Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-02-2019, 16:03   #16
SeanW

You think that's bad, try driving with an older car. Full Irish license, 9 years without a claim, no accidents, convictions or penalty points. Ever. Cannot get a quote from most companies, the insurance I have is nearly 1400. Can't even get a quote from XSdirect ...

In answer to the OPs question, you probably don't need to worry about your insurance. My policy and likely others carries a condition worded something like "The Insured, where the Insured has a full driving license, or where the Insured having held such a license, is not disqualified by law from driving." So you should be explicitly covered for driving on an expired full driving license. Still you need to get that license renewed ASAP.

Last edited by SeanW; 10-02-2019 at 16:07.
Advertisement
10-02-2019, 16:09   #17
_Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffryman View Post
I see your six years and raise you 30.....

https://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/36...-27715980.html
Chap I knew in his 60’s stopped for drink driving.
Turned out he never ever had a license and any time stopped showed his brothers.

Imagine, he lived through a time when all you had to do was apply for a licence and you got a full one on tie post - yet he didn’t bother.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion