Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-02-2019, 00:35   #16
end of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman View Post
And the trade Unions would back his behaviour 100%.
would they? i presume you can provide a statement from the unions where they state this to be the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman View Post
In a private company he'd be disciplined or maybe even fired for such intransigence.
he may and he may not be. you would be surprised what can go on within parts of the private sector. the private sector, is not all picture perfect with everything done correctly with no inefficientsies or lazy staff. just like the public sector doesn't waste every penny it gets, isn't full of nothing but inefficientsiees and lazy good for nothing staff. there is a middle ground within both and they both have their faults. but of course you know this.

Last edited by end of the road; 12-02-2019 at 13:52.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-02-2019, 23:03   #17
Qrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSAman View Post
Was at a bus stop once, waiting bus arrived I asked the driver if it went to rathgar,...he said no.. I said it says on the front... he says “ it says Persil on the side but we done take washing!”
Not to be cheeky, but... why ask if it says it at the front?
(2) thanks from:
12-02-2019, 09:54   #18
Working class heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by end of the road View Post
would they? i presume you can provide a statement from the unions where they state this to be the case?

he may and he may not be. you would be surprised what can go on within parts of the private sector. the private sector, is not all picture perfect with everything done correctly with no inefficientsies or lazy staff. just like the public sector doesn't waste every penny it gets, has nothing but inefficientsiees and doesn't decide to only employs lazy good for nothing staff. there is a middle ground within both and they both have their faults. but of course you know this.
Ah you had waffles again I see.
Thanks from:
21-02-2019, 21:59   #19
sheroman01

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has had problems with Bus Eireann! Got a bus departing Busaras a while back, had the exact change, ticket machine in the bus, but the driver insisted I buy a ticket inside. I said there's only 2 minutes until departure time, will I make it alright. He said yeah no problem at all. Of course there was a queue but I was no more than 2/3 minutes. I walk out to see the bus leaving!! Ran after it just before it left Busaras and caught it. He then had the cheek to be annoyed at me for nearly missing it and for taking it so long!! I'll happily delay my trips to/from Dublin in favour of travelling with CityLink, and have been doing so in recent years.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion