a good standard quality bus service
Exactly, we are not lucky enough to have a rail service from the airport like many other main cities, the least the national transport authority could do is provide a good standard bus service, I don’t think you realize how bad our transport service is until you travel abroad
Prominent_Dawg is offline  
03-02-2019, 16:22   #29
Rubberchikken
Registered User
 
Rubberchikken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,264
nothing will be achieved if customers dont complain to the actual company.
its pointless saying they know what type of service/bus they provide.
Rubberchikken is offline  
(3) thanks from:
03-02-2019, 16:44   #30
Stephen15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,996
What route was this was it an Expressway service or just a regular BE service? Reason I ask is if it was a regular BE service it would be PSO and if so you should also complain to the NTA aswell as BE.
Stephen15 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet